• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be absurd. Shelvey didn't cost us points. No one else would gave even been in those positions to shoot... Like all game before he came on
Ok, he didn't cost us points on the traditional sense, but he should have won the game for us. Especially with his first chance.

Don't be absurd. Shelvey didn't cost us points. No one else would gave even been in those positions to shoot... Like all game before he came on

Shelvey did well when he came on and improved our overall game but was completely wasteful in front of goal. Luis Suarez was world class today and all those cunts who promoted us selling him need therapy. We are fucked without him at the moment. Fucked

Shelvey did well when he came on and improved our overall game but was completely wasteful in front of goal. Luis Suarez was world class today and all those cunts who promoted us selling him need therapy. We are fucked without him at the moment. Fucked

Correct

We looked better when a midfielder came on who actually WANTED to be in and around the box. Yes he was very wasteful, but he improved us.

We're lucky to have suarez. I wouldn't blame him if he left and I'd have no hard feelings (unless he went somewhere twatty)

We're contenders with him.

Yep not far off. We're a midtable/bottom half team at the minute. 8th and above this season would be success. I feel sorry for the people with hopes of 4th, just setting themselves up for a fall.

We're contenders with him.

Thankfully there are probably at least three teams worse than us so I think we'll be be spared the humiliation Man Utd had to endure in the 70's but we are a very long way from being competitive and without Suarez we'd be in the mix for relegation.

Fuck Downing and fuck Shelvey. I certainly didn't expect any more from Downing, but Shelvey cost us 2 points today. 3 or 4 chances to score and he made a balls of them all. Enrique was good in defence, to be fair, but he was woeful on the ball. Every time he got it, he just looked like he didn't know what to do with it, and almost every pass he made was awful. Wisdom isn't good enough for first team football. At least not yet. His inexperience is clearly showing. He doesn't like pressure. He can't even take a fucking throw in without either giving it away, or making a foul throw.

To be fair to Allen, I think he did ok today. Ok he didn't make any killer passes but he kept it simple, found his team mate, and basically did his job. Sterling and Suarez were total trojans as usual. Suso and Şahin were playing well too. Gerrard, as others have said, needs to be further up the pitch.

The other thing that bugged me today was our set-pieces, corners in particular. They were shit. No threat whatsoever. Şahin, Gerrard and Downing can hit decent corners when they want to, but why was Gerrard taking all the corners on the right? Surely Şahin/Downing should be taking these? And vice versa on the left. Why did Downing take that late corner? An in-swinger is surely a more dangerous option?

I'm wondering if I watched the same game as you?

Allen gave the ball away a fair bit, Enrique was slightly less shit defending than attacking, but shit nonetheless, Suso had a couple of sublime moments, but overall exhibited quite a lot of poor decision making and was a bit greedy at times, Şahin was kinda meh.

Shelvey came on and fluffed chances, but at least he was in the right places, the support for Suarez was dire today

1352050375446.gif

We're fucking shite. Some of the optimism in here is ridiculous and unwarranted. "If we win against Newcastle we'll be...." Pack it in.

Without that Suarez goal, which was out of nowhere and magical, we would have lost 1-0. I'm certain of that. We cannot break teams down for shit. And that's not going to change any time soon. One man team.
Apart from the massive chances we missed ya?

Is that not a handball to control the ball before he scored? He should have a red card!!!! :p

I like their goalie. I think he is quite young as well? I guess Chelsea will look to snap him up sooner or later, so we should be on the alert if that is an area we are to correct.

I don't think we are shite at all, in fact I think we are quite good.
Some of our play, particularly in the first 20mins was scintillating.
Of course all that fancy play without scoring or taking our chances is a waste of time
However we are exactly at the point we knew we would be at when the transfer window closed, so whinging and stamping our feet merely states the bleedin' obvious.
As regards the optimism Hal, its not optimism its pointing out the reality, the reality is we are not doing well but none the less a couple of wins puts us in a good position, that's more to do with others stuttering than optimism.
There are plenty of positives if only people took the planks out of their eyes.
We are treading water , and keeping our fingers crossed on Suarez until Jan, it was always going to be so, so do me a favour unless people can come up with something new and/or constructive criticism shut the fuck up.....ta

regards

From "unlucky to lose" to "unlucky to draw", we are making a slow progress there. Can't wait for the January transfer window.

I'm wondering if I watched the same game as you?

Allen gave the ball away a fair bit, Enrique was slightly less shit defending than attacking, but shit nonetheless, Suso had a couple of sublime moments, but overall exhibited quite a lot of poor decision making and was a bit greedy at times, Şahin was kinda meh.

Shelvey came on and fluffed chances, but at least he was in the right places, the support for Suarez was dire today

I didn't think we were poor, I think in the first half we had them on the ropes, but as Vlad said, it's pointless without end product and it's sort of ironic that we scored from being more direct.

I agree with your assessments of those players though SR, Allen gave the ball away alot, easy passes too most of the time. Enrique, aside from 'that' punt, constantly fucked up going forward.

I don't think we are shite at all, in fact I think we are quite good.
Some of our play, particularly in the first 20mins was scintillating.
Of course all that fancy play without scoring or taking our chances is a waste of time
However we are exactly at the point we knew we would be at when the transfer window closed, so whinging and stamping our feet merely states the bleedin' obvious.
As regards the optimism Hal, its not optimism its pointing out the reality, the reality is we are not doing well but none the less a couple of wins puts us in a good position, that's more to do with others stuttering than optimism.
There are plenty of positives if only people took the planks out of their eyes.
We are treading water , and keeping our fingers crossed on Suarez until Jan, it was always going to be so, so do me a favour unless people can come up with something new and/or constructive criticism shut the fuck up.....ta

regards

I think there are some positives as you say Vlad but some glaring negatives as well. For instance we played well at times as you state but, if we don't make a breakthrough, we seem to lose some heart and invention - heads drop. Shelvey played well when he came on but was profligate in front of the nets. Now I know winning breeds some confidence and a few wins could help with that. We're also unbeaten in 5 games which is another positive to take away. Biggest thing crying out for me though is our over reliance on Suarez. One bad injury to him could plunge our season rapidly into trouble and, when you see tackles like Coloccinni's yesterday it puts it a bit into perspective. We don't have enough attacking quality and we need to strengthen in January. We're carrying too much risk in Suarez at the moment as well as burning the lad out.

Also, as an aside, what the fuck does Assaidi need to do to get a game ? Yet again I cannot understand BRs reluctance to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom