• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Opposition Tidbits

uTtzS16.jpg
So Sara is on to double his output from last year, Odegaard is about the same, Jesus is a but down and Martenelli is shit?

Not convinced Saka is world-class either yet. He's on the way, but he either needs to consistently showcase decent numbers over a longer period or have one year where his numbers go next level. Gomez demonstrated that Saka can be fully nullified with decent 1-1 defending.

My gut feeling is Arsenal overachieved last season - a lot of relatively young players had strong seasons, but there's always going to be bumps and inconsistency as they gain more experience in the PL. They are well-placed to be a feature in the CL for the next 4-5 years, but whether Arteta has the tactical nous and makes enough right decisions in the market to be able to compete against us and Peps City at the very top is questionable.

Arsenal generally do pretty well in the market, but signing Havertz instead of a striker or finisher is rightly coming under scrutiny and ultimately will cost them silverware this year.

Saka has developed into a player that dives, rolls around and seems more focused on that part of his game then developing the attacking play.
Feels like he has regressed a bit this season in all honesty. Shame we cant sign him as Klopp would have developed him into one helluva player.

Needs to stop with the non football related stuff on the pitch.

Is Saka a Ronaldo or a Sterling? I guess that's the benchmark these days. Or is a Ronaldo comparison never fair on anyone?

Well it is really. Sterling is limited, not world class, which is what people are saying Saka is.

I get that, he's not 'world class' but that describes the top 5 forwards in the world at any one time. Sterling has been exceptional throughout a long career that is not yet done

Saka is not world class. He may hit that height but I think you'd get good odds on the possibility

He's 22 mate. I'll be surprised if he doesn't dominate the league in a couple of years time
He's very good - but I'm definitely not seeing that level. If you want to see a world-class winger-goal scorer then the guy at the top of the scoring charts is still the best in the PL at 31 years old.

At his peak Sterling was very near world-class - he was a completely unique profile that had defenders flummoxed. Don’t think it’s a demeaning comparison for Saka.

It depends on whether you’re using the Dreamie definition of World Class - if you are then half the league’s world class.

not really anything to do with the premier league but i couldn’t find the European thread to resurrect it

Dani Alves has been in prison a year tomorrow, totally forgot he existed. Must be quite the shock.

not really anything to do with the premier league but i couldn’t find the European thread to resurrect it

Dani Alves has been in prison a year tomorrow, totally forgot he existed. Must be quite the shock.
Has he? I thought he'd yet to stand trial even!

So not in prison

Former Brazil and Barcelona defender Dani Alves' trial in Spain for alleged sexual assault has been set for 5-7 February 2024.
Alves, 40, has been in prison without bail since he was arrested in January over an allegation he assaulted a woman in a Barcelona nightclub last year.

City getting sanctioned and then him getting disqualified from working in the game shortly after taking over would be too good to be true - funny as fuck if it happened.

Probably a nice change of pace for them though, it’s usually sexual offences they have issues with

City getting sanctioned and then him getting disqualified from working in the game shortly after taking over would be too good to be true - funny as fuck if it happened.
You know what, I’d love it if that happened, love it!

Back
Top Bottom