• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2016/17 Season

Pats seem to have peaked a few games ago. Although if we get home field advantage...
I really hope it's against the Raiders in Cali.
It would shuffle things up a bit.
Can't see the Chiefs,Texans or the Ravens causing ye problems.
Steelers could be a sleeper if everyone is healthy and they get the crazy play calling sorted.

Broncos seem to be under the radar. Raiders no problem, Brady will use edelman and amendola quick 6-7 yard gains to counter the pass rush.

Plus our bend don't break defence will allow carr to marxh down field for the 3 pointers

If you lot do win the big one it's probably gonna be Seattle in the Nfc game and the Pats in the Superbowl.
I'll respect it but grimace in pain underneath it all.

I'd be amazed if it's us mate ... The offense is legit, and scary, but the defense is a 'bend don't break defense' which is gonna make it impossible imo (we need to sign/draft 2-3 playmakers on defense ... so 1-2 years but we have the franchise QB & RB & WR & OL now ... just keep Jerry away from drafting).

Broncos seem to be under the radar. Raiders no problem, Brady will use edelman and amendola quick 6-7 yard gains to counter the pass rush.

I guess they did win a SB with no QB last year ...
Don't underestimate the Pats ... they have some kid called Brady leading the show! ;)

I'd be amazed if it's us mate ... The offense is legit, and scary, but the defense is a 'bend don't break defense' which is gonna make it impossible imo (we need to sign/draft 2-3 playmakers on defense ... so 1-2 years but we have the franchise QB & RB & WR & OL now ... just keep Jerry away from drafting).
Well yeah it's usually the defence that wins championships but I'd be more worried about the expectations on the 'kids' in the playoffs.
It's well and good that Dak is playing like a seasoned pro so far but January football is a different beast.

Well yeah it's usually the defence that wins championships but I'd be more worried about the expectations on the 'kids' in the playoffs.
It's well and good that Dak is playing like a seasoned pro so far but January football is a different beast.

Yah but this kid just seems to have 'it' ... and the team believes in him ... It just seems like it's a great environment there ... It's fun times for me as a sports fan (bar Mavericks crashing), so I'll enjoy it as long as possible!

I sadly get the feeling its the Cowboys year.
Im seldom wrong on these things.
I had hoped you were Detroit circa 2009/10/11 with a handful of cracking players but no team.
Seems to have way more substance than that.

Ps-I fucking TOLD YOU Romo was a massive fucking Jonah the big game bottling twat.

I sadly get the feeling its the Cowboys year.
Im seldom wrong on these things.
I had hoped you were Detroit circa 2009/10/11 with a handful of cracking players but no team.
Seems to have way more substance than that.

Ps-I fucking TOLD YOU Romo was a massive fucking Jonah the big game bottling twat.

I know what you're doing mate ... trying to get me ALL excited and then give me (silver &) blue balls.

Won't work ... No Dumbledore's army in the NFL for me! :)

That's sum start for Zeke.
He just loves contact.

It's not healthy ... at least he went out of bounds on one run, but it's just really really bad for his longevity ...

This could be a 3x-3x game ... Both teams move the ball and are bloody explosive.

It's not healthy ... at least he went out of bounds on one run, but it's just really really bad for his longevity ...

This could be a 3x-3x game ... Both teams move the ball and are bloody explosive.
Yeah two bulldozing rookie running backs and in form qbs and receivers.
Has the hallmark of a classic.

well ... what do i know, end of 3rd quarter, 17-6 Cowboys.
Redskins have done everything right offensively bar score TDs - 4th time in the red zone to start the 4th quarter.

Cowboys have not done much running the ball ....

Refs have let a lot go this game.

... and as I said ... jackson should have got 15 yards there or smacking brown but nothing ...
17-12 Boys, Reed TD

Wow - great response from the 'Boys .... big run from Zeke, big reception from Zeke, 1st down catches by Cole & Dez and a 10 yard Dak TD run ... so fucking explosive.

Onside attempt by Washington .... Cowboys were ready ... and another Zeke Rushing TD after a fucking brilliant throw from Dak on a 3rd & 9 to Dez .. 31-19

Not exactly sure how we pulled this one off - Washington's passing attack manhandled us.

Dez & Norman have always been respectful to each other off and on the pitch, but they are really pissed at each - even going at it after the game was over.

10 straight wins? Incredible. Fucking incredible.

Not exactly sure how we pulled this one off - Washington's passing attack manhandled us.

Dez & Norman have always been respectful to each other off and on the pitch, but they are really pissed at each - even going at it after the game was over.

10 straight wins? Incredible. Fucking incredible.

We're boss! Gonna win it this season!

That was an odd game ...
  • really bad TOs (Whitehead), check
  • really bad penalties negating big plays (Escobar x2, etc etc), check.
And yet, we managed to win a game we really didn't deserve to win.

How? only big reception of the game (Dez vs safety coverage), key TO on them (fumble on punt return) & the refs not calling a penalty on a hit to the facemask on the 2 point converstion.

I guess it's better to be lucky than good ...

If the Vikings can sort out the O line for next year to protect Bridgewater (forget about Bradford he's a bum) they can be a Superbowl team.
That defence is sensational.
Kendricks and Barr are beasts.

If the Vikings can sort out the O line for next year to protect Bridgewater (forget about Bradford he's a bum) they can be a Superbowl team.
Hendricks and Barr are beasts.

Yup - good safeties, talented CBs (Rhodes seems to be the next big CB stud) and a really solid LB core. Their DL isn't to be great, but they made Zeke look pedestrian bar one great run & one called back run.

Their Oline has been ravaged by injuries - it should be ok next year. If Peterson can stay HEALTHY, and they get ONE more WR to go opposite Diggs, they'll definitely be one of the top teams in the NFC.

Kendricks and Barr are beasts.

Do you rate Bridgewater that highly? To me he has to go up a couple of levels.

Do you rate Bridgewater that highly? To me he has to go up a couple of levels.
He was improving with every game before his injury.
He's young so the ceiling is high.
Reminds me of a downgraded Russell Wilson who's brilliant so no shame there.
He's definitely better than Bradford who's completely leveled off.

He was improving with every game before his injury.
He's young so the ceiling is high.
Reminds me of a downgraded Russell Wilson who's brilliant so no shame there.
He's definitely better than Bradford who's completely leveled off.

I'll agree with you there, Bradford is definitely in the bottom 5 or 6 QBs in the league.

Back
Top Bottom