• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

NFL Thread 2013-2014

that tim tebow lad , will he ever get a game in the NFL again ?

strange to think that a player could be done at 26/27 , even if he's not the best . what are the options outside the NFL ? just the canadian and indoor league or ?

Tebow's a funny one. I mean, there are strong reasons why Tampa and Jacksonville should be getting him on the phone. Neither of them have a win, they've got less than 150 points BETWEEN them this year, and are both Florida teams with struggling live support that would probably see a boost from Tebow (certainly in Jacksonville, which is a stone's throw from Gainesville). Tebow would probably be prepared to sign a non-guaranteed contract to get snaps too. His record at Denver is better than a lot of quarterbacks in the league. I'd rather have Tebow starting than Blaine fucking Gabbert or Chad Henne, that's for sure.

On the other hand, teams have really warmed up to the idea of trusting rookie quarterbacks, and offices are probably looking at next year's draft and thinking about Bridgewater and Hundley (who put four bills on Cal at the weekend) and Mariota and Manziel.

Still, if Tebow is going to take a pay-as-you-play contract, I'd get him in now. Even if you get a new signal caller next year, Tebow can be used on wildcat and short yardage plays to decent effect.

Watching a replay of the Colts-Bolts game. I don;t know why Indy just don't let Luck do his thing. They look best when he's putting it up. I know they made the big trade for Richardson, but they don't need to build their game round him when they have Luck. Shooting themselves in the foot.

Watching a replay of the Colts-Bolts game. I don;t know why Indy just don't let Luck do his thing. They look best when he's putting it up. I know they made the big trade for Richardson, but they don't need to build their game round him when they have Luck. Shooting themselves in the foot.

Watched that game too. Is it cos Reggie Wayne is the only guy they've got who can catch the football? The amount of times Luck found receivers wide open only for them to fumble or drop a catch was staggering.

It was a bad night for drops, especially the over-the-top to Heyward-Bey (who has been disappointing for them) and Fleener's drop. But given they were getting nowhere quick, I don;t know why they didn't dial up more deep passes. Hilton, although he can be hit and miss, burned the Seahawks twice the previous game for deep scores, and they are a legitimate Superbowl team with the best cover corner in the league.

Dwayne Allen is a big miss but, drop aside, Fleener is a solid TE and has a standing relationship with Luck from the Cardinal. Wayne and Hilton are decent threats deep, but they kept sending Hilton shallow across the middle against the Bolts.

Luck was throwing 40 balls a week last year, and it's like 30 now. Adding Richardson is a big weapon, but you don't go away from your biggest threat. Maybe they just underestimated San Diego had were ill-prepared. Bolts defensive line played well, brought a lot of pressure.

Broncos go to the Lucas Oil this week. That'll be interesting.

I'm moving to Orlando in 2 weeks for 3 months for work. Trust my luck to be in driving distance of the 3 shittest sides in the country; Bucs, Dolphins, Jags.

At least it won't be hard to get tickets.

Some decent 1-A outfits though. Florida okay in Gainesville, which is near Jacksonville. Get some SEC action. The U in Miami have a good side this year. FSU play in Tallahassee, which is more of a trek, but Jameis Winston.

30th November, Florida play FSU in Gainesville. That'll be something to see.

Plus, there is a whole mess of bowl games in Florida. Couple of smaller ones in December, and then on New Year's Day there are like three SEC vs Big Ten bowls in state - Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, I think. And finally, you've got the Orange Bowl, which is ACC winner vs BCS at-large this year. That's one of the bigger bowls. Bowl games are fun as you tend to get split support, rather than the 95% home support at NFL games.

I'm moving to Orlando in 2 weeks for 3 months for work. Trust my luck to be in driving distance of the 3 shittest sides in the country; Bucs, Dolphins, Jags.

Dolphins aren't that bad this year!

COLLEGE FOOTY mate ... and if you weren't married, I'd say college parties too ... Oh well, you can get Pete to visit you and live vicariously through him.

Cheers guys. I'm there for a month first before the mrs arrives, so I'm free to know over a whole host of sportshit to begin with.

Yeah, Dolphins aren't bad, they seem to be building a legitimate project with Tannehill and a good defense.

College Bowl Games are a great shout though, especially one of the BCS games. Orange Bowl should be fairly close by. SEC Championship game and the Sugar Bowl are a bit further, but also very good matchups.

You should try to get to Jacksonville for he Florida-Georgia game, I think it is in November sometime. I have never been, but I have heard from people that have that the tailgating is incredible. It's nicknamed "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party," which sounds very promising.

Georgia and South Carolina go down in the early games, and there's still a ton of action yet to come.

No thrown TDs in the Georgia-Vandy game, and Vandy lost starter Carta-Samuels. Mental 4th quarter from Vandy.

Missouri tore Florida apart too. SEC East has opened up for them - everyone else has lost at least two games.

Absolutely zero defence happening.here in College Station. Going to be about 60-42 or something.

Manziel with an amazing scramble...and a terrible throw at the end of it. Gotta cut down on those...

I'm about sick of having a defense that can't catch a fucking cold. Manziel can't do everything.

I'm about sick of having a defense that can't catch a fucking cold. Manziel can't do everything.

Yeah, hopefully he's OK though and nothing serious is wrong with his arm/shoulder.

In the West, LSU and Auburn still need to play each other, plus Alabama, but we only have LSU left. A win there are things could get interesting, as long as we take care of business elsewhere, Mizzou inclusive.

Definitely going to be very interesting down the stretch

'Boys will be fucked next year - 31 million over the cap. Ouch.

Shitty GM work there Jerry, but would like to point out that this year's draft class (not to mention all the free agent pick ups) has been excellent.

Romo has the most yards every by a QB after 100 starts ... If he didn't have that issue whenever the game gets into 'money time,' he might be viewed far more positively by most fans (Including Cowboys fans!)

You should try to get to Jacksonville for he Florida-Georgia game, I think it is in November sometime. I have never been, but I have heard from people that have that the tailgating is incredible. It's nicknamed "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party," which sounds very promising.

OoooooOOOOOOOooooooh that sounds like fun!

Cheers KH, I'll check it out.

'Boys will be fucked next year - 31 million over the cap. Ouch.

Jesus Christ. That is an insane position to get yourself in. And didn't you just release Ratliff? If he has any guaranteed money, it'll count against the cap next year.

Still, those big contracts for Romo, Witten, and Austin mean Romo can break some more records. Perhaps those three can play both ways? Can't be much worse than the current defence.

Didn't Jones get his knuckles rapped for breaking the gentleman's agreement during the no cap season? Did the team have their cap adjusted down for that? i.e. is next year's overcap inflated by a lower than usual cap? Even so, you'd imagine they'll have to start restructuring deals with players like Romo and Ware, but that just creates dead money in future seasons, meaning 2015 could be even worse. And when is Dez Bryant a free agent? Hmm. I can see Austin being cut next season then. Shit, you could be in a situation where you've hit the cap and only have 35 players under contract, and are then scrambling to restructure or cut where you can and sign up a dozen makeweights on league minimum to make the roster. That's worst case though. Surely even these figures for next year's cap include salaries for players who will never make it past camp? These numbers are usually overestimated by about about $10m. So with restructuring etc it shouldn't be impossible to get back below cap. Of course, that presumes some level of reasonable thought in the front office, and Jerry doesn't leave much room for reason.

Jesus Christ. That is an insane position to get yourself in. And didn't you just release Ratliff? If he has any guaranteed money, it'll count against the cap next year.

Still, those big contracts for Romo, Witten, and Austin mean Romo can break some more records. Perhaps those three can play both ways? Can't be much worse than the current defence.

Austin, as you say later, will be gone because we now have a replacement with Williams, and Beasley is an up-n'-coming slot receiver.

We should be fine (Ratliff counts 7 million next year I think) - they'll just re-arrange contracts, and sign Dez (& Bruce Carter) to friendly contracts.

That is why you have to draft well ... and as I said, this past class seems excellent and with good FA pick ups, we'll be competitive.

EDIT: There was an article about the cap from Archer on ESPNdallas.com saying with the 'regular' restructures + cutting Austin (or him doing a Doug Free), they'll be only a few mill over. I guess the big contracts to romo & lee took this into consideration.

Anyone watch the Vikings-Giants game?

Where in the name of fuck did the Vikings get that QB from? The fucking crowd?

My wife throws better.

He was cut by Tampa earlier his year, and he Vikings picked him up for reasons only known to them.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Thursday, from London, that the Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins will voyage across the pond for the 2014 International Series. The Jaguars will host the Cowboys; the Falcons will host the Lions; and the Raiders will host the Dolphins.
Dates for the games will be set at a later time.

Christ.

Bryant and Witten nearly kicking it off after that TD

6 plays, 80 yards, 50 sec.

Back
Top Bottom