• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pay him what he wants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many left footed right wingers are there in football now that are promising, young and available? Seems like the hardest position to fill at the moment, compared to the left wing.
Whats this about Marco Assensio being a free agent in summer. At 27 he is not young but would be able to play another 3 years. He does score good goals when fielded by Real Madrid. The tabloids say he is on €4m and he is looking for good club that can sign him for free but on €6m wage. He could bring competition to Salah.

Nah - still wasn't feeling it. He still missed a couple of chances that he should have buried, and should have passed buttook the shot anyway.
This game doesn't change much.

He was better , just hoping the goal sparks a purple patch as in form Salah is a match winner and if we're going to make this season stick , we need the forwards to be performing and outputting like last night between now and the end of the season

Mo will still score but his inability to beat the first defender more and more has made him easier to neutralize for opposing teams.

I dont think mo is lacking in confidence but let's hope this goal spurs him on to push us onward as his goals, or lack thereof, will dictate our success over the next 4 months.

Mo will still score but his inability to beat the first defender more and more has made him easier to neutralize for opposing teams.

I dont think mo is lacking in confidence but let's hope this goal spurs him on to push us onward as his goals, or lack thereof, will dictate our success over the next 4 months.

As I've said before in this shite thread. Salah seems to be extremely undervalued by some sections of our fans. Its quite shocking tbh.

As I've said before in this shite thread. Salah seems to be extremely undervalued by some sections of our fans. Its quite shocking tbh.

What he did when the whole team was 'incredible' was unparalleled - even Stevie Wonder saw it.
What he's done - especially at his current salary - since Egypt lost to Senegal has at best, been average, and at worst, very disappointing, and well below what we need.
This season, when we need him the most and the team is well below average, he's just not been there nearly enough to carry us, which is what we expect from our best players ...

Honestly, it's surprising you can't see how most defenders push up on him really quickly now. He struggles to beat his man, as I said, and if he does, he's not been nearly as damaging in his finishing. That's why he's being pushed out of game more and more, and this is a problem considering that's what he's paid to do. I feel that any fan who thinks the Mo since Africa Cup of Nations is 'playing well' or 'undervalued' is living in la la land ... A player can be judged as a great - and still be criticized when he hits a really long patch of average form (for what we expect, and what he's paid to do). That's the reality, but if you want to look at it as black or white, that's your right ... I just prefer the grey.

His current pay is massively over valued.

Nobody is denying how good he’s been for us since joining. He’s been a sack of shit since last January. Add to that the mud slinging his agent has been doing. He can go to PSG for all I care.

“Sack of shit” seems a tad disrespectful - but he is a shadow of the player he was. Hope that goal kicks him into another gear but I’m not going to hold my breath.

What he did when the whole team was 'incredible' was unparalleled - even Stevie Wonder saw it.
What he's done - especially at his current salary - since Egypt lost to Senegal has at best, been average, and at worst, very disappointing, and well below what we need.
This season, when we need him the most and the team is well below average, he's just not been there nearly enough to carry us, which is what we expect from our best players ...

Honestly, it's surprising you can't see how most defenders push up on him really quickly now. He struggles to beat his man, as I said, and if he does, he's not been nearly as damaging in his finishing. That's why he's being pushed out of game more and more, and this is a problem considering that's what he's paid to do. I feel that any fan who thinks the Mo since Africa Cup of Nations is 'playing well' or 'undervalued' is living in la la land ... A player can be judged as a great - and still be criticized when he hits a really long patch of average form (for what we expect, and what he's paid to do). That's the reality, but if you want to look at it as black or white, that's your right ... I just prefer the grey.

You're missing the point, mate. I'm not saying he has been below par or that he hasn't struggled. He, like the rest of the team have been in a bad shape for most of the season. I think there are a lot of reasons for that but its quite obvious that he has been playing more out wide left, been further away from goal, lack of midfield, lack of pressing as a team, TAAs lack of form, Robbo out of form, several changes upfront, No Mane and last season taking its toll. You'd think he, like the rest of the team, cant have a bad season because of his salary. It doesn't work like that.
Still, for his worst season in a Liverpool shirt he still has 18 goals in February.

Now, my point in regards to the comments and this thread. People have extremely short memories about a player that has broken about 30 records in a Liverpool shirt. Thats why I'm saying he's undervalued. Not regarding this season isolated but as a Liverpool player.

We should obviously expect more from him. But he's 30 years old, never injured, an ambassador for the red shirt and can play at a top level for many years. There is no doubt that he'll be banging in even more goals once our team is rebuilt. We could see that yesterday that the chances come when the team plays better as a unit.

Reading the replies on here you'd think he was Ronaldo, 40 years old, toxic for dressing room and just collecting his paycheck.
Thats why its pointless.

You're missing the point, mate. I'm not saying he has been below par or that he hasn't struggled. He, like the rest of the team have been in a bad shape for most of the season. I think there are a lot of reasons for that but its quite obvious that he has been playing more out wide left, been further away from goal, lack of midfield, lack of pressing as a team, TAAs lack of form, Robbo out of form, several changes upfront, No Mane and last season taking its toll. You'd think he, like the rest of the team, cant have a bad season because of his salary. It doesn't work like that.
Still, for his worst season in a Liverpool shirt he still has 18 goals in February.

Now, my point in regards to the comments and this thread. People have extremely short memories about a player that has broken about 30 records in a Liverpool shirt. Thats why I'm saying he's undervalued. Not regarding this season isolated but as a Liverpool player.

We should obviously expect more from him. But he's 30 years old, never injured, an ambassador for the red shirt and can play at a top level for many years. There is no doubt that he'll be banging in even more goals once our team is rebuilt. We could see that yesterday that the chances come when the team plays better as a unit.

Reading the replies on here you'd think he was Ronaldo, 40 years old, toxic for dressing room and just collecting his paycheck.
Thats why its pointless.

I'm not sure how you see it - but I always thought the 'best player' on the pitch would be doing more when the team is struggling.
I get it - all these excuses etc - but Gerrard played in shit teams and he did what? Suarez? Torres? He's fucking world class - and unless you're saying he can only do what we saw pre Jan 2022 if the team is 100% on form, then I expect him to be doing *more* than what I've, and I'm sure you've, seen.

Again, it's not about "short memories" - it's about what I said earlier, "A player can be judged as a great - and still be criticized when he hits a really long patch of average form (for what we expect, and what he's paid to do)." ... Is Mo great? Yes. A club legend? Yup. Has he been ____ (Average? disappointing? Poor due to team?), and also allowed his agent to pull that shit, since Africa Cup of Nations? uh huh. What's the problem with analyzing the reality we're seeing?

As for the bolded bit - I think there's a chance there's a Coutinho type move with him if PSG really want him.
Not sure if it will work out but we need to invest 200+ million if we want to compete for top 4 next year ... and I can't see our owners spending it if we don't have an asset to sell (unless it's someone out of left field).

As for the last bit - I think people are frustrated with the contract saga and his agent, and he got that and yet, he's not doing what we'd expect from our best player, and please note, that doesn't take away from the fact he's a club legend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom