• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Players by Club going to the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
As officially announced. I'll update this as countries announce their squads. Please give me a dig in the ribs if I miss one!

CONFIRMED SQUADS (17/32): Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Cameroon, Costa Rica, Denmark (21/26), England, France, Germany, Japan, Morocco, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, Wales, United States.

I've included a few certainties but from the top teams we are waiting on Argentina, Spain and Portugal.

UPDATES

LIVERPOOL (6)
Becker, Fabs, Konate, Trent, Hendo, Nunez,

CITY (12)
Stones, Philips, Grealish, Foden, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Cancelo, Rodri, Dias, Laporte, Alvarez, Silva,

SPURS (7)
Richarlison, Højbjerg, Loris, Perisic, Walker, Dier, Kane,

ARSENAL (6)
Tomiyasu, Jesus, Martinelli, Saliba, White, Saka,

UNITED (11)
Casemiro, Fred, Antony, Eriksen, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, Ronaldo, Fernandes, Dalot

CHELSEA (8)
Thiago Silva, Kovacic, Pulisic, Mount, Gallagher, Sterling, Havertz,

NEWCASTLE (3)
Trippier, Wilson, Guimaraes,

Lovren, Mignolet & Shaqiri are all going too !

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact Brazil have decided to take Richarlison, Fabinho and Thiago Silva suggests their manager doesn't watch much premier league football

Richarlison has 7 goals in his last 6 games for Brazil. His place in the squad was pretty safe.
Fabinho while out of form is the only other DM they have bar Casemiro in the squad. Not sure who else they could have picked and as a manager I'd want the player that has been in the national set up rather than someone new. His form is on the up as well and his quality is without question.

Sadio was subbed after 20 mins in the game against Werder Bremen today. Looked like a muscle injury, calf area.

Reece James wont be going to Qatar according to SKY. Trent is a certain to be included, sadly. Squad announced tomorrow.

L’equipe report that Sadio Mané will MISS the World Cup
:-(
I saw that earlier today but I think it's bull. Bayern said that the injury wasn't too bad and you know how certain national teams operate, they might gamble on Mané anyway.

Yeah, this was reported yesterday:

Initially, fears were allayed when Bayern Munich assistant coach Dino Toppmoeller said Mane's leg injury was not "too serious" and he should be fit in time for the World Cup in Qatar.
"Sadio Mane was hit on the leg, which caused him a little nerve pain. Nothing too serious and his participation in the World Cup should not be in jeopardy," Toppmoeller told reporters.

Hopefully he's fit for the WC. One of the main attractions imho and would be a shame for him and Senegal.

I saw that earlier today but I think it's bull. Bayern said that the injury wasn't too bad and you know how certain national teams operate, they might gamble on Mané anyway.

"certain teams"

vur2f.jpg

"certain teams"

vur2f.jpg

Oh I'm most definitely. Senegal took Ismaila Sarr to the AFCON injured. Keita and Guinea etc.
So I think Senegal will look to patch him up the best they can and hope they make the semi's or something, best case.
But, from the video...it doesn't look that bad.

Yeah, this was reported yesterday:

Initially, fears were allayed when Bayern Munich assistant coach Dino Toppmoeller said Mane's leg injury was not "too serious" and he should be fit in time for the World Cup in Qatar.
"Sadio Mane was hit on the leg, which caused him a little nerve pain. Nothing too serious and his participation in the World Cup should not be in jeopardy," Toppmoeller told reporters.

Hopefully he's fit for the WC. One of the main attractions imho and would be a shame for him and Senegal.
On side note as his names being mentioned.

I love the guy but we have to move on, and I'd like the Georgian

Not too sure about that, they both seem to be fit in time for the world cup.
James has zero chance of making it at all and Walker won't be ready for the group stages. Trent will, unfortunately, be on that plane.

Trent has arguably gotten worse since he was last dropped by England. He's getting skinned by mediocre wingers in almost every game.

I don't think Gareth will take him.

I hope not. He would have much more benefit of staying home, training and getting some much needed rest so he can return to the great player we know he can be.

Trent has arguably gotten worse since he was last dropped by England. He's getting skinned by mediocre wingers in almost every game.

I don't think Gareth will take him.

Course he's going to take him, with James out and Walker 50/50 add onto that all the pressure from the media to take him....he's going to buckle and opt for the easy choice
which is to take him.

If Trent is not selected in 26 man squad (2 more than usual squads) with 2 of the main competition injured then he should retire from int football under Southgate.

Looks like Son is going despite being currently injured.

If i was southgate i wouldn't take trent. He doesn't fit the miserable, anti-fun football southgate likes.

Plus, trents been fucking shit.

Trippier and walker i'd imagine. If walker is not fit, theres an outside chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom