• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Opening Weekend's other footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic that, a big slice of humble pie for the completely unjustified love in from the media. Until United sort out that defence, and they need to center backs, and possibly a central midfielder, they aren't getting in the top four.

Fellaini elbows. Ponderous defence. Wank midfield. Predictable attacks. Incredible slow transition game.

Excellent. I love this Man Utd team.

And whoever said Gomis is the French Heskey is absolutely spot on.

Ki, Siggurdsson and Shelvey were solid in midfield for Swansea today. Well done.

I thought bird shit was meant to be lucky.

Anyways, I feel like I can get on with enjoying this season now. They're fucking shite.

Was expecting some poor defending, but what was surprising to me was how few chances they created. Mata and Rooney hardly ever saw the ball. Their best chances came from Fellaini flick ons.

Was expecting some poor defending, but what was surprising to me was how few chances they created. Mata and Rooney hardly ever saw the ball. Their best chances came from Fellaini flick ons.

I thought Rooney saw a lot of the ball, but he can only do so much when the aim of their game is simply to dump the ball wide, run into the middle and wait for the cross to come back in. Mata seems to have lost some of his creative powers since that spell under Mourinho.

How did Herrera play? A manc fan told me he was world class when they beat LA Dairy Milk
Pundits said he was very good. Personally I thought he was anonymous, the fact he got substituted after 60minutes for Fellaini kinda suggests that as well.

How did Herrera play? A manc fan told me he was world class when they beat LA Dairy Milk

Shelvey introduced him to the league very early off with a bit of British roughing up. I don't think I saw much of him after that, other than getting some Swansea chap booked (the same offence committed by Lingaard - twice - went unpunished).

I thought Rooney saw a lot of the ball, but he can only do so much when the aim of their game is simply to dump the ball wide, run into the middle and wait for the cross to come back in. Mata seems to have lost some of his creative powers since that spell under Mourinho.
Probably because he doesn't have Hazard and Oscar around him anymore.

All scum fans are solely blaming the loss on him being subbed. I thought he looked ok the first half, bollocks the second, not surprised he got subbed.

Terrible start just highlights the gaps in defense and midfield.

We need to get the cheque out badly, or my prediction of 5th will look optimistic 🙁

Probably because he doesn't have Hazard and Oscar around him anymore.

He was actually very good in 2011/12 even before Hazard joined Chelsea. Just not sure what's happened to him.

Also, has anyone mentioned yet that in the curtain raiser for the Mancs' 2013/2014 league season, Moyes' team beat Swansea 4-1 away?

10556509_10154522533850220_7460879886314141497_n.jpg

Lovely start to the season, i think their season hinges on these first 7/8 games which are all winnable on paper, if they make a hash of them it will be a long old season for them.

Terrible start just highlights the gaps in defense and midfield.

We need to get the cheque out badly, or my prediction of 5th will look optimistic 🙁

You really need two new starting defenders and also look a little toothless without Van Persie in attack.
It wasn't like Swansea were exactly magnificent
The opening day defeat won't help persuade potential signings that last year was a temporary blip.
It's probably added another 10k to their weekly wage.

How are Vaz Te and Carlton Cole still Premier League footballers?

I have no idea about Vaz Te, I don't think he has ever had a good game.

But every now and then Cole looks decent.

That Kouyate lad looks decent for West Ham

I predict Lucas falling over when trying to tackle him. Infact I'll put some money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom