• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of players out there that owe us a fucking goal. We're a one man band with Suarez. Allen and shelvey have been dogshit lately, and Gerrard, suso and sterling offer zero goal threat.

What ideas can he have if Shelvey misses 3 clear chances? Gerrard cannot put a shot beyond a defender?
Downing is not a threat? As are Allen and Şahin?

Set the team differently.

Use Assaidi perhaps who has been unlucky to not get a look in.

Get Gerrard further forward where he has traditionally been more effective - it's worth a try.

I'm not the one being paid millions of pounds to get 110% out of the squad. As Wiz said the other day, right now he's not even getting 100%.

What grates me to no end is why a world-class set piece taker like Şahin gets only 1 corner the whole game, the rest of the time he is in the penalty box, trying to head the ball (not his strongest suit). Gerrard takes most set pieces when it's him who should be in the penalty box. Then Downing comes on for Şahin and we nearly concede from his corner, that's how unbelievably shit it was. We've had 4 different managers, and not one of them managed to make our set pieces at least decent.

Well, we do have our chances. But we apparently have no goals in any of our players other than Suarez.
I agree re Assaidi - I'd send him on ahead of both Shelvey and Downing. Woould that get us more goals? Not sure.

A few comments:

Allen - I don't like seeing him as the defensive midfield. We need Lucas back.

Wisdom - not a very good full back. Offers nothing but square passing going forward. Looks like a centre back playing out of position.

Enrique - a very ponderous full back. Dwells and often plays the wrong. When did he become shit? He's was a good player last year. One good ball doesn't make for a very good game.

Gerrard - needs to be playing further up, in and around the opponent's box. As he's one of the few goal threats.

Şahin - not sure exactly his role right now.

Shelvey - a poor player. Should be plying his trade in the Championship with Charlton. Not a good defensive midfielder, not a good attacking one. Missed an open goal. Again.

Suarez - should be playing left wing and allowed to do what he wants. He can't play there because there's no one else. We're relying on individualism from him and he plays like a man who knows this. Tries to do too much.

Allen was poor again today with his passing. He needs a rest.

He probably also needs some movement around him to create some options for his passes (That's not to say that I disagree re the quality of his passes recently).

Michael Owen is a cunt, he's bitter because Liverpool prefered to go without a striker than have him back, fucking cunt!
Stoke's former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Michael Owen on Twitter: "Not having Coloccini's red card at all. He didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

Michael Owen is a cunt, he's bitter because Liverpool prefered to go without a striker than have him back, fucking cunt!
Stoke's former Liverpool and Newcastle striker Michael Owen on Twitter: "Not having Coloccini's red card at all. He didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

Oh Michael ... Let it go soon, let it go.

If the result wasn't bad enough we are all going to have to endure the shit that will shortly be emanating from Pardew's mouth.

If the result wasn't bad enough we are all going to have to endure the shit that will shortly be emanating from Pardew's mouth.

What did he say? "Suarez dove for his goal, it should have been a free kick for simulation"? "coloccini shouldn't have been sent off, Suarez was walking afterward which means it wasn't a real foul"?

I'm glad Collocinni got a red because he really did deserve one. The commentators were skirting around the issue by saying he was really really late and his studs were showing - what they wanted to say and what we all know is that he absolutely meant it to be late and he wanted to hurt Suarez.

Anyone that says otherwise is deluding themselves or has an agenda.

What did he say? "Suarez dove for his goal, it should have been a free kick for simulation"? "coloccini shouldn't have been sent off, Suarez was walking afterward which means it wasn't a real foul"?

Irrespective of the result the cunt usually reckons his team was great! I just hate him.

Fuck Downing and fuck Shelvey. I certainly didn't expect any more from Downing, but Shelvey cost us 2 points today. 3 or 4 chances to score and he made a balls of them all. Enrique was good in defence, to be fair, but he was woeful on the ball. Every time he got it, he just looked like he didn't know what to do with it, and almost every pass he made was awful. Wisdom isn't good enough for first team football. At least not yet. His inexperience is clearly showing. He doesn't like pressure. He can't even take a fucking throw in without either giving it away, or making a foul throw.

To be fair to Allen, I think he did ok today. Ok he didn't make any killer passes but he kept it simple, found his team mate, and basically did his job. Sterling and Suarez were total trojans as usual. Suso and Şahin were playing well too. Gerrard, as others have said, needs to be further up the pitch.

The other thing that bugged me today was our set-pieces, corners in particular. They were shit. No threat whatsoever. Şahin, Gerrard and Downing can hit decent corners when they want to, but why was Gerrard taking all the corners on the right? Surely Şahin/Downing should be taking these? And vice versa on the left. Why did Downing take that late corner? An in-swinger is surely a more dangerous option?

Don't be absurd. Shelvey didn't cost us points. No one else would gave even been in those positions to shoot... Like all game before he came on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom