• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other champions league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Hoddle saying Chelsea we’re good tonight and proved they can mix it with the big boys? Mental cunt. They lost three nil and are one of the richest clubs in the world.

They had to chase the game and there was always a danger they could have lost big. But overall tonight despite Barca scoring - I don't really remember Barca doing anything else other than defending their box constantly. Chelsea were very much like Sevilla in the first half at old trafford - both Lampard and Rio are correct - if they had a Costa or a Drogba up front tonight they would have won that game. The performance was such that what Hoddle was trying to say was that actually they can pass the damn ball and run at players rather than playing that defensive type of football.

I actually worry for our lot when we have to travel to their ground in our away game against them later on. They are now just 4 points behind us and unless Spurs start to screw up - we could be in danger of losing our CL position if Chelsea step up.

Courtois is not a very good shot-stopper, is he? Those stats I posted from Twitter seemed to indicate he's not in the top tier of goalkeepers. Other parts of his game are superb and that's why he's still a very good goalkeeper overall, but purely on shot-stopping there have to be question marks, especially after today.

Hope Real Madrid drop their interest in him after those 2 Messi nutmegs and go for De Gea instead.

It might sound silly to say it but obviously, due to direct hatred of Chelsea I'm glad they are out but alongside this hatred, I'm also happy that Barca are still in primarily because risking a possible defeat against a defensive team like Chelski would be too much for my heart to bear...

I'd fancy us against Barca...

Which considering the total brilliance they have up front is silly eh...

I am so thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet now that Manscum lost and are out. They are now quiet as a church mouse in social media.

Last edited:
Willian is infinitely better than Hazard, Real are after the wrong one.

Was a strange match last night, Chelsea are having a Liverpool-esque period in which individual errors are costing them matches/points.

I don't care who we get but I kinda want City to get Barca, really interested to see Barca try and counter City for both football and self-serving reasons.

Id rather face Seville/Roma/Juve out of the rest.

Willian is infinitely better than Hazard, Real are after the wrong one.

Was a strange match last night, Chelsea are having a Liverpool-esque period in which individual errors are costing them matches/points.

I don't care who we get but I kinda want City to get Barca, really interested to see Barca try and counter City for both football and self-serving reasons.

Id rather face Seville/Roma/Juve out of the rest.

Yes, City against Barca would be fantastic. Those bastards warming the balls probably want that as the final though.

We will mess that plan up by beating City in the semi final

God, I don't want City at any stage. They're better than us.

Seville maybe? Or Roma? They seem the weakest two teams left, so I want to play them next and hope Somebody else knocks City out.

God, I don't want City at any stage. They're better than us.

Seville maybe? Or Roma? They seem the weakest two teams left, so I want to play them next and hope Somebody else knocks City out.
Sorry but you can't change the future.
We best City in the semis before doing Barcelona in the final

Sorry but you can't change the future.
We best City in the semis before doing Barcelona in the final

Yes. I think it must be so. City beat Madrid in the quarters whilst we're tearing Bayern to shreds; semis - we beat City whilst Barca are beating Roma. Barca final 4-2 Liverpool. So it shall be written; so it shall be done.

I reckon City would batter Barca unless they decided to not turn up.

BTW I'm rather worried that with Spurs, United and Chelsea all out of the CL our Top 4 place will come under pressure. I was confident that with high profile matches Spurs and United would suffer enough for us to maintain our strength and challenge for 2nd. The fact they only have the FAC and PL to concentrate on is very disconcerting and inevitably could lead to them playing stronger teams in key PL matches than they otherwise would have been able to do.

And the mistake at Stamford Bridge. Also the mistakes against man united.
Yeah he's had a bad month indeed.

Class is permanent though.

Either way he's not gong to Liverpool anytime soon, so I'll leave it here and just say that I think he's probably the best young defender in the world right now. And could end up emulate some of the absolute greats of the game if he carries on. We'll see.

BTW I'm rather worried that with Spurs, United and Chelsea all out of the CL our Top 4 place will come under pressure. I was confident that with high profile matches Spurs and United would suffer enough for us to maintain our strength and challenge for 2nd. The fact they only have the FAC and PL to concentrate on is very disconcerting and inevitably could lead to them playing stronger teams in key PL matches than they otherwise would have been able to do.

True. But the reason they are out of CL is that they might not be good enough. Noone can doubt that these games where they lost out in CL were high profile matches?

Very interesting tie between Spurs and Chelsea on the plate. Maybe a Spurs win would open a gap again to Chelsea.

True. But the reason they are out of CL is that they might not be good enough. Noone can doubt that these games where they lost out in CL were high profile matches?

Very interesting tie between Spurs and Chelsea on the plate. Maybe a Spurs win would open a gap again to Chelsea.
It worried me slightly that Chelsea looked so good last night (ineffective in front of goal and their keeper really had a mare mind you). Maybe a Spurs win would be the best thing for us right now.

Not good enough in the CL doesn't mean not good enough to beat most PL sides and deny us a Top 4 slot due to having rested players and being able to play their strongest sides though. It's worrying. Our remaining fixture list should ensure we still manage to make Top 4 but I'm far from confident we can now take 2nd and we will need to perform at Chelsea as well as continue to win against the rest of the PL. It's going to be a tall order now and only getting taller the further we progress in the CL.

It worried me slightly that Chelsea looked so good last night (ineffective in front of goal and their keeper really had a mare mind you). Maybe a Spurs win would be the best thing for us right now.

They looked compact and solid first game against Barca too, and actually was quite Direct the few times they had a og at them as well. Two shots at the post plus a Nice goal the outcome. However before that game and after when playing the Mancs they were not Direct at all, but rather dulled themselves into impossible situation in the middle when they needed to attack. So they are inconsitent, and need to lift their season now to save something from it. Is Conte, posiibly on the way out (to be replaced by Mourinho??) the man to lift them now? My Guess is he will leave anyway and rather focus on a trophy (FA Cup) than qualifying for CL.

They looked compact and solid first game against Barca too, and actually was quite Direct the few times they had a og at them as well. Two shots at the post plus a Nice goal the outcome. However before that game and after when playing the Mancs they were not Direct at all, but rather dulled themselves into impossible situation in the middle when they needed to attack. So they are inconsitent, and need to lift their season now to save something from it. Is Conte, posiibly on the way out (to be replaced by Mourinho??) the man to lift them now? My Guess is he will leave anyway and rather focus on a trophy (FA Cup) than qualifying for CL.

Replaced by Mourinho? What? As if.

Not good enough in the CL doesn't mean not good enough to beat most PL sides and deny us a Top 4 slot due to having rested players and being able to play their strongest sides though. It's worrying. Our remaining fixture list should ensure we still manage to make Top 4 but I'm far from confident we can now take 2nd and we will need to perform at Chelsea as well as continue to win against the rest of the PL. It's going to be a tall order now and only getting taller the further we progress in the CL.

Still the further progress in CL will gives us tons of positive energy and confidence.

I see where you come from, and I can't say I am not the slightest worried. But we should not forget that we have lost 1 of 20 games or so, and is one of the by far best teams in PL. We should be at least 3rd or 4th come may.

Unnati (with his 55 million release clause) is good player and adds some steel to barca defense. Gomes looks like an awful player. That said when a team has messi, anything is possible. Something pep has found out whilst managing bayen.

I cant say im particularly bothered about the prospect of losing to City in the final beyond the standard losing cup final feeling, Spurs/ Utd /chelsea would've hurt considerably more.

Im still not convinced Klopp or the squad are ready to beat a top team in a cup final given our last few outings -the past decade or so has turned me into the ultimate pessimist when it comes to this club, winning the CL , imo would be far greater in significance than it was in 2005, which is alreqdg the single greatest night suppirting this club has given me in my lifetime, a win this year. - wow...wait, I refuse to begin to believe :graham::graham::graham::graham::graham::graham:(n)

Re: The league, I still feel as though Chelsea/ Utd/ Spurs and ourselves are absolutely capable of bottling it. Just need to pray Salah/Firmino /Mane have enough left in the tank and then that Karius/Lovren and co don't fuck us too hard.

Harry Kane missing a month could be massive in determining final positions within the top 4,given his awesome goal scoring record so far

Top 4 is done imho.. We will finish 3rd

Chelsea are not going to get Top 4..

The fallout with Costa and the lack of a decent replacement put paid to that

The club is all over the place at the moment..

Umtiti does look quality - and considering the Mancs are looking at him as per most reports these days, we should look to sign him. He'd be an excellent partner for VvD, fuck Barcelona right off (and they deserve it those horrible fucking cunts) & fuck the mancs off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom