• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone else is right and I'm wrong because I can't shake the feeling that our attack isn't quite good enough.

I'd agree, as i thought at times last season our attack looked disjointed or flat.

I'm hoping gakpo continues to improve, diaz recovers fully, nunez clicks, jota maintains some kind of fitness...rather than just relying on Mo, who in the first half of the seasons really wasn't very good.

I got the same feeling. It lacks something, finishing, explosiveness, unpredictability, I don't know.

We're used to having 3 players all with those attibutes, whereas now we've only got 1, and the other have a few of those attributes.

Nunez & diaz - explosive and unpredicatble, but so far finishing has been an issue
jota - Finishing in spades, but not as explosive or unpredictable as you'd like
Gakpo - unpredictable and decent finishing...just not quite explosive

Jesus.

Won't even ask your feeling on our midfield and defence, god forbid you might suffer something serious as a result & I wouldn't wanna be the cause for that Keni, I CARE TOO MUCH!!!!

Talking about the midfield is like kicking in open doors.
And for another thread.

I got the same feeling. It lacks something, finishing, explosiveness, unpredictability, I don't know.

Well yeah, Nunez and Diaz are not consistent enough in their finishing. Cody feels smooth as Feck though, and we still have Salah. So we're operating at below our potential. Here's the issue for me

1. Nunez - poor finishing and decision making - may change
2. Diaz - Needs more end product, but deserves time after injury
3. Cody - Smooth as feck, total finisher, super polished, but still new
4. Salah - phenomenal, but just getting older

I’m bullish about the attack next season, for a few reasons.

1. Our midfield is coming together. Both with Trent’s new position and Alexis joining the ranks. I think we pose a lot more creative threat & ball carrying than last season.

2. Diaz & Jota were both coming back from long lay offs at the end of last season. I expect a pre season to see them start firing with a lot more sharpness.

3. Gakpo & Nunez were both new to the league and to Klopp’s tactics. Again i expect them to start the season understanding how Klopp wants them to play and to just focus on instincts on the pitch.

The only thing that concerns me slightly is positions as all of Diaz Jota Nunez & Gakpo can play Left & Centre, but they are played very differently in a Klopp team.

I've never watched him play but based on this compilation he looks... "rough".

I know he's not finished article yet, but is "rough" really the first adjective that comes to your mind when you watch this? Personally I love that he's equally comfortable on both wings (slight preference for RW): not only tactical flexibility, but also it's harder to stop players when they can beat you on the inside or outside.

BTW:

Last edited:
I've never watched him play but based on this compilation he looks... "rough".

I'm always mistrustful of videos where the player beats someone with a trick, and then the video cuts away to something else. We don't see the pass / cross / shot which wasn't good enough to be included in the video.

We’ve already got Doaku

seriously though if he can play right side then sign him, Mo needs help / competition

I know he's not finished article yet, but is "rough" really the first adjective that comes to your mind when you watch this? Personally I love that he's equally comfortable on both wings (slight preference for RW): not only tactical flexibility, but also it's harder to stop players when they can beat you on the inside or outside.

BTW:

I quit after a couple minutes so perhaps it got better and that was a lazy assessment but yeah it was the first touch / control that looked a little on the iffy side, the Traore esque shift it to one side and whack it into the box... and the fact that a bunch of clips kinda ended without any end product (always concerns me when that stuff makes the highlight reel).

Fully acknowledge it's an uninformed opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom