• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games 11-12th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had my way, anybody identified as having played silly buggers with one of those things at a game would get an on-the-spot lifetime ban.

I am beginning to wonder if they are truely an issue, because if they were they’d be milked dry by pro goalies in the same way a whisper of a touch on a midfielder’s shirt leaves them Pole axed.

Colombia have absolutely peppered Ali’s goal tonight albeit against a Brazil side missing 5-6 players.

2 more headed goals for Diaz to add to his collection.

If I had my way, anybody identified as having played silly buggers with one of those things at a game would get an on-the-spot lifetime ban.
Q. Is there a legal reason why racists, people abusing players, those that throw projectiles etc. etc., don't get lifetime bans instead having '5 years' or whatever? We don't need these cunts, there are more than enough people who'd love their ticket, just ban them from the club for life, in fact can't the FA also ban them from any FA/PL game ? Inc. internationals? Makes zero sense to give them limited bans.

I am beginning to wonder if they are truely an issue, because if they were they’d be milked dry by pro goalies in the same way a whisper of a touch on a midfielder’s shirt leaves them Pole axed.

Not denying that players could well react in that way, but they're defo an issue. The power of the light they emit is such that some idiots have used them to cause trouble to pilots of low-flying planes.

Q. Is there a legal reason why racists, people abusing players, those that throw projectiles etc. etc., don't get lifetime bans instead having '5 years' or whatever? We don't need these cunts, there are more than enough people who'd love their ticket, just ban them from the club for life, in fact can't the FA also ban them from any FA/PL game ? Inc. internationals? Makes zero sense to give them limited bans.
I'd give them an indefinite ban, with the possibility of relaxing it if they completed an education / rehabilitation programme. I'd particularly show some latitude with kids who might not really have those kinds of attitudes deep down. I'd do that for any form of bigotry, tragedy chanting etc.

I don't know for sure, but aren't these through the courts rather than just by clubs? If so, there would be sentencing guidelines around them, and court sentences would normally have some kind of duration to them.

Presumably the clubs can just ban anyone they like from their stadium for however long they like but it must make it a lot harder to enforce.

Marcelo Bielsa proving he still got it. I'd love to be a fly on the wall if him and Klopp ever had an in-depth conversation about football or anything really.

Last edited:

Marcelo Bielsa proving he still got it. I'd love to be a fly on the wall if him and Klopp ever had an in-depth conversation.

Obviously one of the most influential managers of a generation. Would have been interesting to see him at a top side but I just don't think he has the temperament for it.

Obviously one of the most influential managers of a generation. Would have been interesting to see him at a top side but I just don't think he has the temperament for it.

Pretty much but you still would've thought he'd test himself against the elite in European football, he Conte and Simeone all have their similarities when it comes to temperament but Bielsa's energy and aura was the most mystifying and unpredictable of the lot......he had some very peculiar spells at Marseille, Lazio and then Lille all in a short space of time which probably spelled the end for him.

Crazy to think he's never really won a major honor as a player or manager yet the name Bielsa will always be synonymous with football.

Darwin is a lucky bastard to be coached by Bielsa and Klopp at the same time - two of the very best in the business at unlocking player potential. As long as they don’t teach him mutually opposing things (very unlikely), he should be flying for club and country.

A big contrast to the likes of Trent or Foden who go from being coached by an A-level manager to a D-level in their national team.

Somehow I think this is related to the Trent debate.

For the record, Germany are playing 4-2-2-2; Kimmich and Gundogan as double-pivot and yes, Havertz as a classic LB. He’s looking excellent!

Last edited:
Havertz still looking good! Arsenal fans are starting to see the future.

Extra points to this guy for using Diaz’s dad as meme:

Last edited:
Really enjoying this France Gibraltar match.
Just seen that fofana scored and assisted today. He is a DM right ? Why are we not gonna get him ? Mates with Ibou, he is tall, probably quick, and might be as good as Chouey (you know the Real Madrid midfielder that Klopp has wet dreams about). Why why why????

Just seen that fofana scored and assisted today. He is a DM right ? Why are we not gonna get him ? Mates with Ibou, he is tall, probably quick, and might be as good as Chouey (you know the Real Madrid midfielder that Klopp has wet dreams about). Why why why????
That's honestly a good shout. Not a bad DM

Because I'd imagine we have dozens of options lined up and we can only get 1......the 1 that best suits us in terms of profile, fit and value.

Boudaoui at Nice and Herrera at Girona are 2 players I'd like to think we've looked at, been very impressive this season.

We'll see what happens.

Because I'd imagine we have dozens of options lined up and we can only get 1......the 1 that best suits us in terms of profile, fit and value.

Boudaoui at Nice and Herrera at Girona are 2 players I'd like to think we've looked at, been very impressive this season.

We'll see what happens.

There is enough evidence in world football that France produce better than your average DM. I know that many of you have a stiff for Andre - but I have doubts mainly due to his size. I want a physical powerhouse as well someone technically gifted, with a bit of pace. You know crunch tackle - gets the ball - drives forward with it and passes it onto the sboz/mac10/curtis/gravy and then they do thier stuff in the 2nd stage before we all start singing those songs like Nunez Nuez/Mo Salah running down the fucking wing. blah blah blah, is that too much to task for ? are we that poor considering we made a fake bid for Caicedo to keep the non-top-reds quiet and stop #FSGOUT trending as No. 1 on X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom