• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Opening Weekend's other footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's cheered me up ! Those Manc cunts won't be thinking about winning the league after that ! Their first defeat in their opening match at OT since 1972 - guess there are some records Moyes didn't claim.

Just found out my Sat TV has no EPL this season FFS ! Have to find another one but it won't be by tomorrow and that'll be another £400 down the drain 🙂

So someone worked out roughly how fortunate Young was to have a bird shit in his mouth live on tv

Probability of A Single Bird Poo hitting Ashley Young's mouth at Old Trafford on live TV
Size of a bird poo
radius = 1 cm = 0.01 m
Surface Area = 3.142 x 10-4 m2
Size of Ashley Young's mouth
width = 8 cm = 0.08 m
height = 5 cm = 0.05 m
Surface Area = 0.004 m2
Size of Old Trafford Pitch
Length = 105 m
Width = 68 m
Area = 7140 m2
Probability that the bird poo lands at 'x' on Old Trafford
P(poo = x) = Size of Bird Poo / Size of Old Trafford
P(poo = x) = 4.399 x 10-8
*Probability that Ashley Young's mouth is at 'x' on Old Trafford​
P(ash = x) = Size of Ashley Young's mouth / Size of Old Trafford
P(ash = x) = 5.602 x 10-7
Probability that a single bird poo lands in Ashley Young's mouth
P(poo = x & ash = x) = P(ash = x) * P(poo = x)
P(poo = x & ash = x) = 2.465 x 10-14
Probability that Ashley Young is on screen
Broadcast Length = 90 minutes
Ashley Young Face Time = 1 minute
P(Ash on TV) = 1/90
Probability that Ashley Young eats bird poo on live TV
P(See Ash eat poo) = P(Ash on TV) * P(poo = x & ash = x)
P(See Ash eat poo) = 2.739 x 10-16
However, Ashley Young has played at Old Trafford many times, and birds have shat on Old Trafford many times more.
Let's assume that 10 birds shit on the pitch at Old Trafford during a game. Additionally, Ashley Young has played 359 professional matches (according to wikipedia), so lets assume that all of those matches provided a similar opportunity to watch Ashley eat bird poo.
overall probability of Ashley Young eating poo on live TV during his career to date:​
P(See Ash eat poo) * 10 * 359 = 9.833 x 10-13
This is equivalent to 1 in 1 trillion, which is almost as unlikely as Rooney scoring for England again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom