• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Thread 2012

The Jacksonville Jaguars will host the San Francisco 49ers at London's historic Wembley Stadium on Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, the NFL announced Thursday.
The game, which will kick off at 5:00 p.m. UK time (1:00 p.m. ET), will mark the first in London for the Jaguars, who earlier this year committed to play one regular-season home game in the United Kingdom in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, all at Wembley.

"By committing to play a regular-season home game in London in each of the next four years, the Jaguars will play a major role in helping grow our sport in the UK and beyond," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "We think Jaguars-49ers is a matchup our fans will really enjoy and a great way to start a new era in the international development of our game."
Jaguars Owner Shad Khan confirmed the Jaguars' 2013 International Series opponent while speaking at the Leaders in Sport conference at Chelsea FC.
"Everyone associated with the Jacksonville Jaguars is very much looking forward to our four home games in London through 2016, and we're particularly thrilled and honored that our first opponent will be the San Francisco 49ers," Khan said. "This is a unique and important opportunity for the Jaguars franchise, as well as for our fans and community. To share this stage in our first year at Wembley with a rising power like the 49ers will bring additional attention and respect to what we're trying to achieve as a franchise. We can't wait to see our global vision for the Jaguars become reality next season."
San Francisco will make its second appearance in the International Series. The 49ers hosted the Denver Broncos at Wembley Stadium in 2010, earning a 24-16 victory before a crowd of 83,941

Is it still just one game a season to be played in london or did they increase it to 2 ? Will it keep it's popularity each yr now it's always going to be the jaguars v's someone ? Will the jags pick up british based fans ?

They haven't concretely scheduled more than one game, but Wembley won the rights to host all international games. So if they are planning multiple ones, they'll all be in London. I've been to all of them so far, but frankly, if it's the Jags every fucking time then who the opposition are is going to dictate whether I go or not.

Aren't there whispers of actually establishing a team that, if not quite based in London, will play all of their home games in London in the next few years..?

TalkSh!te's US commentator mentioned that just yesterday. He had some interesting things to say about the fact that it's the Jacksonville Jaguars who are slated to play here in the future, when apparently that franchise is failing to pull the crowds in.

Jags get blacked out in local markets all the time. I think they've even been covering seats. But I think the NFL would prefer to send them to LA, if they can sort out the Coliseum/new stadium debacle.

Oh dear. Was convinced that was going through and then it drifted. He'll have nightmares about that. Fuck were they doing letting all that time drop off the clock though?

Boys blow it again ... Dropped two point conversion, pathetic time management again & a kicker missing a last second FG wide left.

Another season about to go down the drain ... fucking pathetic.

Hell of end there and in Philly. Marty Stafford is having him a fourth quarter. Detroit were shit for so long that it was difficult to hate them, even as a Bears fan. Now they're good again I still can't properly hate them because I like their players. Marty Stafford is a warrior. Megatron is a fucking coked up bear. And Suh is hilarious.

So I went to the Cardinals Bills game today.

Impressive stadium despite the fact its stuck in the middle of dodge.
GREAT atmosphere. As good and loud a crowd as I've seen at any US sport ever.
That Larry Fitzgerald isn't bad.
And a belting game. The fuckstick lamps a field goal from new fucking Mexico to tie it up and then proceeds to hit the post from half the distance to win it.

Still, no complaints - really enjoyed that.

The mental geno Smith hype train has derailed and been replaced by the even mentaler Optimus Klein hype train. Fuck these throwy fucks. Manti Te'o and Jadeveon Clowney should be the Heisman leaders. Johnny Manziel's inclusion in the discussion is madness. Damontre Moore deserves a look before Johnny Football.

I went to the Oregon-ASU game last week (De'Anthony Thomas' cousin got us tickets (long story, he works for one of our companies (the cousin, not De'Anthony))), anyway by fuck that kid can play.

MC or others - he likely to get drafted high?

He should go first round, but he's a tiny person so the pro scouts will have concerns. He probably isn't of a size where he can play as a full timer, but be a scheme player (like how the Saints used Bush). He was the number recruit from high schools last year and torched the PAC12 as a true freshman, so everyone knows who he is and what he does. Had a ridiculous Rose Bowl. Didn't think he was all that on Saturday though. The game was over so fast, and he didn't really have a decent carry, then the first string were yanked at HT. Kenjon Barner totally ripped shit up though. He's a bit undersized too though, so not sure where he'll draft next year. Oregon love them some small speed backs, who can dominate in college. Harder to translate that to the NFL though.

Still, Thomas is clearly wicked. He's only a sophomore right now, so he'll be at Oregon for at least one more season after this (without Barner to split carries with), so it'll be the 2014 draft at the earliest. And that might be a good draft to go for as it's not looking like there will be too many elite QB prospects in that class. Tyler Bray. Maybe Driskell at Florida if he keeps improving. Teddy Bridgewater perhaps. Only Bray looks like he might be a big time player though. So there's a skills vacuum at the top, meaning wideouts and running backs will be valued - Sammy Watkins and Marquis Lee should go high. That draft should be dominated by defensive players though. Jadeveon Clowney will come out that year. He could go pro tomorrow. Total stud. It's already unfair that college teams have to play him. He cuts inside better than any collegiate DE, and offensive lines cannot deal. Plus, he's a monster - six six, two-sixty pounds, tosses mans around like hand grenades are going off Commando style. Unless whoever's at number one is mad, he'll be off the board first. Even Oakland couldn't look past him.

In that sort of draft, Thomas could definitely go first round if someone sees a use for him. He's not going to get the pros excited in the way Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson did though.

201210222105759303800-p2.jpeg

I lulzed.

Sean Lee is out for the year. One of the best LBs in football, and the heart and soul of our defense. Cowboys can't overcome his loss on the defensive side - I wouldn't be surprised if we finish 6-10 now.

He should go first round, but he's a tiny person so the pro scouts will have concerns. He probably isn't of a size where he can play as a full timer, but be a scheme player (like how the Saints used Bush). He was the number recruit from high schools last year and torched the PAC12 as a true freshman, so everyone knows who he is and what he does. Had a ridiculous Rose Bowl. Didn't think he was all that on Saturday though. The game was over so fast, and he didn't really have a decent carry, then the first string were yanked at HT. Kenjon Barner totally ripped shit up though. He's a bit undersized too though, so not sure where he'll draft next year. Oregon love them some small speed backs, who can dominate in college. Harder to translate that to the NFL though.

Still, Thomas is clearly wicked. He's only a sophomore right now, so he'll be at Oregon for at least one more season after this (without Barner to split carries with), so it'll be the 2014 draft at the earliest. And that might be a good draft to go for as it's not looking like there will be too many elite QB prospects in that class. Tyler Bray. Maybe Driskell at Florida if he keeps improving. Teddy Bridgewater perhaps. Only Bray looks like he might be a big time player though. So there's a skills vacuum at the top, meaning wideouts and running backs will be valued - Sammy Watkins and Marquis Lee should go high. That draft should be dominated by defensive players though. Jadeveon Clowney will come out that year. He could go pro tomorrow. Total stud. It's already unfair that college teams have to play him. He cuts inside better than any collegiate DE, and offensive lines cannot deal. Plus, he's a monster - six six, two-sixty pounds, tosses mans around like hand grenades are going off Commando style. Unless whoever's at number one is mad, he'll be off the board first. Even Oakland couldn't look past him.

In that sort of draft, Thomas could definitely go first round if someone sees a use for him. He's not going to get the pros excited in the way Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson did though.

Cheers, that's very interesting.

I should have added that yeah he didn't play that well against ASU, but I'd been subjected to all manner of youtube/ESPN vids earlier that day by his cousin who'd explained the whole Snoop Dogg/Black Mamba thing, and I guess I got caught up in the hype.

Marcus Lattimore's knee just got destroyed, so sadly he won't be going pro next season. Shit was disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom