• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Next Big Fight: De La Hoya v Pacquiao

And Pacman wins the fight. As I predicted in the beginning of this thread.

Sad to say, but De La Hoya is now officially washed up.

[quote author=bkwitche link=topic=29025.msg743985#msg743985 date=1228625336]
And Pacman wins the fight. As I predicted in the beginning of this thread.

Sad to say, but De La Hoya is now officially washed up.
[/quote]

Well called- very few sided with you on that including the top pundits and promoters.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=29025.msg744062#msg744062 date=1228645589]
Heh, Audley Harrison says "it's not over, 2009 I'm coming back".
[/quote]

I can just see the banners up and down the country in 2011;

"COMING SOON TO A RECREATION CENTRE NEAR YOU..."

I'd love to be in the Philipines right now, I don't know a nation more proud of their boxers, but its usually fly weights. I can't wait to talk to some people at work.

De La Hoya has been past it forever, following the trend through boxing right now where the majority of people that sell seats are on their way out or completely past it.

3 great performances last night.

Manny is now officially a legend in my eyes after his showing (cost me £160) and the fight between Froch and Pascal was the best I've seen in years. Both of those 2 in particular deserve a huge amount of praise, how did neither of them go down?

Just to top of a great night, Harrison got beat by a taxi driver.

Yep, some great boxing last night.

ITV got a cracker, but for some unknown reason decided not to promote it much, not that many people realised it was on.

Manny's performance was top drawer, sad to see De La Hoya reduced to that though.

Sets up a great fight between him & Hatton.

Well done Manny, great performance. But De La Hoya was fucking shit. Most people in the division would of wiped the floor with him last night.

This might make an interesting fight between Manny and Hatton. Hatton would have to try and tempt him into a scrap.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=29025.msg745282#msg745282 date=1228757944]
What about him?
[/quote]

What happened to him, fought some decent got beat then didn't fight again right?

Haha

Ive no idea what your on about either Coconuts.

Unfortunately, I think Manny will wipe the floor with Ricky

I dunno, if Ricky get's in there with his hustle and bustle then he has a chance. He has to be in his Kosta Tsyzu form though. Should be an absolute cracker. I'm undecided who'll win yet.

[quote author=Rafiagra link=topic=29025.msg745583#msg745583 date=1228771514]
Haha

Ive no idea what your on about either Coconuts.

Unfortunately, I think Manny will wipe the floor with Ricky
[/quote]

I'd be surprised if it's even that close.

I'm undecided about Paccquiao and Hatton yet. I need to do some more studying.

[quote author=bkwitche link=topic=29025.msg745845#msg745845 date=1228799827]
[/quote]

Manny will win.

There's talk of Mayweather coming back to fight Pacquiao.

Hatton would be unhappy if he missed out on a big money fight like that.

But he'll have no big moneymaker between now and then if it happens.

De La Hoya is finished.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=29025.msg745908#msg745908 date=1228813418]
[quote author=bkwitche link=topic=29025.msg745845#msg745845 date=1228799827]
[/quote]

Manny will win.
[/quote]

I'm inclined to agree, he looks a complete fighter, that said, if Mayweather Snr trains him for Pacman, it'll be close.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=29025.msg746050#msg746050 date=1228826439]

[/quote]

Now that would be a fantastic fight. Two proper WC boxing legends going up against each other, this would have the potential to be a classic.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=29025.msg746246#msg746246 date=1228836759]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=29025.msg746050#msg746050 date=1228826439]

[/quote]

Now that would be a fantastic fight. Two proper WC boxing legends going up against each other, this would have the potential to be a classic.
[/quote]

Yea, he'll have to put away Hatton first though.

Ah man, best night of boxing.

The Froch Prescott fight was brilliant! Froch is trying to call Calzaghe out, but looks unlikely at the moment. Froch was obviously the clear winner but I would have thought it would have been a lot closer than what some of the judges scored it, one of them had Froch by 8 rounds!

Good to see Khan win, his defense definitely looked better than he did in his last fight! But didn't really get to see much of his new training in practice.

And Pacman was awesome. They're apparently calling Floyd out, which would be an awesome fight! And probably quite likely if Manny beats Hatton, which I really hope he does.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=29025.msg747740#msg747740 date=1228922791]
Im liking watching boxing more and more.
[/quote]

Me too. I've only really gotten into it in the last two years or so.

Back
Top Bottom