• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games 18th-21st August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, TommyYaSue was the 3rd man to be handed the ball. He was victimised.
What would've happened if Kai just left it on the floor and no one walked up to the ball for another 10 seconds? Does he go back and book the last man who held it i.e Havertz or the usual taker i.e Tomeeeyaaaaasue

At home 0-1 down but with 30 mins plus against 10 men and Wroy continues with two holding midfielders

Doucoure not shining in this one for sure

I’m wondering if he’s one of those players i happen to never see play well or he just never plays well
I'm sure he's a handful of good games in the 100 odd game he's played in the Prem, even Joe Allen had his moments where he found his inner Xavi like ability........he's still turd.

What’s with all these mentally fragile Germans nowadays? Showing great promise early and then a steep drop-off or some kind of mental block preventing them from reaching the next level: Draxler, Timo Werner, Havertz, Kehrer, Weigl, Brandt to some extent, Götze earlier (even though he won the World Cup), even Sane has been blowing hot and cold and probably hasn’t fully realized his talent.

I would be wary in placing my faith in Wirtz or Musiala at this point given how the last few “generational talents” of German football turned out. There has not been a world-class German player since Thomas Müller and Joshua Kimmich. Maybe Rudiger at a push.

Last edited:
What’s with all these mentally fragile Germans nowadays? Showing great promise early and then a steep drop-off or some kind of mental block preventing them from reaching the next level: Draxler, Timo Werner, Havertz, Kehrer, Weigl, Brandt to some extent, Götze earlier (even though he won the World Cup), even Sane has been blowing hot and cold and probably hasn’t fully realized his talent.

Yeah it's certainly an interesting talking point....perhaps poor career choices, none of them ended up at Klopp's Liverpool you see Rurik so they wouldn't have had the best coach(es) to get the best out of them.

Also going by the U21 euro's, they're really lacking in the next gen department too.

Other than Musiala and Wirtz, there isn't a lot there.

Don’t know if it’s the weight of expectation to some extent - every bright young talent is now branded the new Gerd Muller or Beckenbauer or whatever.

I feel the Nordic countries manage their talents in a more low-key way; even someone like Odegaard who had so much hype around him early and made the choice to go to Real Madrid as a teenager seems to have grown up quite down-to-earth, same with Haaland despite all the insane records. Just imagine the circus and the comparisons if Haaland was German.

I would be wary in placing my faith in Wirtz or Musiala at this point given how the last few “generational talents” of German football turned out. There has not been a world-class German player since Thomas Müller and Joshua Kimmich. Maybe Rudiger at a push.

Kroos? Hummels? Neuer?

They could try cheating less and just see what happens.

We're never gonna have the perfect game, but instead of focusing on the laws of the game and seeing what can be improved there (as there's a lot outdated and needs changing) they'd rather complicate things further and give refs reasons to be even more card happy which in turn will create more animosity among fans.

It's silly enough we have to see a yellow card being brandished if you celebrate taking your top off or high fiving a fan in the crowd.

Really worry about the state this game is turning into, the excitements gone.

Gonna be great the first time a player gets sent off for 2 yellows for perceived time wasting as you can bet your bottom dollar that's all that'll get spoken about until the next game comes around when what should be talked about was the 4-0 win and performance or whatever.

See that's the problem, football is fast becoming a game no one actually wants to speak about the football.....just the controversies that's inevitably gonna surround the game.

F4DSBJnXMAEueyT
Fake but still funny.

Don’t know if it’s the weight of expectation to some extent - every bright young talent is now branded the new Gerd Muller or Beckenbauer or whatever.

I feel the Nordic countries manage their talents in a more low-key way; even someone like Odegaard who had so much hype around him early and made the choice to go to Real Madrid as a teenager seems to have grown up quite down-to-earth, same with Haaland despite all the insane records. Just imagine the circus and the comparisons if Haaland was German.
If you ask me, it’s more likely they weren’t that good in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom