• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=34487.msg904471#msg904471 date=1247392431]
This week especially 😉

Scum are in Malaysia next week for a friendly and the whole city is BUZZING about the Scum (which they have been for years anyway......MEN-CHERS-TUH BEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Stickers, shirts, caps, even wrist bands.

Very heavy saturation on TV; and I'm already going nuts with all the'Glory Glory' and United We Stand' on TV and radio.

FED UP.

Tho in fairnessm, it was worse last time they came; pricks caused chaos in the airport.

Its also exceedingly annoying because the Bukit Jalil stadium where the Scum are playing is only about 2 or so miles from me but we're playing a week after in Singapore which is about 200 miles away.

Still the closest I've ever been tho ;D

One thing I should add tho is that the buzz concerning Liverpool is definitely far stronger than before, tho I think that's because the Reds come here far less often.

[/quote]

At least we are beginning to hear YNWA on radio

The time will come when we will come true to our historic calling once again.

Come on you reds.

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=34487.msg904803#msg904803 date=1247455339]
The time will come when we will come true to our historic calling once again.

[/quote]

Pardon?

[quote author=Wilko7 link=topic=34487.msg904807#msg904807 date=1247457990]
[quote author=Y1 link=topic=34487.msg904803#msg904803 date=1247455339]
The time will come when we will BEcome true to our historic calling of being number one once again.

[/quote]

Pardon?
[/quote]

We will knock Man U off the perch.

Clearer now?

This week especially 😉

Scum are in Malaysia next week for a friendly and the whole city is BUZZING about the Scum (which they have been for years anyway......MEN-CHERS-TUH BEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Very heavy saturation on TV; and I'm already going nuts with all the'Glory Glory' and United We Stand' on TV and radio.

FED UP.

Tho in fairnessm, it was worse last time they came; pricks caused chaos in the airport.

Its also exceedingly annoying because the Bukit Jalil stadium where the Scum are playing is only about 2 or so miles from me but we're playing a week after in Singapore which is about 200 miles away.

One thing I should add tho is that the buzz concerning Liverpool is definitely far stronger than before, tho I think that's because the Reds come here far less often.

[/quote]

90% of Manc fans in this region only know 'Glory Glory' as their club anthem. Cunts.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=34487.msg905004#msg905004 date=1247491288]
No more signings. Do you believe him? I'll still expext them to sign Eto'o.
[/quote]

I don't believe him at all.
Not one bit.

[quote author=Stu link=topic=34487.msg905009#msg905009 date=1247492299]
[/quote]

Not one bit.
[/quote]

I'm taking this with a pinch of salt. I mean, even if they don't spend this summer, they have the January window and next summer to blow those loadsa cash Madrid have spunk on Ronaldo.

Their debts aside that is.

[quote author=Stu link=topic=34487.msg905009#msg905009 date=1247492299]
[/quote]

Not one bit.
[/quote]

I believe him, the loan they have to service is fucking huge.

Yes it is. However much of a fuss the media chose to make about our debt, it's smaller than theirs, the Chavs' and the Arse's.

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=34487.msg904557#msg904557 date=1247407301]
This week especially 😉

FED UP.

[/quote]

[/quote]

a radio station plays YNWA?!

Signing Eto'o would bring them right back into contention.

Surprised United have handed Owen one of their more glamorous numbers. I thought they'd save it for their new superstar, worldclass £50M signing...

Edit - Just seen Fergie's comments on the other thread. Great news!

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34487.msg905021#msg905021 date=1247494211]
[quote author=Y1 link=topic=34487.msg904557#msg904557 date=1247407301]
This week especially 😉

FED UP.

[/quote]

[/quote]

a radio station plays YNWA?!
[/quote]

Yup. As Liverpool is coming to Bangkok & Singapore with sold out capacity, the hype is catching on

[/quote]

I dont believe him to be honest......but if it happens that way I wont be surprised.....the difference between Rafa and Fuckface is that Ferguson will always give youth like Macheda and Welbeck a chance in the team. Not to say Rafa hasnt.....but I just never feel like any reserve/youth is going to make the step up (with the exception of Insua). I would love to see Pacheco and/or Nemeth given a chance this year. I dont think the mancs will be as strong this season but you can never count the bastards out of it

I'm Not Injury Prone - Manchester United Striker Michael Owen
The former Liverpool hitman has asserted that his injury problems have been exaggerated...
13 Jul 2009 13:12:10
How Much Am I Worth Now? Michael Owen outlines his importance to the Newcastle cause with another goal
Photo Gallery
Zoom
How Much Am I Worth Now? Michael Owen outlines his importance to the Newcastle cause with another goal
Related Links
Teams

* Man Utd.

Players

* Michael Owen

Michael Owen was unveiled as a Manchester United striker today at an official press conference
today and insisted that he is not injury prone.

"When people say I'm injury prone, that's what gets up my nose most if I'm honest, because I don't believe I am," he told reporters.

"I've played 32 and 33 games in the last two years, Newcastle weren't in Europe, we didn't have any long cup runs and there's only 38 games in a Premier League season, so I don't think it's that bad if I'm honest.

The former Real Madrid and Liverpool striker also told the press that there were more clubs interested in signing him.

"I can assure you more clubs were interested than the press would have you believe," he added.

"I didn't set the world alight in the last year at Newcastle, we wern't playing well as a team and I didn't do my bit.

"I'm hungry to do well, I'm as hungry as ever and I don't feel I need to prove that. I still believe I can do well in a top team, like Manchester United."

I AM NOT INJURY PRONE???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

His injury record certainly makes him a risk.

I remember a story from around the time that he returned from Spain. His injury record over there was very good, which was claimed to be due to the higher temperatures. Apparently the cold winters over here would have a detrimental effect on his leg muscles.

Let's hope it's a cold one.

I cant believe radio stations there play YNWA. Our radio stations wouldnt dream of it. Well maybe a golden oldies station once every month, but certainly not LFC related.

Weird.

It's actually quite rare, and it's probably just because of the tour.

But it's definitely LFC related; that song here is inextricably linked with LFC; here's very little knowledge about Carousel or even it's gospel roots.

I actually haven't heard it, but I suppose it would make a nice change from all the United rubbish on radio and TV.

8)

[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=34487.msg905331#msg905331 date=1247535820]

But it's definitely LFC related; that song here is inextricably linked with LFC; here's very little knowledge about Carousel or even it's gospel roots.

I actually haven't heard it, but I suppose it would make a nice change from all the United rubbish on radio and TV.

8)

[/quote]

It is on the hitz fm 4 to 8 slot, almost daily.

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=34487.msg905332#msg905332 date=1247536009]
[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=34487.msg905331#msg905331 date=1247535820]

8)

[/quote]

It is on the hitz fm 4 to 8 slot, almost daily.
[/quote]

The last time I heard it on radio was during the last United match. Red.fm even did a Manchester bands VS Liverpool bands slot.

The best memory of YNWA though was on TV after beating Chelsea and there was this show Jason Lo (that Chav) had to host. The production took the piss and aired YNWA instead of the intro song. The face on Lo's face when he appeared was PRICELESS!

Thanks,Mike.

Tho in all honesty, the only time I really love hearing it is during the game.

I actually prefer some other versions to Gerry Marsden.

Hmm.

Thread coming up.

RQ & Ave, we can sing in Singapore. I better print out the lyrics. Any other songs we can sing in Sing?

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=34487.msg905338#msg905338 date=1247536976]
I better print out the lyrics. Any other songs we can sing in Sing?
[/quote]

Better memorize it Mr.Chen. And I dont think the other fans would know of any other songs beside YNWA and the Torres bounce.

Fields of Anfield Road would be decent though, but I don't think Ring Of Fire would go down well among Scousers. The song's been used up to much ever since Istanbul I guess.

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=34487.msg905338#msg905338 date=1247536976]
RQ & Ave, we can sing in Singapore. I better print out the lyrics. Any other songs we can sing in Sing?
[/quote]

'Print out the lyrics'? 😱

;D

There'll be laods of people who don't know all the words tho; they'll be screaming their heads off to the chorus. ;D

FOAR is the best bet, probably.

I don't see a bunch of Malaysians and Singaporeans singing 'Poor Scouser Tommy'.

Explaining that song to the missus wasn't much fun.

'What's a Spion Kop'?

'It's a hill in South Africa where a famous battle took place during the Boer War; a lot of English soldiers killed were from Liverpool...so their valour is decorated..in fact there are loads of stadiums with stands named after the Kop'

'But I thought The Kop only referred to Liverpool?'

'Well,yes...sort of'

'So Tommy died fighting in the Boer War'

'No, he died fighting the Germans in World War 2'

'What?'

'Well the song talks about Nazi guns, and if it were the Boer War, the Spion Kop wouldnt have been named yet'

'Your club is confusing'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom