• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Official transfers have started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean surely it's an upgrade on Wijnaldum and Gueye (who I heard is going back to Everton to try help them survive relegation....again)

Galtier managed him when they won the title together at Lille (+ the season before) - but he actually didn't play a key role. He averaged 15 league starts across the 2 seasons. Safe to say he's joining as a squad player.

15 league starts over 2 seasons?? Wait, that can't be right surely.....that would make him more injury prone than the Ox.

15 league starts over 2 seasons?? Wait, that can't be right surely.....that would make him more injury prone than the Ox.
Averaged 15 starts.

Under Galtier
20/21: 14 starts (subbed out in 10) + 9 sub apps
19/20: 16 starts + 3 sub apps

GXcTDr9.jpg

I guess his injury record alone would state he could only be a squad player whichever club he went to right? Looks like he was out the squad 31 times over the 2 seasons.

PSG have a ridiculous number of central midfielders on their books, Verratti Draxler Herrera Parades Gueye Danilo Vitinha Rafinha.

That they could end up all being squad players lol.

Hopefully, he's at peace with his decisions.

Gini is 31 and the reality is that his form will likely decline with age soon. I believe both him and the club recognised that the demands of a Klopp midfield may not be for him long. If I were at the cusp of retirement and had won it all, why not travel Europe and have some adventures? First Paris, now Rome, I would head to Sevilla next. It might actually be fun to be in the same dressing room as Mourinho - especially if you aren't a young player.

I guess the same can be said of Schmeichel.

I knew we wouldn’t miss him, unbelievable how average he was yet everyone seemed to love him.

Just shows how good Klopp is when he can’t even cut it in the French league.

For the top team in a one man league. In fairness it showed the others what happens when you leave Klopp. he makes average seem brilliant

The Kasper move has me dumbfounded.

Why? I know it's a nice place, but, really???

They're not exactly a bad club, they will challenge for CL spots next season.

+ depends what other options he had on the table.

If - and it's a big "if" with him, but still - if Benteke hits form, he'll go through those defences like a knife through butter.

Werner and Sesko. No need to worry about losing Nkunku I guess?

Last edited:
If - and it's a big "if" with him, but still - if Benteke hits form, he'll go through those defences like a knife through butter.

I will be surprised if that happens. MLS is definitely lower quality compared to most European leagues and maybe even the Championship but it is a physically demanding league. Outside of the games, there are also other demands - traveling from one side of the US to another, playing in the heat and humidity of Houston and Miami one day followed by a frigid stadium in Colorado a couple of days later. Remember an interview by Steven Gerrard who said he was surprised at how much away games took out of him in the MLS.

Fair comment. If he finds his form he should make hay there, but I can certainly see how that might prove difficult to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom