• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games 13th & 14th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodgson was dire, but more in a 0:1 home defeat to Blackburn kind of dire – I don't remember us beaten 4,5-nil and the feeling of disrespect from our own star players.
I hate to say anything positive about those 6 months but … you are right. We didn’t get our arse handed to us inthose 6 months. It was more the fact Hodgeson openly said we were in a relegation fight just 5-6 games into the season

I hate to say anything positive about those 6 months but … you are right. We didn’t get our arse handed to us inthose 6 months. It was more the fact Hodgeson openly said we were in a relegation fight just 5-6 games into the season
No but we spent most of hodgson's time either in the bottom 3 or just hovering outside it . Our attacking football was actually worse though than utd's , it's just the face slapping owl had an organised defence

Hodgson was dire, but more in a 0:1 home defeat to Blackburn kind of dire – I don't remember us beaten 4,5-nil and the feeling of disrespect from our own star players.

We did lose 6-1 to Stoke City towards the end of Rodgers's tenure but don't remember the atmosphere around the club being this toxic.

This is actually what many of us had predicted. OK so in this game it made no difference, and the season has just started, but hopefully somewhere during the season, it will cost them.

--------------------

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says it will take time to get the best out of Erling Haaland when he faces packed defences, after seeing the striker have only eight touches as his side thrashed Bournemouth.

The Norway striker had to wait 18 minutes for his first touch, but used it to set up Ilkay Gundogan for City's opener, and Guardiola was not concerned by his lack of involvement overall. "Erling plays the most difficult job in the world, when you are a striker against a team defending like Bournemouth with three central defenders and two players in front of them," said Guardiola. "You are in the middle, how can you survive that?

This is actually what many of us had predicted. OK so in this game it made no difference, and the season has just started, but hopefully somewhere during the season, it will cost them.

--------------------

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says it will take time to get the best out of Erling Haaland when he faces packed defences, after seeing the striker have only eight touches as his side thrashed Bournemouth.

The Norway striker had to wait 18 minutes for his first touch, but used it to set up Ilkay Gundogan for City's opener, and Guardiola was not concerned by his lack of involvement overall. "Erling plays the most difficult job in the world, when you are a striker against a team defending like Bournemouth with three central defenders and two players in front of them," said Guardiola. "You are in the middle, how can you survive that?

Yes, only 8 touches in the whole game for Haaland. Yes, they won 4:0 and one of the touches was an assist (MOTD showed a funny graphic where his only 2 passes the whole game were the assist and the kick-off), but as a player you cannot happy with such minimal involvement, it's not sustainable.

Can't wait for Chelsea/Spurs game, probably gonna be most pragmatic game in the PL since games between Rafa and Mourinho. It will all be in the fine margins, the little derails like which player farts first.

Yes, only 8 touches in the whole game for Haaland. Yes, they won 4:0 and one of the touches was an assist (MOTD showed a funny graphic where his only 2 passes the whole game were the assist and the kick-off), but as a player you cannot happy with such minimal involvement, it's not sustainable.
It's such a strange one, the pace he showed for his goal against West Ham last week was almost unnatural, it was terrifying, however as a whole he just looks unsuited for the majority of City's games as shown yesterday. He'd get a godly amount of goals at Spurs, Madrid, or United (which hadn't melted down) where the style suits him down to the ground, however at City, sure he'll score loads but he wont be as transformative as he could have been at those.

Theres a couple games where he'll massively help City though, and I suspect thats why hes been signed. He's more than good enough for the games against Bournemouth etc, its in the champions league in the latter rounds, and against us, basically in games where teams can match City and dominate possession, where he'll be most effective. I really am not looking forward to him facing us when he's fully settled, with our high line and his obscene acceleration, not even VVD is going to be able to keep up with him, and I suspect thats a lot to do with why hes signed, if Pep has a weapon thats makes it harder for us to push up and dominate the game, leaving City to dictate, or providing a huge threat when we do, then thats all Pep needs from his signing.

If Foden had bothered to square the ball for him at 0-0, he would have had an open goal.
Anyway, strange with so few involvements.

If Foden had bothered to square the ball for him at 0-0, he would have had an open goal.

yup Guardiola actually mentioned that moment after the match saying the guys need to pass to Haaland in those moments, that’s what he’s there for

if Haaland gets a goal and an assist with 3 touches i think it becomes way more sustainable

How many times have we said that about our forwards? Footballers are greedy cunts and only think about their own personal accolades.

Can't wait for Chelsea/Spurs game, probably gonna be most pragmatic game in the PL since games between Rafa and Mourinho. It will all be in the fine margins, the little derails like which player farts first.
It’ll be decided by a Son dive for a late pen

Fast start at the City Ground. Forest creating chances.

As a former resident of Nottingham, you’d think I would want them to do well. I don’t. I hate West Ham too. Can they both lose?

Fast start at the City Ground. Forest creating chances.

As a former resident of Nottingham, you’d think I would want them to do well. I don’t. I hate West Ham too. Can they both lose?
I love watching cricket at Trent Bridge, especially in muggy, swinging conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom