• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huntlaar's lacking in pace - alongside Owen & Berbz it's not exactly the most mobile of front-lines, is it

He's a clinical bastard, though.

An 'insider' told me yesterday that Madrid are waiting for the Huntlaar signing to be completed to use to make their bid for Alonso.

:(

[quote author=Anita link=topic=34487.msg901917#msg901917 date=1246976484]
An 'insider' told me yesterday that Madrid are waiting for the Huntlaar signing to be completed to use to make their bid for Alonso.

[/quote]

Dunk?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=659544&sec=england&cc=%

No one wants an Owen shirt

It's lucky for Michael Owen that Sir Alex Ferguson rates him, because Manchester United supporters certainly do not. Since he signed on Friday, the club shop has yet to receive a single request for an Owen shirt.

This evidences just how widely the dissatisfaction with his purchase is felt; very few supporters feel that he is good enough to play for the team, and just as many are resentful of having an ex-Liverpool player in the squad.

An employee at United's megastore commented that:

"We haven't got his number yet, which might have had an effect, [but] we are not expecting a big demand even when that is known. As far as I know, no one has asked for [it]".

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34487.msg901996#msg901996 date=1246984262]
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=659544&sec=england&cc=%

It's lucky for Michael Owen that Sir Alex Ferguson rates him, because Manchester United supporters certainly do not. Since he signed on Friday, the club shop has yet to receive a single request for an Owen shirt.

This evidences just how widely the dissatisfaction with his purchase is felt; very few supporters feel that he is good enough to play for the team, and just as many are resentful of having an ex-Liverpool player in the squad.

"We haven't got his number yet, which might have had an effect, [but] we are not expecting a big demand even when that is known. As far as I know, no one has asked for [it]".

[/quote]

That's hard to believe, frankly.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34487.msg902011#msg902011 date=1246988087]
Is it?

I wouldn't want to endorse an ex-manc on my shirt.

[/quote]

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34487.msg902011#msg902011 date=1246988087]
Is it?

I wouldn't want to endorse an ex-manc on my shirt.

[/quote]

There are probably loads of 'United fans' who just watch them on telly and think of them as 'the best team in the world' and remember Owen as being 'an England star', rather than worrying about his past allegiances. Surely those are the kind of fans who buy most replica shirts? And yet not one of them has asked for an Owen shirt? It would be funny if true, but I don't think it is.

[/quote]

And also til after the 18th , as we'll receive 20% more of any fee after that point, so they can bid less.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34487.msg902038#msg902038 date=1246991077]

[/quote]

And also til after the 18th , as we'll receive 20% more of any fee after that point, so they can bid less.
[/quote]

...they hope.

Let's put this into perspective:

When Ronaldo scored against Sporting Lisbon, he didn't celebrate out of respect for his former club.

Taking lessons in grace and dignity from Ronaldo is like taking nutrition advice from your crack dealer.

He's a manc, ergo he's a cunt

[quote author=singlerider link=topic=34487.msg902124#msg902124 date=1247000620]
Taking lessons in grace and dignity from Ronaldo is like taking nutrition advice from your crack dealer.
[/quote]

Hahahaha

I like.

My dealer, years back when I was young & dumb, dropped off 5 grams of coke to my apartment in town at about 4am. It was a party & I was fucked already. He said, deadly seriously, 'You look well done in lad, you wanna get some kip'

This is only an aside to the Owen business, but just shows how shite these small time journalists are and how they can twist the truth to suit
It starts

By Soccernet staff

Then, just as you are thinking ha ha , but it's a little wierd some funny bastard has not picked one, it goes on

"We haven't got his number yet, which might have had an effect, [but] we are not expecting a big demand even when that is known. As far as I know, no one has asked for [it]"

So they haven't sold a Michael Owen shirt because they have not really got one yet. These twats must really struggle to write things at times

It's pretty unlikely they are going to be a massive hit anyway, and I just hope it stays that way

regards

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/v/BeoXAZVlkHs&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34487.msg903548#msg903548 date=1247204271]
[/quote]

haha

Rat face and his take on the Owen move...

Gary Neville feels that Michael Owen's switch to Manchester United could help the striker play his way back into the England fold.

Former Newcastle United forward Owen sealed his shock free transfer to the Premier League champions last week.

Owen has won 89 caps for England and scored 40 goals but has played only once under manager Fabio Capello.

However, experienced right-back Neville is confident 29-year-old Owen will benefit from his switch to Old Trafford ahead of next year's World Cup.

"I don't think Michael moved to United for England. He's moved to improve Manchester United," said Neville. "But the opportunity is there for him.

"It's difficult for me to suggest whether a player is going to get picked for a tournament next year. That will be up to the manager.

"But anyone who plays for United over a season has a great chance of getting into an international team, no matter whether it be England or any other country.

"It's a hard club to play for and if you are playing well and doing well, then you have a great chance."

Nailed-on

Neville, who has 85 caps to his name, also outlined his hope that he could also be named in the squad for South Africa after recently being called upon by Capello.

"I have an opportunity," he added. "There's still a long way to go for anyone who thinks they can be in the squad.

"There will be players who think they are nailed-on certainties and then an injury will occur. I like playing for England and want to be there.

"It's frustrating not winning anything with England and not getting to finals but there's still a chance there for me."

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34487.msg903548#msg903548 date=1247204271]
[/quote]

bursts out laughing......hahahaha

[quote author=jono@home link=topic=34487.msg903578#msg903578 date=1247211139]
Rat face and his take on the Owen move...

Gary Neville feels that Michael Owen's switch to Manchester United could help the striker play his way back into the England fold.

Former Newcastle United forward Owen sealed his shock free transfer to the Premier League champions last week.

Owen has won 89 caps for England and scored 40 goals but has played only once under manager Fabio Capello.

However, experienced right-back Neville is confident 29-year-old Owen will benefit from his switch to Old Trafford ahead of next year's World Cup.

"I don't think Michael moved to United for England. He's moved to improve Manchester United," said Neville. "But the opportunity is there for him.

"It's difficult for me to suggest whether a player is going to get picked for a tournament next year. That will be up to the manager.

"But anyone who plays for United over a season has a great chance of getting into an international team, no matter whether it be England or any other country.

"It's a hard club to play for and if you are playing well and doing well, then you have a great chance."

Nailed-on

Neville, who has 85 caps to his name, also outlined his hope that he could also be named in the squad for South Africa after recently being called upon by Capello.

"I have an opportunity," he added. "There's still a long way to go for anyone who thinks they can be in the squad.

"There will be players who think they are nailed-on certainties and then an injury will occur. I like playing for England and want to be there.

"It's frustrating not winning anything with England and not getting to finals but there's still a chance there for me."
[/quote]

Okay, I was in the 'I don't hate Owen' camp but now the realisation that he will be a team mate of that weasel faced little cunt has hit then I'm beginning to feel differently

[quote author=Richey link=topic=34487.msg903695#msg903695 date=1247221609]
Okay, I was in the 'I don't hate Owen' camp but now the realisation that he will be a team mate of that weasel faced little cunt has hit then I'm beginning to feel differently
[/quote]

Watch when he scores his first goal. And you see him kiss the badge.
You 'll want to smash his skull in. I used to like Larsson until I saw him celebrate in the United shirt.

in training.........

Ryan-Giggs-Michael-Owen-Manchester-United-tra_2327265.jpg

Michael-Owen-Manchester-United-training-ball_2327260.jpg

Michael-Owen-Manchester-United-training_2327262.jpg

someone get a golf club to his head.. and smash those teeth.. the smiling cnut!

[quote author=jono@home link=topic=34487.msg903966#msg903966 date=1247260585]
in training.........

Ryan-Giggs-Michael-Owen-Manchester-United-tra_2327265.jpg

Michael-Owen-Manchester-United-training-ball_2327260.jpg

Michael-Owen-Manchester-United-training_2327262.jpg

someone get a golf club to his head.. and smash those teeth.. the smiling cnut!
[/quote]

Is that Giggs age.?....coz im pretty sure he's number 11!!! :p :p

This week especially ;)

Scum are in Malaysia next week for a friendly and the whole city is BUZZING about the Scum (which they have been for years anyway......MEN-CHERS-TUH BEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Stickers, shirts, caps, even wrist bands.

Very heavy saturation on TV; and I'm already going nuts with all the'Glory Glory' and United We Stand' on TV and radio.

FED UP.

Tho in fairnessm, it was worse last time they came; pricks caused chaos in the airport.

Its also exceedingly annoying because the Bukit Jalil stadium where the Scum are playing is only about 2 or so miles from me but we're playing a week after in Singapore which is about 200 miles away.

Still the closest I've ever been tho ;D

One thing I should add tho is that the buzz concerning Liverpool is definitely far stronger than before, tho I think that's because the Reds come here far less often.

Rafa considered Owen signing
Reds boss opted not to sign striker as he wouldn't get in team

By Richard Bailey Last updated: 12th July 2009

Owen: Benitez considered move

Rafa Benitez has revealed that he considered signing Michael Owen this summer but came to the conclusion that he would not command a regular first-team place.

The 29-year-old spent eight successful seasons at Anfield at the start of his career scoring 158 goals in all competitions.

However that has not stopped the striker from moving down the East Lancs Road to fiercest rivals Manchester United on a free transfer from Newcastle this summer.

Benitez admitted that he flirted with the idea of bringing the forward back to Liverpool but did not feel he would dislodge Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard up front.

"We had contact with different people and were analysing the situation," he told The People.

"But if you want to play Torres and Gerrard there is not always a lot of space for other players.

"When I brought back Robbie Fowler it was a different situation. We were looking for someone who could understand his role clearly and he was a good finisher.

"But we have a World Cup coming up and all the top players want to play. In his position it would be hard for Owen to play every week at Liverpool."
Replacements

The Spaniard is also confident he already has enough squad depth at his disposal to cope with any injuries to his preferred front pairing.

"We are confident in (Dirk) Kuyt, (Ryan) Babel, (David) Ngog and (Andriy) Voronin for next season. We have players with quality," he added.

"People say I might need another striker but I remember signing Robbie Keane and everyone was saying good things.

"Then after I sold Robbie people were saying I was short of strikers but we scored more goals than anyone in the Premier League."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom