• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2014-15 Season

dmishra

Very Well-Known
Starting a new thread for the offseason.

Heat big 3 breaking up.

Lebron back to the Cavs. Wonder if they'll now be able to trade Wiggins for Love.

Bosh to Houston is pretty much nailed on now I reckon. Howard, Bosh and Harden is going to be a title contending team.

Yeah, I would love to see a team with Lebron, Kyrie Irving, and Kevin Love. Should be great entertainment.

The Rockets finalizing Jeremy Lin, a future first-round pick and other draft considerations to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

Looks like Bosh to the Rockets is happening. Wonder where Carmelo lands now...do the Heat+Wade have enough pull to get him?

Yeah the Heat are done. Why Houston offered Bosh a max deal is just mind blowing, but he would be a fool not to take it and run. No way Miami can make the moves it needs to be in contention next year. Wade is physically fucked and needs a lot of help. Maybe Durant will end up there in a few years.

And what the fuck is up with Dallas' offer the Chandler Parsons. Do they really think he is going to take them over the hump. Dirk is very much on the decline, and has taken pay cuts over the years so they could build around him. Their solution is Parsons? WTF? If I was Dirk I would be livid. Jim Carrey is a great coach though, I'd say 2nd to only Pop, so who knows what miracles he could conjure.

The Rockets finalizing Jeremy Lin, a future first-round pick and other draft considerations to the Lakers, league source tells Yahoo.

Looks like Bosh to the Rockets is happening. Wonder where Carmelo lands now...do the Heat+Wade have enough pull to get him?

Carmelo's best option is Chicago. The fact that he plays zero defense has to be taken into account. In Chicago it can be masked, because their main need is scoring.

Pretty telling that Bron ran through the Cavs roster and not a single mention of Wiggy.

He gone!!

hORE99j.png

Kobe is such a cunt. I really hope he comes back and is a shadow of his former self. Especially after his huge contract, when the Lakers are trying to rebuild. I guess he really thinks he is that good.

When he retires and is forgotten, the NBA will be a better place again.

Carmelo's best option is Chicago. The fact that he plays zero defense has to be taken into account. In Chicago it can be masked, because their main need is scoring.

He'll stay at NY though.

No doubt the Cavs will trade Wiggins for Love. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised to see them find a spot at Guard for Johnny Manziell.

Kobe is such a cunt. I really hope he comes back and is a shadow of his former self. Especially after his huge contract, when the Lakers are trying to rebuild. I guess he really thinks he is that good.

When he retires and is forgotten, the NBA will be a better place again.
Just think, if the Lakers had actually signed Kobe to a reasonable extension last year (i.e. what he is actually worth) instead of giving him a lifetime achievement award contract they could have been running shit in free agency this summer.

Instead they get Linsanity and overpay for Jordan Hill

[emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

Bosh re-signs with Miami. 5 year, $118 million. Full max deal - bigger than Lebron's 4 year, $88 million.

Crazy money for Bosh, and pointless too, given they'll win fuck all with just Bosh and Wade.

And what the fuck is up with Dallas' offer the Chandler Parsons. Do they really think he is going to take them over the hump. Dirk is very much on the decline, and has taken pay cuts over the years so they could build around him. Their solution is Parsons? WTF? If I was Dirk I would be livid. Jim Carrey is a great coach though, I'd say 2nd to only Pop, so who knows what miracles he could conjure.

Check out Parsons' numbers ... Kid is young, and improving constantly. Considering how the Mavs played the Spurs, I think his presence + that of Chandler, who will free up Dirk defensively a bit, may make us a top 6 team ... what will hurt the Mavs is losing Carter -

@dmishra - LeBron's contract is supposedly only 2 years, where they'll re-negotiate and up it considerably.

The NBA should be even more exciting next year.

Yeah, 2 years, $42 million apparently - initial reports suggested it was 4 years though.

Yeah, 2 years, $42 million apparently - initial reports suggested it was 4 years though.

He'll get a 5-110+ contract when he's 32 and retire on that.

So ... Cavs to win how many championships in the next 5 years?

I was looking at Chandler Parson's #s ... He's really not that bad ... Sure, we overpaid but 15/5/5 for a kid who's going to get better is solid.

I like Parsons - but he's pretty much got a max deal. This off-season has been crazy. The likes of Hayward and Parsons getting the max is ridiculous.

if he can get 17/18-7-5 per game, we may well be a top 4 seed.

Most folks are not as rational as you. By giving Parsons what is essentially a max deal, they have also piled unreasonable expectations on him as well. He is not a game changer, yet they are paying him game changer money. It's not his fault, he just is not capable of living up to that price tag.

Who makes the basketball decisions in Dallas? I thought Cuban had taken more of a backseat in things, but this seems like a Cuban deal.

Most folks are not as rational as you. By giving Parsons what is essentially a max deal, they have also piled unreasonable expectations on him as well. He is not a game changer, yet they are paying him game changer money. It's not his fault, he just is not capable of living up to that price tag.

Who makes the basketball decisions in Dallas? I thought Cuban had taken more of a backseat in things, but this seems like a Cuban deal.

We have two game changes already - and a rim protector (if healthy) ... if Parsons goes with the line I gave, we'll very dangerous ... Especially with the head coach he's got.

We have two game changes already - and a rim protector (if healthy) ... if Parsons goes with the line I gave, we'll very dangerous ... Especially with the head coach he's got.

I agree he will be an asset, he is just being grossly over paid. I mean good on him for getting what he can, but shame on Dallas for inflating his value. What he is capable of, and what he is being paid simply do not line up.

And Jim Carrey is a phenomenal coach I agree, 2nd best coach in the league behind Pop in my opinion.

He'll stay at NY though.

No doubt the Cavs will trade Wiggins for Love. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised to see them find a spot at Guard for Johnny Manziell.

Looks like Love to Cleveland is gaining steam, crazy that Love has never been to the playoffs.

I agree he will be an asset, he is just being grossly over paid. I mean good on him for getting what he can, but shame on Dallas for inflating his value. What he is capable of, and what he is being paid simply do not line up.

And Jim Carrey is a phenomenal coach I agree, 2nd best coach in the league behind Pop in my opinion.

Pop is 1st by a few light years though ... I wonder where he'll be looked at historically vs Red & Phil.

I think sometimes you overpay for a player who 'fits' - he may not, but I have a good feeling about him ... We'll be a dangerous team next year if Chandler stays healthy ... Less so if he's not.

Jim Carrey is very good, especially come playoff time. He really is underrated. Phil has never impressed me, I always think of him more as a man manger than a pure coach. He is the best in the world at handling the diva superstar, his coaching is questionable.

And Dallas will be fine next year, but they seem to be building for the present, since Dirk is on the decline, Chandler is always half broke, and Parson's is overpaid. Ellis should improve this year though, he is a good young talent.

Carlisle and Thibodeau are the best after Pop.

Hopefully, Hornacek joins those ranks soonish.

Ellis is 28 mate!

Really?!?! I never bothered to check that out, i just remember the commentators during the playoffs talking about he has taken steps foreword and has massive potential. I just assumed he was young.

I guess they are built for the present.

Kevin Ware in the NCAA tournament was worse (dat protruding bone) but this was terrible.

Feel awful for Paul George.

Back
Top Bottom