• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

more 12:30 kick-offs next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Liverpool are the most watched team in world football according to Nielsen Sport
The drop in media revenue is mainly due to last season’s exit from the Champions League in the last-16 stage, compared to reaching the final in the previous season. LFC does continue to be the most-watched team in world football across the past five seasons, with an average per season broadcast audience of more than 724m**.

Well there's a limit.

Whether it's 4 times, 5....6 or 7, I say bring it on.

As far as being the most watch team over the last 5 years, not surprising.

I don't care if we continue to perform, and win, as we've done this season.

And most watched team in the world? Of course we are ! Who in their right mind would prefer any other team !! Pure box office.

How did that most watched team translate to TV revenues globally?
  • Media revenue fell by £19m to £242m
  • Matchday revenue fell by £7m to £80m
  • Commercial revenue rose by £25m to £272m
  • Administrative costs rose by £17m to £562m
  • Overall revenue remained static at £594m
  • Loss before tax was £9m

You know what, I feel for the likes of StevieM, Dreamy who I believe live down under and our Asian friends. More 12.30 games for them I say!
I used to hate them, but I get TNT sports with my mobile package so it has worked out well. And we're winning them with regularity these days so the more the merrier.

Actually, the evening games are even better now - because the screaming alarm clock very rarely sleeps past 6am which is perfect for the time differences.

It’s the 3pm kick offs that are the worst.

Although my ability to do Monday Morning Team Reporting had been somewhat compromisedzzz

Actually, the evening games are even better now - because the screaming alarm clock very rarely sleeps past 6am which is perfect for the time differences.

It’s the 3pm kick offs that are the worst.

Although my ability to do Monday Morning Team Reporting had been somewhat compromisedzzz
3pm's are heaven. It's the midweek 20.00 I hate the most (04.00 over here - I have to stay up all night). Sigh.

Where is the advantage of being the most watched team when our media revenue is going down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom