• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

NFL Thread 2013-2014

Manziel is an intriguing prospect ... My gut says he can be something special in the NFL ... you don't have to be a 'great' QB to win in the NFL ...

He has looked better in the pocket this year, but against collegiate defences it's hard to tell. Especially as he has a six-five receiver. No 1A secondary matches up to that. I imagine the scouts are waiting to see how his display days go, and whether he throws at the combine. I don't see him staying with the Aggies any longer than he has to, what with all the fuss.

Some of his decision making is still suspect though. He throws balls he has no need to, balls that will be gobbled up in the pros. There's obviously a massive level of natural ability there, and his way of keeping plays going is near miraculous, but I wonder how mature a QB he'll make. Off the pitch he isn't exactly covering himself in glory, so scouts might not be willing to give him the benefit of any doubts.

Steelers need an O-line more than they need Clowney. Pouncey should be back next season but Adams and Gilbert are getting slaughtered. Reckon they'll be looking at Jake Matthews or Cyrus Kouandjio in the first round.

Peyton is insane at the moment. Broncos vs Cowboys is a very good match so far.

Peyton is insane at the moment. Broncos vs Cowboys is a very good match so far.

Fucking Cowboys ... Romo plays a fucking incredible game, and with the ball in his hands and a chance to drive the Cowboys to beat the Broncos, throws a pick. He's an extremely talented QB - he just cannot - and I don't think ever will - deal with pressure well. That one misheld snap fucked him.

Jesus. The Giants are total log.

Red River today. Texas need to find something, because they're looking at being put away for the fourth time in a row by the Sooners. They put seven touchdowns and almost seven bills total yardage on the Longhorns last season.

I laughed.

texas-fan-f-bomb.gif

Just got halfway through posting about how impressive UT have been, and McCoy shits the blankets. Still three scores up though unless the Sooners can hit two two-point conversions on TDs.

Missouri Georgia shaping up very nicely.

UT will probably win against OU, but their schedule down the stretch is tough. Hope they do well enough to retain Mack though.

He is the guy who tried to recruit Manziel to play Safety after all.

Great win for Mizzou. Feel sorry for Georgia though, so many bad injuries this year.

Longhorns have Cowboys, Red Raiders, Baylor, final three, no? Dunno how their defence is going to cope with that. O-line offered McCoy decent protection today though, and the defence was the best it has been in a while. Probably take a trip to the zoo again next week, mind.

Great win for Mizzou. Feel sorry for Georgia though, so many bad injuries this year.

Longhorns have Cowboys, Red Raiders, Baylor, final three, no? Dunno how their defence is going to cope with that. O-line offered McCoy decent protection today though, and the defence was the best it has been in a while. Probably take a trip to the zoo again next week, mind.

Yeah, tough luck for Georgia this year between scheduling and injuries. UT probably faces their best run of opponents in the last third of the season, and I'm not entirely convinced they're even a bowl team. They have to earn a berth this year, they aren't entitled to it as they usually are.

We play Ole Miss later tonight, could be a trap game. Bo Wallace has wonderful hair.

Big Game Boob strikes again for OU, how can you let a crap Texas team look that good against you. Cue all the idiot Texas fans talking about how Texas is "back" all week.

The A&M game is in Mississippi tonight I could have swore we played there last year, but I may be wrong. Hopefully the defense shaped up over they of week.

Big Game Boob strikes again for OU, how can you let a crap Texas team look that good against you. Cue all the idiot Texas fans talking about how Texas is "back" all week.

The A&M game is in Mississippi tonight I could have swore we played there last year, but I may be wrong. Hopefully the defense shaped up over they of week.

I remember when David Ash was being hyped a few months back as a Heisman hopeful by the locals...

And yeah, we did play at the Grove last year, not sure how/why we're back though. They definitely have a talented team, it's just a matter of if their offense can keep up with ours in all likelihood. Should be a shootout, as usual.

Would love to see Oregon go down tonight, but I doubt that'll happen.

The SEC schedule this year is a weird bridge between the old and new formats. Like, A&M have been paired with SC as annual inter-divisional rivals, but the series doesn't start until 2014. There are some other venue repeats from last year too. Ole Miss went to Tuscaloosa for a send time, and Auburn are hosting Georgia again.

The schedule is still a bit shit to be honest. They need to arrange a ninth game. Some teams only play each other once every 12 years, meaning some kids will never face some teams from the other division in their whole career, unless they rack up some Case Keenum style red shirtery.

Mark Snyder has got to go, made Arkansas' offense look like Oregon a few weeks ago, and tonight the Ole Miss offense looked unstoppable in the 2nd half. New defensive coordinator next year please.

Mark Snyder has got to go, made Arkansas' offense look like Oregon a few weeks ago, and tonight the Ole Miss offense looked unstoppable in the 2nd half. New defensive coordinator next year please.

I think, at least for the time being, it says more about a lack of experience than playcalling. We lost a good chunk of our front 7 from last year in Nealy, Porter, Stewart, etc and it's hard to get that sort of experience back. Snyder did a fantastic job last season, but I do agree that this defensive group needs to turn a corner quickly or things could get ugly.

Stanford could still beat Oregon, which would give them the advantage in the PAC-12 north. Their problem is at least one team from the Big 10 and the ACC will probably run the board. A one loss SEC champion could still rank higher than those teams, but Stanford couldn't if it was FSU/Clemson and the Buckeyes.

Georgia's drop in form and injuries is going to be a problem for Clemson now too.

Wow, some finish to the Pats Saints game.

How on earth did the Saints throw that away? Especially given no one Brady throws the thing to can catch the fucking ball anyway.

Wow, some finish to the Pats Saints game.

How on earth did the Saints throw that away? Especially given no one Brady throws the thing to can catch the fucking ball anyway.

Really good to see Thompkins catch that. He has some real talent, just a matter of making the big catches when they count, which he's had issues with so far this year.

I went to middle school with Kenny Stills coincidentally(didn't really know him, mind), who made a fantastic catch for the Saints on the other end to put them ahead. Seems like another one of a bunch of very talented young receivers who are starting to make an impact.

Really good to see Thompkins catch that. He has some real talent, just a matter of making the big catches when they count, which he's had issues with so far this year.

Yep, a great grab but the throw from Brady was ridiculous.

Finally a good football weekend for me. Steelers, Longhorns win.

How are WVU doing? When I was in WV they beat Virginia Tech and the students went on the rampage, wrecking downtown Morgantown.

How are WVU doing? When I was in WV they beat Virginia Tech and the students went on the rampage, wrecking downtown Morgantown.

They had a decent win against the Cowboys a couple of weeks ago, but that was sandwiched by maulings at the hand of Maryland and Baylor. The Baylor loss was dreadful, got over 800 yards put on them losing 73-42, and have of WVU's points were 4th quarter against Baylor's second string. Baylor wre putting up ridiculous numbers until this weekend, although it was a soft start to their schedule.

Dude was playing for a community college a few years ago and went undrafted. Probably still can't believe where he is.

Back
Top Bottom