• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Thread 2013-2014

Didn't Carolina get a fortunate penalty on 3rd down which was a fair sack on Newton.
Newton bottled that opportunity by throwing a pick.
I thought Carolina were poor but the 2nd half performance from the Niners defence was terrific.
Carolina deserved nothing from the game.
I'm happy because it's going to be an epic next week.
Seattle would have slaughtered those Panthers next week.

That was a botched call too - but that was already with the Niners up 23-10 I think ... the game was over ... Big difference going into the lockerroom up 10-9 (if they hit FG after 15 yd penalty) or down 13-10 ... It was a momentum shifter imo that the Niners rode to victory

I'm guessing Seahawks and Broncos are favourites today ?

I'm backing The Broncos and Niners to win

Would never write off the Pats.
Brady will be fired up beyond belief and Bill and his staff will have a plan to stifle that Bronco offence.
Its going to be closer than people think.
Niners Seahawks is going to be a defensive war but yeah I fancy the Niners if they use Gore and Kaepernick to move the chains with the running game.

Both games should be decided by a TD at most - should be great viewing for the neutral.

I think we'll see a Seahawks-Pats super bowl

Yeah, looks that way. Never know with Brady though but the Broncos have got this well under controll.

Yeah fair dues they have improved ten fold in the playoffs.
The protection of Manning was sensational too.

Some big time hits here.
That call on Whitner was a disgrace though.
Love football like this.

Why take that throw? You're on the 25 with first and 10, have 2 timeouts, time in hand, and you throw a ball like that to double coverage? No need.

And Richard Sherman makes an almighty cock of himself in the post-game interview.

You won dude, stfu.

Why take that throw? You're on the 25 with first and 10, have 2 timeouts, time in hand, and you throw a ball like that to double coverage? No need.
Yep fucking ridiculous.
Great drive before that but Kaepernick is too much a gunslinger in the pocket.

God that interview with Sherman shows why he's such a fucking wank stain.
Hope Peyton rips apart those cunts.

That was an excellent throw by Kaepernick, he put it in a spot where seemingly only his guy could get it. Sherman made one of the defensive plays of the year in tipping the ball.

Yep fucking ridiculous. Great drive before that but Kaepernick is too much a gunslinger in the pocket.

I think they had to take a shot to the endzone at that point, that was my call as well. You don't want to get in short goal to go situation against that Seahawks front seven with little time on the clock, and they had the defense on the ropes.

God that interview with Sherman shows why he's such a fucking wank stain.
Hope Peyton rips apart those cunts.

And Richard Sherman makes an almighty cock of himself in the post-game interview.

You won dude, stfu.

[article]Fox's Erin Andrews got him on the field right after the game ended for an interview and asked him about the play.

"I'm the best corner in the game!" Sherman yelled. "When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's what you're going to get. Don't you ever talk about me!"

Andrews, seemingly shocked and a little put off, asked who was talking about him.

"Crabtree," Sherman said. "Don't you open your mouth about the best. Or I'm going to shut it for you real quick!"[/article]

I love seeing an athlete actually speak his mind in the postgame interviews instead of just sticking to the cliches, which is something Sherman's known for, that's why they always do postgame interviews with him after all. No matter what he says though, he can back it up with his play, as he is far and away the best corner in the league at the moment, which is all the justification I need.

Nah not having that.
Yes he's brilliant but if a top player acted like that in any other sport it would be embarrassing.
Can't see why it's any different in the Nfl.

Regarding the Kaepernick throw.
Why throw a ball into double coverage against the best corner in football?
It was obviously the wrong call because it didn't work.

Nah not having that.
Yes he's brilliant but if a top player acted like that in any other sport it would be embarrassing.
Can't see why it's any different in the Nfl.

Don't worry, there'll be a storm of controversy because there's two weeks until the Superbowl and Manning's a fantastic QB who always says the right thing. There'll be tons of articles noting the juxtaposition between the two, and because ESPN and the like will do everything in their power to get clicks.

Among the major sports though, the NFL is the one where there's the highest turnover of players, young players are valued because they're cheap, and they replace average players as they age. Most unpredictable sport between violent injuries and the significance of system. The same player coming out of the draft could be a hall of famer on one roster, and a short term stop gap on the next all based on if the player fits the scheme and system, as well as the quality of coaching. Players like Asomugha and Brandon Lloyd who were top players a few years back are nowhere to be found anymore. The CBA isn't favorable towards fringe players either, which is tough given the large rosters.

No other sport has that kind of turnover, so I give NFL players much more leniency. If you're the best around, you can sure brag about it, as odds are you'll be gone in a few years.

Regarding the Kaepernick throw.
Why throw a ball into double coverage against the best corner in football?
It was obviously the wrong call because it didn't work.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap2000000315426/Sherman-shuts-it-down

Not double coverage, Smith was trailing the play because that's where the ball went. Slightly underthrown, but all credit to Sherman for making a play on the ball.

That wasn't the "wrong call", if Kaepernick puts another foot on that ball it's a catchable ball in the corner of the endzone.

Don't worry, there'll be a storm of controversy because there's two weeks until the Superbowl and Manning's a fantastic QB who always says the right thing. There'll be tons of articles noting the juxtaposition between the two, and because ESPN and the like will do everything in their power to get clicks.

Among the major sports though, the NFL is the one where there's the highest turnover of players, young players are valued because they're cheap, and they replace average players as they age. Most unpredictable sport between violent injuries and the significance of system. The same player coming out of the draft could be a hall of famer on one roster, and a short term stop gap on the next all based on if the player fits the scheme and system, as well as the quality of coaching. Players like Asomugha and Brandon Lloyd who were top players a few years back are nowhere to be found anymore. The CBA isn't favorable towards fringe players either, which is tough given the large rosters.

No other sport has that kind of turnover, so I give NFL players much more leniency. If you're the best around, you can sure brag about it, as odds are you'll be gone in a few years.
It wasn't the bragging I had the problem with.
His whole demeanor screams cunt.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap2000000315426/Sherman-shuts-it-down

Not double coverage, Smith was trailing the play because that's where the ball went. Slightly underthrown, but all credit to Sherman for making a play on the ball.

That wasn't the "wrong call", if Kaepernick puts another foot on that ball it's a catchable ball in the corner of the endzone.
So it wasn't an excellent throw as you first said.
Either way it was brilliant from Sherman but I still don't get why they didn't go for at least one screen play and use a time out but I'm not a coordinator spose.
The officiating was hideous too.
The roughing the passer call on that punt was a real game changer.

So it wasn't an excellent throw as you first said.
Either way it was brilliant from Sherman but I still don't get why they didn't go for at least one screen play and use a time out but I'm not a coordinator spose.
The officiating was hideous too.
The roughing the passer call on that punt was a real game changer.

Yeah, on second look it was a bit short. Still the right read I would say.

I'm a big proponent of screen passes, but I don't think the 49ers have the best personnel to run screens.

Officiating missed a couple of calls absolutely, but other than the Bowman fumble recovery and the punter bit, I thought they did a good job. The call on the recovery needs to be made quickly if they want to avoid the ball changing hands at the bottom of the pile which is the issue, but we saw the same rule come up with the Steelers/illegal bat play during the regular season. I see why the rule exists, but they can probably add some circumstances where possession can be reviewed.

Happy with the non-call on the punter, even if it was the wrong call letter of the law. Running into the punter/kicker shouldn't exist IMO, and Roughing should be the penalty if there's obvious malicious intent/excessive contact. Incidental contact shouldn't be a foul I say, as was the case.

1531680_604176633003377_805017918_n.jpg

It was a good time to take a shot into the endzone. Your favorite WR, 1 on 1 with no help. Bar a brilliant defensive play from the best corner in football, he most likely catches it.

As for his comments - Part and parcel of the NFL (& NBA). Non-stop trash-talking and jawing (I didn't see any complaints when Boldin did this non-stop against Carolina, or Kaepernick taunted Cam Newton). It may not come off nice, but it's part of the proper rivalries (look at Cowboys-Giants jawing, and they're both shit, and then Jason Hatcher's post game speech, "I ate me a Giant").

I love it though understand why it turns you guys off.

Is being the best cornerback in the league a bit like being the best full back or centre back in football ? You're rightly praised but you're no messi , ronaldo or suarez.

Is being the best cornerback in the league a bit like being the best full back or centre back in football ? You're rightly praised but you're no messi , ronaldo or suarez.

It's not a glamor position like the offensive positions ... but you remember Primetime and what being the best CB meant to him...

Deon actuall mentioned something on NFL.com - he says Seattle's secondary may be one of the best ever. They have a right to be cocky ... Will be interesting to see how Sherman a) handles Super Bowl week (I bet he's far far clamer, the kid is smart) and b) if he shuts down Thomas.

It's not a glamor position like the offensive positions ... but you remember Primetime and what being the best CB meant to him...

Deon actuall mentioned something on NFL.com - he says Seattle's secondary may be one of the best ever. They have a right to be cocky ... Will be interesting to see how Sherman a) handles Super Bowl week (I bet he's far far clamer, the kid is smart) and b) if he shuts down Thomas.

Statistically they are I think.

There was some crazy stat that the QB rating of Seattle's opposing quarter backs was worse than the worst QB rating by any starter over the season

Back
Top Bottom