• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Next Big Fight: De La Hoya v Pacquiao

LadyRed

Very Active
Hope De La Hoya loses, although it's highly unlikely. He'll win and go on to fight Hatton.

Anyone else interested?

I think Pacman might rearrange his face a bit to be honest. I'll plop for an upset in favor of him.

Im hoping for a Pacquiao win, as id love to see Hatton vs Pacquiao, as i think that would be a great fight. Cant see it happening though as i think De La Hoya is gnna be to big for Pacquaio. Pacquiao is a great fighter though so you never know!

[quote author=Anita link=topic=29025.msg733134#msg733134 date=1227565585]
Hope De La Hoya loses, although it's highly unlikely. He'll win and go on to fight Hatton.

Anyone else interested?
[/quote]

What about Amir Khan isn't he fighting soon ?

If anyone doesn't know the story of his opponents career it's worth reading

Its amazing how the new great boxing prodigy has disappeared from the media since getting put on his arse.

I really hope that Manny kicks the shite out of him, but i very much doubt it will happen.

Pacquiao has fought at 106lbs for all bar 1 of his fights (which was at 135) and is now expected to step up another weight to 147lbs in order to take on De La Hoya. De La Hoya is obviously not the fighter he once was, but he's going to have a huge physical advantage.

"If" MP can pull this off he'll put himself into the legendary bracket for me.

De La Hoya will win. That said, he's not beaten anyone truly world class for about 10 years.

Will be too big and clever for Manny though.

This fight is obviously all about the money, but i would of preferd to see Pacquiao fight Marquez for a 3rd time, then try clean up the 135 pound division.
He easily dispatched of David Diaz at that weight, but id like to see him fight the likes of Katsidis, Juan Diaz and Casamayor.

the MEN was saying apart from the winner of this fight, another possibility for Hatton was Marquez... i thought both of them were only around bantamweight/light featherweight?

I think Marquez has been following Pacquaio as hes been moving up the weight divisons. They fought twice, which ended in a draw and a win for Pacquaio. Marquez has felt hard done by the judges in both fights and as been chasing a 3rd fight, so has been moving up in weight as Pacquaio has.
Marquez recently beat Casamayor at 135 pound, so i think he could well move up to 140 to fight Hatton, that would be another fight id like to see, as i really rate Marquez.

As you said ,they started off fighting at a lower weight so for them both to move up to 135 pounds and win well is impressive.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=29025.msg733462#msg733462 date=1227617853]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=29025.msg733134#msg733134 date=1227565585]

Anyone else interested?
[/quote]

What about Amir Khan isn't he fighting soon ?

If anyone doesn't know the story of his opponents career it's worth reading

[/quote]

I think his 'comeback' fight is in December, again he's someone that I want to do well, but the reality is he can't take a punch so his future doesn't look too bright.

And Sky are having a barney if they think I'm watching Amir Khan on Pay Per View.

Oh and Del La Hoya won't get beat, no way.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=29025.msg734067#msg734067 date=1227698966]
having a barney? that means fight in liverpool.
[/quote]

Oh, we, round these parts, say it to mean 'having a bubble*'.

*But obviously don't want to say bubble.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=29025.msg734068#msg734068 date=1227699132]
Surely Amir Khan won't be on PPV?
[/quote]

Hopefully not, but the last one was, wasn't it.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=29025.msg734073#msg734073 date=1227699712]
And he got proven to be a Eurosport calibre boxer. Surely no one would pay for it?
[/quote]

After the last time, I seriously doubt it.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=29025.msg734070#msg734070 date=1227699613]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=29025.msg734067#msg734067 date=1227698966]
having a barney? that means fight in liverpool.
[/quote]

Oh, we, round these parts, say it to mean 'having a bubble*'.

*But obviously don't want to say bubble.
[/quote]

???

Wha?

so barney and bubble and having one all mean the same thing. what exactly is that again?
Barney in liverpool stems from Barney Rubble rhyming slang for trouble, which has evolved to mean fight.

Seriously, you guys haven't heard the phrases 'Having a bubble', 'Having a barney' or more commonly used 'Having one'?

Having a barney is having an argument or fight. Barney Rubble = trouble, sort of thing. I have no idea what you are talking about. 'You're having one'. What exactly, is 'one' having?

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=29025.msg734327#msg734327 date=1227723191]
What exactly, is 'one' having?
[/quote]

You sound like the Queen.

[quote author=refugee link=topic=29025.msg734405#msg734405 date=1227727700]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=29025.msg734327#msg734327 date=1227723191]
What exactly, is 'one' having?
[/quote]

You sound like the Queen.
[/quote]

Ha. I do don't I?

How does 'having a bubble' mean scrapping?

Where's the relevance? 'Having one' in Liverpool could mean anything, a shag, a pill, a wank, a ciggie, loadsa stuff, not fight though.

You southerners are weird.

Back
Top Bottom