• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34487.msg901089#msg901089 date=1246874630]
[quote author=Marquis link=topic=34487.msg900984#msg900984 date=1246850693]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34487.msg900741#msg900741 date=1246808679]
hahaha.

So, dull, uneventful, disappointing & incredibly misleading.

Cant wait. No really I cant. Even though I know all the above. That's completely illogical. This must be how girls think.
[/quote]

Only about sex.
[/quote]

hahaha touche.

As I was writing that, I thought you were guaranteed to comeback on it, but I correctly assumed you knew me well enough to know I was taking the piss!
[/quote]

Of course I did, hence why I didn't mention Bex's name ;)

[quote author=Richey link=topic=34487.msg901088#msg901088 date=1246874395]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34487.msg901087#msg901087 date=1246874077]
my 'owen path' goes something like this;

17 years old - when he first burst on the scene I absolutely loved him

18 years old - felt huge pride when he scored 'THAT' goal at the world cup

19 years old - began to cool on him when he used to talk about england more than liverpool

21/22 years old - hated the kick and rush style of play that seemed to play to his strengths (admittedly not his fault)

23/24 years old - began to depise him when he started dragging his heels on signing a new contract as if he were waiting to see what direction liverpool would take, getting too big for his fucking boots.

25 years old - over the moon when he fucked off to real

26 years old - completely vindicated in my opinion when liverpool without the 'great michael owen' who singlehandidly kept liverpool in the top four (what fucking bollox) won nothing whilst liverpool became european champions.

27 years old - pleased when rafa passed on him. owen ends up at n'castle does fuck all for two years

29 years old - for man united my hated for him is now off the scale.
[/quote]

See this is what I don't get mate. It sounds like you haven't been too keen on Owen for getting on for a decade now, and you were pleased when he left and delighted when he never came back.
So why has his signing for United provoked such a strong personal feeling? Surely you must have half expected it?
[/quote]

didn't expect manu to come in for him but definately expected him to sign for them when they did. I don't blame him for signing for manu, they are certainly a better propersition than hull but you'd think all the years for liverpool would have rubbed off on him a 'little', obviously not.

he's ruined the only part of his career that wasnt a steaming pile of shit. as in when you break up with someone you shared the best period of your life with, you shouldnt stick a knife in their back. you should just walk away. you walk away.

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=34487.msg900977#msg900977 date=1246844583]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=34487.msg900971#msg900971 date=1246838957]
Never adored him while he was here.

Never despised him when he left.

F#$! him. I "nothing" him now.
[/quote]

Bet you wanted to ride him after the 2001 cup final tho!
[/quote]

Yep.

He was a bloody good player for us. But he was never the second coming that some of us made out at the time... The reason that we relied on him so heavily was not because he was the world's best (which he NEVER was), but rather because we weren't particularly good for long periods of his time with us.

Then, under "questionable"circumstances, he left us. So f#$! him.

If he had really wanted to stay, he'd have re-signed before Rafa even got here (for those who insist that Rafa drove him away).

He never loved us. So I couldn't give a bollix about the bloke anymore.

The only reason that I will even think about him from this point forward is because of who he now plays for...

He has passed it. No real skill. Just a poacher wholly reliant on others dependent on his once speed. It is gone now.

Move on.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=34487.msg901242#msg901242 date=1246892422]
[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=34487.msg900977#msg900977 date=1246844583]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=34487.msg900971#msg900971 date=1246838957]
Never adored him while he was here.

Never despised him when he left.

F#$! him. I "nothing" him now.
[/quote]

Bet you wanted to ride him after the 2001 cup final tho!
[/quote]

Yep.

He was a bloody good player for us. But he was never the second coming that some of us made out at the time... The reason that we relied on him so heavily was not because he was the world's best (which he NEVER was), but rather because we weren't particularly good for long periods of his time with us.

Then, under "questionable"circumstances, he left us. So f#$! him.

If he had really wanted to stay, he'd have re-signed before Rafa even got here (for those who insist that Rafa drove him away).

He never loved us. So I couldn't give a bollix about the bloke anymore.

The only reason that I will even think about him from this point forward is because of who he now plays for...

[/quote]

"I believe my ambitions can be fulfilled at Liverpool. I find it a little insulting that, after 12 years' service, my loyalty is being questioned. I want every supporter to know that I am as committed to Liverpool as any player at the club. I have been the same ever since I first came to Anfield as an 11-year-old." Owen 2003

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=34487.msg901242#msg901242 date=1246892422]

[/quote]

Well said

Could be a PR statement to soften the blow..apologies if already reported? this thread is so long I can't find it...

Michael Owen Would Have Taken Huge Pay Cut To Rejoin Liverpool – Report
A tabloid report claims the striker was hopeful of a move back to Anfield before signing a deal at Old Trafford.

Prior to signing for Manchester United, Michael Owen was reportedly desperate to rejoin Liverpool and would have agreed to return to Anfield for as little as £25,000 a week, claims the News of the World.

The British tabloid reports that even whilst in talks with the English champions, Owen was hopeful of a move back to Merseyside, but was denied by manager Rafael Benitez.

Despite insisting he would accept a huge pay cut to return to the Reds, the striker was refused his dream move with Benitez seemingly unwilling to take a gamble on the 29-year-old.

The Liverpool boss reportedly had too many doubts over the player’s form and fitness to bring him back to Anfield, despite Owen being available on a free transfer and owner George Gillett also being keen on the deal.

The report also goes on to reveal that the Spaniard was concerned he might upset the club’s fans with a move for Owen, particularly as they remain unimpressed with the striker’s decision to leave the club for Real Madrid in 2004.

The former Newcastle United man also reportedly delayed travelling to Carrington for his United medical, in the hope that a move to Liverpool might appear.

However, the Reds were not interested, leaving the way clear for their bitter rivals to complete one of the most surprising transfers in recent years.

That's why he told people that neverton had won him over and he was going to sign for them, is it? 'Cos he was desperate to come to US..?

Sod off, Owen.

You're a mercenary. Own it.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=34487.msg901313#msg901313 date=1246899699]
That's why he told people that neverton had won him over and he was going to sign for them, is it? 'Cos he was desperate to come to US..?

Sod off, Owen.

[/quote]

Really DR? Where did you hear that?

Do you think there's any truth to the tale he wanted a return, and Rafa didn't?

[quote author=localny link=topic=34487.msg901384#msg901384 date=1246905760]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=34487.msg901313#msg901313 date=1246899699]

Sod off, Owen.

[/quote]

Really DR? Where did you hear that?

Do you think there's any truth to the tale he wanted a return, and Rafa didn't?
[/quote]

On the "Hahahahah Bitters" thread on this very forum, my friend.

Owen was even admitting to pals that he had been won over by Moyes and as late as last week he was going to join them on less money than he could have earned elsewhere.

Probably is true.

The other option was (until recently) playing for Newcastle. Or neverton.

I was chatting to a United supporting mate about this last night. He's nonplussed about the whole Owen thing, and asked me this...

How would you feel if Rafa went out tomorrow and signed Paul Scholes on a free?

I said I'd be delighted. Well, we would, wouldn't we?

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34487.msg901551#msg901551 date=1246929071]
I was chatting to a United supporting mate about this last night. He's nonplussed about the whole Owen thing, and asked me this...

[/quote]

No. He's done.

He's several years older than Owen and has far less to offer. It's not a fair comparison at all. Even if we assume Owen's legs are done, and he'll be injured half the season, which I'm not certain of, he'll always have a punchers chance because he's a fantastic finisher on form.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34487.msg901551#msg901551 date=1246929071]

[/quote]No. The Paul Scholes of last year was quite sad to watch. Watching him getting subbed again and again, not to protect him but because the game was passing him by was a real eye opener.
I get your point, but hes a rubbish example. Plus he has a tiny cock.

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=34487.msg901593#msg901593 date=1246949705]
What about if we signed Van Nistlerooy?
[/quote]As i said i get the point. And Ruud would be a perfect back up to Torres, but wouldnt play the role.

Beckham? Could play the role he does for England now and if Xabi does go he's the only player with his passing range.

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=34487.msg901593#msg901593 date=1246949705]
What about if we signed Van Nistlerooy?
[/quote]

I'd be over the moon if he could stay fit as he's a quality player. The scum fans never wanted to see him go, like Stam.

As for scholes the ginger twat, fuck that.

I wouldn't want to welcome any of their has-beens to be honest and when it comes to players that came up through the ranks there like Scholes and Beckham, it's a definite "no". Absolutely not.

He's got mine now aswell..

When I saw his comments about how he hoped Fergie would sign him one day and that it was a dream come true, I was disgusted..

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34487.msg901618#msg901618 date=1246953327]
I wouldn't want to welcome any of their has-beens to be honest and when it comes to players that came up through the ranks there like Scholes and Beckham, it's a definite "no". Absolutely not.
[/quote]

To be fair to the likes of Scholes, Neville and Giggs, there's no way they would sign for us anyway - because, unlike Cunt Owen, they understand what the rivalry means.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34487.msg901834#msg901834 date=1246972780]
[quote author=keniget link=topic=34487.msg901618#msg901618 date=1246953327]
[/quote]

To be fair to the likes of Scholes, Neville and Giggs, there's no way they would sign for us anyway - because, unlike Cunt Owen, they understand what the rivalry means.

[/quote]

Nail to head interface has been struck.

I'd say RVN would be tempted though- I'd buy him just to stick in their craw.

Can we hunt down the 21 people who wish him "Good luck and no hard feelings"? Or perhaps send them to Old Trafford dressed in LFC replica kits just to see the reaction they'd get!

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=34487.msg901869#msg901869 date=1246974333]
Can we hunt down the 21 people who wish him "Good luck and no hard feelings"? Or perhaps send them to Old Trafford dressed in LFC replica kits just to see the reaction they'd get!
[/quote]

idiots. wishing owen good luck is by definition wishing manu good luck.

For the record I was number 103.

My feelings lie somewhere in the middle of the two extremes, but the 'good luck' aspect pushed me over to 'Cunt'.

Wishing a Manc good luck?! They get enough as it is.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34487.msg901878#msg901878 date=1246974612]

Wishing a Manc good luck?! They get enough as it is.
[/quote]

ha ha aint that the truth

BBC's newspaper round up reports Utd preparing a 20m bid for Huntlaar. Might poor Mikey's bubble be about to burst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom