• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Napoli v Liverpool Match Thread - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocker, but i'm honestly not that bothered, just have a feeling that this will be an inconsequential game, hopefully it's a kick up the arse for our players who've be really subpar so far this season.

They've been far and away the better team. They deserve the win

The only way anyone could argue they didn't deserve it, is based on how wasteful they were in the final third. They were the better side, it's just that the final ball and execution was shite mostly. We were just shite full stop.

The only way anyone could argue they didn't deserve it, is based on how wasteful they were in the final third. They were the better side, it's just that the final ball and execution was shite mostly. We were just shite full stop.

Nobody could argue they didn't deserve it

i'm not that fussed - we didn't deserve it but that was a really really poor performance.
We've made this group more difficult than we had to. If we weren't going for 3 points, why start the front 3? Why not give Shaq another run out?
We better get a result on Sunday ...

Really poor, and not because Napoli were great. Not sure why we seem to have lost our mojo, especially the front 3.
Hoofball at the end was disgraceful, it’s not like we’ve got crouch upfront, it was fucking salah.

Not the end of the world.. Win our next two games and we could potentially only need a draw to get through

2 sloppy defensive performances by Robertson on the run now. Salah looks lost and the midfield are looking tired already. I thought Mane was the only one who played okay tonight and the rest were garbage.

That was awful. Our worst game this season. And Napoli who were far from great deserved that win.
VvD, Alisson and Gomez were the only ones who had a good game (well, Gomez until he made those two mistakes).
Shit.

Sometimes I don’t understand Klopp at all. Was it really the best possible preparation for City to have Salah, Mane and Firmino play 90 minutes, running without the ball in a defensive shape in a frustrating game we ultimately lost? This was one of the few games a season where it seems Klopp didn’t have a plan at all.

To me it just looked like the team was jaded & understandably so.

This combined with Napoli playing out of their skins as if this was a final, explains what we saw today.

I think we were poor because Napoli had considered how to slow us down.
We're at our best when the ball moves forward quickly.

Go back and watch how they put our fullbacks under pressure and tried to cut out the passing lanes in the wide areas at the same time.

I think Mcmanaman has it spot on, we didn't throw our FBs forward and didn't commit our midfielders, we came for a point and blew it.

Ive just got in, didnt watch the game.
More worrying signs from a missfiring front three it seems.

Sometimes I don’t understand Klopp at all. Was it really the best possible preparation for City to have Salah, Mane and Firmino play 90 minutes, running without the ball in a defensive shape in a frustrating game we ultimately lost? This was one of the few games a season where it seems Klopp didn’t have a plan at all.

Your second sentence contradicts your third.

No they don't.
Yes they fucking do.
I have seen nothing to convince me we will win anything this season. We are joint top in the league coz we are better than the other teams that all seemed to be finding their form. This was by far the worse performance from a liverpool team under Klopp I have ever seen. That front three are just not cutting it in games. We have not addressed any of the midfield issues of last season. The football we are playing is the shittiest ever under Klopp as manager. Fuck all shots at goal...a game like this was always coming.

Mane, VvD, Wijnaldum, Allison, the only four who were even remotely close to ok. The rest were awful, with special mentions for Salah and both full backs who were extremely grim.

Ive just got in, didnt watch the game.
More worrying signs from a missfiring front three it seems.

Salah looks totally out of sorts.

But i don't think they were given much to work with tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom