• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Thread 2012

I cannot believe how many injuries we've had to our LB core ... Lee, Carter, Simms, Albright ... It's amazing this defense can hold any teams, let alone create turnovers or get 3rd down stops.

Garrett set to keep his job according to reports.

I don't think he deserves it tbh ... his play calling most games boggles my mind - he's barely run murray today, and he's had opportunities. Granted, defense has had tons of injuries (Ware out today since early in the 3rd quarter), but the offense has been very poorly managed.

Jones won't fire him ... He still has trauma from firing Gailey.

What a game ... 31-17 Saints with 4 minutes to go, Cowboys tie it on a TD pass with 15 seconds to go to Miles Austin ... Dez has 200+ yards receiving.

Cowboys win toss.

I don't think he deserves it tbh ... his play calling most games boggles my mind - he's barely run murray today, and he's had opportunities. Granted, defense has had tons of injuries (Ware out today since early in the 3rd quarter), but the offense has been very poorly managed.

Jones won't fire him ... He still has trauma from firing Gailey.

I Gather Jerry has been very impressed with how Garrett has handled himself and the team over the past few weeks after Jerry Brown's death.

I Gather Jerry has been very impressed with how Garrett has handled himself and the team over the past few weeks after Jerry Brown's death.

I agree ... but Garrett has proven this year, yet again, that he struggles to attack weaknesses in other team's defenses, struggles to manage the last 2 minutes of games (yesterday was fantastic though) & seems to be a very average (compliment) play callers. If Jerry wants to waste another year in the prime of Witten, Ware etc - his call, his franchise.

So I'm gonna be in NYC in Jan, and was wondering if one of you dudes could help me with figuring out the playoffs.

I'll be in town on Sunday 6th Jan, what are the chances of the Giants and/or Jets having a game at home that Sunday? I realise it's all TBD but gimme the lowdown folks...

Bad luck Ryan :(

Saturday 5th Jan

Cincinnati @ Houston
Minnesota @ Green Bay

Sunday 6th Jan

Indianapolis @ Baltimore
Seattle @ Washington

Presumably we're going to give Lovie the brush off. Let's go mental and give Chip Kelly the job.

I would relay be impressed if Jones fired Garrett and Ryan. Garrett is a coward (not going for that FG), and while I admire how he handled the issues a few weeks ago, he doesn't seem to know how to coach to win. He coaches 'not to loose.' That doesn't work in most sports, unless we get gifted wins (See Cincy, see Steelers etc). You're getting the living shit blitzed out of you - adjust, add an extra blocker and try and create match ups. It's not rocket science.

As for Ryan - I know we were missing the 4 premier internal defenders we have, but it was kinda obvious the Redskins wanted to pound away at us from the get go. Why couldn't he just add an extra defender in the box and dare RGIII to beat Claiborne and Carr? We paid quite a fee for both, and we don't even trust them in man on man courage. Piss poor, piss fucking poor.

Romo was poor yesterday. I felt bad for him. He had a great December, but it means nothing. He choked again. I hope we can find a Russell Wilson like gem in the Draft and start grooming the next QB as I can't see Romo winning a playoff game, let alone the big one (please please let me eat my words here)

Reid, Lovie, Crennel, Shurmur, Gailey all gone. Ryan, Turner, Rivera on the block. Night of the Long Knives in the league.

You know Jerry isn't going to make a decision using reason or logic. Cowboys and Raiders. Common sense goes out the window.

You know Jerry isn't going to make a decision using reason or logic. Cowboys and Raiders. Common sense goes out the window.

Eventually, he has to hit a HR ... I mean, he's drafted well recently (Sean Lee, Dez, Bruce Carter, Claiborne, DeMarco etc) - now maybe he'll hire well.

He hasn't drafted that well. Sure a few 1st and 2nd rounders but after that most of the players selected over the past 4 drafts have been cut. These are the guys who should be providing the depth on the roster.

He hasn't drafted that well. Sure a few 1st and 2nd rounders but after that most of the players selected over the past 4 drafts have been cut. These are the guys who should be providing the depth on the roster.

Harris, Beasely - WRs
Murray, Tanner, Jones, Dunbar - RBs
OLs - poor
TE - Hanna & Phillips
DE - Crawford
DT - Brent
LB - Lee, Carter, Spencer, Ware
CB - Claiborne, Jenkins, Scandrick

That's not bad at all ... He's not a great drafter, we know this. But he's not as bad as we make out.

He's no Jimmy - although Jimmy was average at best for the Dolphins.

Are you kidding me?

For 1st round picks Jenkins and Jones have been awful.

Scandrick gets paid a fortune to be a 3rd down corner.

Brent, Harris, Hanna and Crawford have proved nothing yet.

Tanner, Beasely and Dunbar weren't even drafted.

The past 4 drafts (not including 2012) consisted of 32 players. Only 13 are still currently on the roster. That is pathetic.

Are you kidding me?

For 1st round picks Jenkins and Jones have been awful.

Scandrick gets paid a fortune to be a 3rd down corner.

Brent, Harris, Hanna and Crawford have proved nothing yet.

Tanner, Beasely and Dunbar weren't even drafted.

The past 4 drafts (not including 2012) consisted of 32 players. Only 13 are still currently on the roster. That is pathetic.

Jenkins hasn't been 'awful' - he was on the cusp of being a very good to excellent corner before injuries derailed him (he's never recovered imo). Jones was a terrible pick.

Scandrick was a poor contract, but he's a solid nickel/dime package corner. not worth the money.

Hanna was a rookie (and started to come along and get more involved in the passing game), as was Crawford - both showed some good promise this year. Brent was really coming along until his moment of idiocy (his career is probably over?). Harris has been developing really nicely as a 3rd WR. We all would love Cruz like development - not going to happen, but hey may still be a Laurent Robinson like contributor next year.

The % is average (what are the comparison to other teams? Easier to compare then), but when you have absolute studs in Lee, Bryant, Carter, Claiborne, Smith, DeMarco etc - you've built a very very solid core. Granted, he's not got himself a Morris etc or 'excellent' back ups (Lissemore looks dependable, as do others), but the drafting hasn't been that poor (The #s are skewed by that one terrible draft - where we got Victor Butler and that kicker). I'd complain more about his FA acquisitions.

Black Monday:

TeamFormer Coach
cle.gif
Pat Shurmur -- Story

phi.gif
Andy Reid -- Story

chi.gif
Lovie Smith -- Story

kan.gif
Romeo Crennel -- Story

buf.gif
Chan Gailey -- Story

sdg.gif
Norv Turner -- Story

ari.gif
Ken Whisenhunt -- Story

Thanks for the memories, Andy Reid. Really tough way to end 14 years, and I feel for him and his family after the tragic death of his son. But 14 years is an eternity in the NFL. Time for some new ideas, a new QB, and maybe some new nuts on half the players.

On a cheerier note, I won my fantasy league for the first time! The handy autodraft hooked me up with Aaron Rodgers (1st pick) and grabbed Alfred Morris in like the 8th round.

Back
Top Bottom