• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Regular Season Thread & Playoffs

Houston - LA ... what can you say.

No Yao, no Tracy - and they take a 17-1 lead! and win by double digits.

if they win this series, I think it has to go down as one of the biggest upsets in recent times. I know they had Yao for a games 1-3, but they were down 2-1. They're 2-1 without him and can win on Sunday (though doubtful to say the least)

btw, is Rondo one of the best rebounding guards you've ever seen?

5 rebounds a game this year, and in the playoffs, he has 7 10+ rebound games (+ 3 9 rebound games) in 13 games ... that's fantastic stuff -

I think what Rondo did to Miller was MUCH worse than what Kobe did to Artest. I think Kobe deserved a flagrant 1, i dont think anyone besides Artest would get suspended for that play. It was during the battling for a board a time where it gets th emost physical in basketball. I actually got hurt going up for a board a couple days ago. It happens. But what Rondo did was a desperate swing at a player in the final seconds of a OT in order to stop him from scoring. He slapped someone in the face and it pulled them backwards. It definately deserved a suspension.

Carmelo's did deserve a suspension also, it was a punch, i'd even say it deserved 2 games it was quite a horrible reaction. but I'd say the series would still be 3-1 cause Denver would have come out like a card on fire in the fourth game if the foul on Carmelo had been called. They are jsut eh better team imo.

Boston seem to be running on the last drops of gasoline. Even if they do eventually beat Orlando, there's no way (but for a miracle) fot them to get past Le Bron and the Cavs. They will probably win one game of that series.

Full marks to the Rockets for an amazing series. I can't see them eliminating the Lakers, but they will cetainly have hurt their confidence and maybe pave the way for Denver to eliminate them.

[quote author=jimmy link=topic=28209.msg867169#msg867169 date=1242368095]
Boston seem to be running on the last drops of gasoline. Even if they do eventually beat Orlando, there's no way (but for a miracle) fot them to get past Le Bron and the Cavs. They will probably win one game of that series.[/quote]

it's one word, two syllabuls my dear friend (LeBron)

Fucking Lakers driving me nuts.

I took the day off to watch them and they play like crap.

Fisher and Bynum were the worst of the lot.

Props to Houston though.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg867174#msg867174 date=1242368547]
Boston seem to be running on the last drops of gasoline. Even if they do eventually beat Orlando, there's no way (but for a miracle) fot them to get past Le Bron and the Cavs. They will probably win one game of that series.[/quote]

it's one word, two syllabuls my dear friend (LeBron)
[/quote]

Thank you for correcting me, my pedantic friend. I'll try to avoid pressing that space bar next time.
Still, I believe that the aforementioned L. James will lead his team to the NBA finals this season, and maybe to the title too.

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=28209.msg867164#msg867164 date=1242366389]
I think what Rondo did to Miller was MUCH worse than what Kobe did to Artest. I think Kobe deserved a flagrant 1, i dont think anyone besides Artest would get suspended for that play. It was during the battling for a board a time where it gets th emost physical in basketball. I actually got hurt going up for a board a couple days ago. It happens. But what Rondo did was a desperate swing at a player in the final seconds of a OT in order to stop him from scoring. He slapped someone in the face and it pulled them backwards. It definately deserved a suspension.

Carmelo's did deserve a suspension also, it was a punch, i'd even say it deserved 2 games it was quite a horrible reaction. but I'd say the series would still be 3-1 cause Denver would have come out like a card on fire in the fourth game if the foul on Carmelo had been called. They are jsut eh better team imo.
[/quote]

Don't understand how you can say that...

One was an instinctive reaction (and not a "swing" at all) the other was a pre-determined elbow to the throat. Both dirty, but only one was a violent swing at the opponent, and it wasn't by Rondo.

Rondo got his hand in Miller's face, yes... But "pulled him back"? I don't think so, mate. Rondo, one handed, from the side, doesn't have the strength to pull back a moving Brad Miller.

Boston seem to be running on the last drops of gasoline. Even if they do eventually beat Orlando, there's no way (but for a miracle) fot them to get past Le Bron and the Cavs. They will probably win one game of that series.

Full marks to the Rockets for an amazing series. I can't see them eliminating the Lakers, but they will cetainly have hurt their confidence and maybe pave the way for Denver to eliminate them.
[/quote]

Correct, James.

I'm not too pushed if we lose tonight, TBH.

The weeks I've had, with the Reds and the Bruins, I would be the slightest bit surprised. Sports suck big fat mickies!

And we're all playing for the right to lose to LeBron this season. And proably for many more...

I belive the game is tomorrow, isn't it DR?

As for James and seasons to come - you never know what new "monster" is going to emerge from high schools.

Orlando made good solid easy work of Boston dispatching them quite easily. Hit 65% of there 3pters which was great. Charles Barkley who has predicted very well this playoffs and is the funniest thing about tv nowadays predicted the Magic to beat the Cavs. Which I disagree with but can see it happening. Gonna be a great series.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg869221#msg869221 date=1242592236]
With a minute left in the first half, Lakers are up by 25 ...

La Lakers vs Denver it is.
[/quote]

Eh?

Isn't it Houston?

Lakers win in the end and will meet Denver in the Western Conference Finals. And I'll get to watch it because ESPN has the rights to the WCF this year. Yesssss!!!

In other news, there will be a new champion this year as the Magic beat the Celtics 4-3.

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=28209.msg869345#msg869345 date=1242618964]

[/quote]

Eh?

Isn't it Houston?
[/quote]

no, the conference final will be la vs denver! ;)

I think Assulin likes the Nets or Knicks.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg869349#msg869349 date=1242621324]
[quote author=DHSC link=topic=28209.msg869345#msg869345 date=1242618964]

[/quote]

Eh?

Isn't it Houston?
[/quote]

no, the conference final will be la vs denver! ;)

I think Assulin likes the Nets or Knicks.
[/quote]

Ah. I misread the post.

Nets???

Knicks???

Bye bey Celtics :'(

They never had a chance w/o KG, and even if they did manage to eliminate Orlando they would have been murdered by LeBron (see LTW?...) and the gang.
I also suspect that this was their last chance with this set of players, as Pierce, Allen and Garnett are not getting any younger.

[quote author=jimmy link=topic=28209.msg869758#msg869758 date=1242658338]

They never had a chance w/o KG, and even if they did manage to eliminate Orlando they would have been murdered by LeBron (see LTW?...) and the gang.
I also suspect that this was their last chance with this set of players, as Pierce, Allen and Garnett are not getting any younger.
[/quote]

If they're all fit this time next year, we have one last chance, Jimmy.

Adding another 2nd tier player for one final run at it wouldn't hurt either....

We have another shot mate - Don't give up yet.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=28209.msg869794#msg869794 date=1242661632]
[quote author=jimmy link=topic=28209.msg869758#msg869758 date=1242658338]

[/quote]

If they're all fit this time next year, we have one last chance, Jimmy.

Adding another 2nd tier player for one final run at it wouldn't hurt either....

We have another shot mate - Don't give up yet.
[/quote]

Didn't work as expected/hoped with Marbury, did it?
Anyway, here's hoping KG is back and all the others have an injury free run next season.
BTW, Rondo is developing into a very good player. He may become the corner stone for the next Celtics team.

We weer always gonna fial if we were depending on him to be an answer.

He's a bit part player on a really good team, tops. If he's a focus point, it's a medicore team.

Keep the faith, at least until this time next year. :)

And even if we don't win a 2nd time, it was still worth it... We destroyed the Lakers to win it, remember?

F#$!ing glorious.

I am a Knicks fan, hoping that our new management can actually produce a winning team and sign Bosh, Wade and Nash in summer of 2010. But what a luxury it is to go from the retardation of Isaiah Thomas to the brilliance of Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni.

Lakers beat the Nuggets!

Ariza with a huge steal in the last 10 seconds and Kobe icing it with 6-6 FT shooting in last few seconds of the game.

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=28209.msg870570#msg870570 date=1242747336]
I am a Knicks fan, hoping that our new management can actually produce a winning team and sign Bosh, Wade and Nash in summer of 2010. But what a luxury it is to go from the retardation of Isaiah Thomas to the brilliance of Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni.
[/quote]

Donnie Walsh has done well. Really well, esp in moving some really bad contracts. I wont be surprised if you get Bosh, Wade I'm not too sure.

By the way, Clippers win the Lottery. Looks like they'll be getting Blake Griffin as the number 1 pick. ESPN was saying that this is the worst case scenario for Griffin as the Clippers have the unmovable Zach Randolph (of Portland and NY infamy) at PF. Memphis get the 2nd pick and Orlando 3rd. Sacramento fall to 4th.

Magic shock the Cavs 107-106 despite Lebron's 49 points.

Looks like we're in for 2 amazing conference finals.

Denver squeaks by LA 106-103.

Conference final updates:

Denver 1 - 1 La Lakers (next game @ Denver)
Orlando 1 - 0 Cavs (next game @ Cleveland)

Laker beat the Nuggets.

Lakers lead 3-2 in the WCF.

Game 5 of the ECF is tomorrow, Magic leads 3-1.

Are we going to see Lebron having to wait under year again tomorrow?

Stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom