• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Regular Season Thread & Playoffs

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=28209.msg877188#msg877188 date=1243483939]
Laker beat the Nuggets.

Lakers lead 3-2 in the WCF.

Game 5 of the ECF is tomorrow, Magic leads 3-1.

Are we going to see Lebron having to wait under year again tomorrow?

Stay tuned.
[/quote]

yes, and i think if that's the case, WCF winner takes it.

I really would like to see a Magic upset but it won't happen.

Lakers in 5 - and I think tat should cement Phil as one of the top 3 coaches of all time.

Now I got to pray Lebron doesnt win it again next year and the Knicks can splash the cash and pick up Bosh, Lebron and another.

*waves to Jimmy*

I think the Lakers will win in 6.

Lakers take game 1.

Awesome performance from Kobe, scoring 40 points.

Next game on Sunday at the Staples.

You need luck to win it, and the Lakers did enjoy some luck today. Lee could have easily given the win to the Magic.
2:0 down, but the Magic are still in it. If they manage to take their 3 home games one at a time w/o thinking about the 2:0 deficit they may well be heading back to L.A. leading 3:2 needing one more win.

Here's hoping ;D

Yes!!!

2 more games.

I don't see the Magic winning 3 games in Orlando, maybe 2. LA to win in 6 is still my prediction. LA will probably take game 4 and win it all in game 6 in LA.

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!

Well, I also said I couldn't see the Magic winning it (see we all WITNESS thread...), but still.

Let's go Magic!

Magic shot 62.5% from the field, an NBA record, in 108-104 win.

40-64 from the field, impressive stuff ... take out the 5-14 for 3 PTers, and it's 35-50 from 2 pt range (70%!!!)

Turkoglu has been impressive throughout the playoffs and has become one of their key man. In fact he's their go to guy. However, he looked very tired today. Haven/t seen the game stats, but he seems to be on the court for long minutes.

So it's 1:2. Win two more at home, and the pressure will be on the Lakers.

series over as Magic lose and are now down 3-1.

One thing about Howard, and perhaps Lebron, that may hinder the ability to take their teams to the next level is that 'nasty' streak. In the 3rd quarter, Kobe grabbed a rebound by fouling Howard (not called, but hey, barely any fouls on him are) and had this 'glare' while he was jawing with Howard. Howard seemed to be laughing ... All the greats had this nasty streak to them ... I've yet to see it with Howard or James.

Yep, unfortunately this season is over now.
Orlando made so many mistakes when the money was on the table. Leading by 5 well ino the final minute. Then at +3 with 10 seconds to go, Howard misses both FT's and finally Nelosn staring at Fisher as he comfortably prepares himself for a 3 pointer that ties the game, rather than fouling him much earlier, or making way for him to get into the basket for a 2 pointer.

As for Howard - I see your point but if he only could shoot from the line... 6 for 14 with 1 for 4 when it all mattered! As long as oppsition players such as Farmar and Bryant (and I'm not counting big men like Bynum, Odom or Gasol) can hold him and send him to the line w/o this ending in a 3 points game he's in trouble. Shaquille couldn't shoot from the line, but at least NOBODY could hold him and send him to the line for 2 throws - it was always 2 points + 1 FT.

Lakers won thanks to players like Ariza and Fisher who showed up today and helped Bryant and Gasol.
Orlando lost because only Turkoglu, Pieturs at times and Howard (he still had 20+ rebounds and 9 blocked shots) showed up. Lewis, Alston and Nelson were nowhere to be seen.

At the end of the day they prbably deserved this title, although I'd like to think that this season would have ended differently had Garnett been fit.

Let's hope Dwight Howard and this Magic team don't go the same path Nick Anderson (& Shaq & Kobe) & 'that' Magic team went after the aforementioned Anderson went 0-4 in the last few seconds to allow Hakeem & the Rockets to win game 1.

I saw this amazing stat on Espn today.

Most 3 pters in NBA final history?
Horry (with some 52)
Jordan (46 or around ther)
and third place?
Derek Fisher with 40 ....

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg886916#msg886916 date=1244807095]
Let's hope Dwight Howard and this Magic team don't go the same path Nick Anderson (& Shaq & Kobe) & 'that' Magic team went after the aforementioned Anderson went 0-4 in the last few seconds to allow Hakeem & the Rockets to win game 1.

[/quote]

Was Kobe there?!

[quote author=jimmy link=topic=28209.msg886962#msg886962 date=1244810504]

[/quote]

Was Kobe there?!
[/quote]

I mean Penny! oops

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg887008#msg887008 date=1244816024]
[quote author=jimmy link=topic=28209.msg886962#msg886962 date=1244810504]

[/quote]

Was Kobe there?!
[/quote]

I mean Penny! oops
[/quote]

I knew what you meant ;) ;D

Well done to the Lakers ...

Phil Jackson now has a ring for each finger and has proven he doesn't need '2 superstars' to win.

Kobe has proven he doesn't need Shaq to win ... 2 more till Mike.

Congratulations to the Lakers. Well deserved, I guess... ;)

Orlando did much more than anybody had expected from them - well done.

I'm so HAPPY!

Woohoo!!!

I hope to feel like this again next year when we win the league... and repeat as NBA champions again. ;D

Back
Top Bottom