• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Players by Club going to the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the conesus was that whoever took it had dumped it in the pond, probably on hearing what my grandad was planning. You see had thing found on a person, the idea would be that it bang on top of his head until he was dead or the spell is broken. Luckily it never got to that point but the poor seeker bloke who was dragged with the bowl could have drowned in the pond.

Flippin eck !
Scarey :eek:

You know what - that might be enough for me to secretly support Uruguay for the World Cup.

Secretly, because I’m not sure how the jinxy gods are viewing the World Cup.

I hope an unheralded underdog wins it.

For reference - England isn’t an unheralded underdog… Wales on the other hand….
I'd love to see a new World Cup winner, a nation that hasn't won it before.

²
I'd love to see a new World Cup winner, a nation that hasn't won it before.
Well it's been so long for England, and Uruguay, if they win it it would be like a new nation winning it. Bit like the way we do player contract extensions these days like making it look like a new signing.

If I wanted a new nation to win it it would be South Korea, or an African team.

Hmmm if it was to be a new nation winning it then it'd have to be one where it would mean something so Belgium because I have a connection and because they've blown multiple chances, NL because I have a connection and because they blew their chance with one of the best teams I've ever seen vs Argentina, or Mexico where the country would go deliriously nuts for months !

²

Well it's been so long for England, and Uruguay, if they win it it would be like a new nation winning it. Bit like the way we do player contract extensions these days like making it look like a new signing.

If I wanted a new nation to win it it would be South Korea, or an African team.
That's true, would be nice if England or Uruguay win it

You, @Modo , @bluebell , and @i_rushie - you guys have kind of scared and spooked me out with those responses, hopefully you are taking the piss, but that sort of thing scares me. Many years ago in the early 80's - I had to go back to Bangladesh for an event, was only about 7 or 9 I think. Anyway I lost my watch, was feeling very sad, and my grandad thought "Dont' worry we have methods to find these things...". Then comes these two blokes, and the whole village is excited. The bloke gets out this golden Bowl like thing - you know the sort of thing you have in a Balti Chicken in these days, but this one had no handles. Then one bloke puts is right into it, and the other bloke chants something and blows on his had. Then this happens:

1) The bowl starts to vibrate on its own against the ground with he mans hand in it
2) It starts moving on the ground - with the bloke still with his hand in it - its not dragging him, he is hunched over just following it.
3) Eventually after nearly 6 to 7 mins the bowl goes straight for the local pond and the man is being taken down into it - probably going to drown when the rest of the vilagers are trying to pull him out - takes about 3 blokes before the other geezer comes along and does a chant of some kind and bowl comes out drops from the mans hand.

The whole incident had me traumatized for years as a child - but from what I remember I was told that the bloke was being dragged along the path that the watch was taken to where it was lost, if it had found it on a person then it would go travel to the top of that persons head and start banging on it !!! Fuck me grandad - it was only a £5 watch !!!
So is your grandad pissed of at Naby and Melo?

Not going to Portugal..

The Portuguese Football Federation has announced that Liverpool midfielder Fabio Carvalho has informed them of his decision to “give up” representing the country of his birth at under-21 level.
Carvalho was called up for Portugal U21s’ upcoming internationals with Czech Republic and Japan.

However, in a statement released on Monday evening, it was revealed that Carvalho had told the federation that he did not wish to continue representing Portugal at that level.
Fabio Carvalho informed the Portuguese Football Federation, through some SMS messages, that he does not intend to continue representing Portugal at the under-21 level,” the statement read.
“This decision by the player was communicated after the call-up for the preparation games with Czech Republic and Japan was known.”
Carvalho remains eligible to play for England, and represented the Three Lions up to under-18’s level, before swapping to Portugal in March of this year.
Since then, he has played four matches for Portugal U21s, with two goals and two assists in those games.
Last month, it was also reported that Carvalho had been selected in Fernando Santos’ provisional Portugal senior squad for the World Cup, but he did not make the final 26.

The tug-of-war is likely to continue until he commits himself at senior level, but this could be an indication that he has now made the decision to play for England.
Should that be the case, it will be interesting to see whether he is selected to play for the Three Lions’ U21s side in the near future, with Liverpool team-mates Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Tyler Morton also involved with Lee Carsley’s squad in the past 12 months.
Carvalho has made 16 appearances for Liverpool since joining the club from Fulham in the summer. He has played the majority of his football on the left-side of the Reds’ attack, with his standout moment being the dramatic stoppage time winner he scored against Newcastle in August.

Not going to Portugal..

The Portuguese Football Federation has announced that Liverpool midfielder Fabio Carvalho has informed them of his decision to “give up” representing the country of his birth at under-21 level.
Carvalho was called up for Portugal U21s’ upcoming internationals with Czech Republic and Japan.

However, in a statement released on Monday evening, it was revealed that Carvalho had told the federation that he did not wish to continue representing Portugal at that level.
Fabio Carvalho informed the Portuguese Football Federation, through some SMS messages, that he does not intend to continue representing Portugal at the under-21 level,” the statement read.
“This decision by the player was communicated after the call-up for the preparation games with Czech Republic and Japan was known.”
Carvalho remains eligible to play for England, and represented the Three Lions up to under-18’s level, before swapping to Portugal in March of this year.
Since then, he has played four matches for Portugal U21s, with two goals and two assists in those games.
Last month, it was also reported that Carvalho had been selected in Fernando Santos’ provisional Portugal senior squad for the World Cup, but he did not make the final 26.

The tug-of-war is likely to continue until he commits himself at senior level, but this could be an indication that he has now made the decision to play for England.
Should that be the case, it will be interesting to see whether he is selected to play for the Three Lions’ U21s side in the near future, with Liverpool team-mates Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Tyler Morton also involved with Lee Carsley’s squad in the past 12 months.
Carvalho has made 16 appearances for Liverpool since joining the club from Fulham in the summer. He has played the majority of his football on the left-side of the Reds’ attack, with his standout moment being the dramatic stoppage time winner he scored against Newcastle in August.

He seems a good lad with a sound head but bit of a mess he’s got himself into, surely would have been simpler for him to remain with England.

Not going to Portugal..

What the article isn't mentioning, is that Fabs doesn't have an English passport, although he'd probably get one pretty easily. I mean if you've seen any interview with the kid, you'll notice that he's more English than Portuguese.

Last edited:
He seems a good lad with a sound head but bit of a mess he’s got himself into, surely would have been simpler for him to remain with England.

Sounds more like he was promised something when agreeing to switch to Portugal and that hasnt been fulfilled.
A call up to the national team etc.

Will it make a difference to our squad nationality restrictions if he declares for England?

Will it make a difference to our squad nationality restrictions if he declares for England?

Don’t think it matters - he’s classified as homegrown regardless of who he chooses to play for internationally.

Fun facts :

Eric Dier has to be registered as an overseas player despite being born in England and playing for the English national team - because he moved to Portugal aged 7 and didn’t return until he was 20 - and so couldn’t meet the criteria for being registered as a homegrown player.

Cristiano Ronaldo, on the other hand is registered as a homegrown player in England because he does meet the criteria.

Don’t think it matters - he’s classified as homegrown regardless of who he chooses to play for internationally.

Fun facts :

Eric Dier has to be registered as an overseas player despite being born in England and playing for the English national team - because he moved to Portugal aged 7 and didn’t return until he was 20 - and so couldn’t meet the criteria for being registered as a homegrown player.

Cristiano Ronaldo, on the other hand is registered as a homegrown player in England because he does meet the criteria.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fun

The no. of players missing WC has got to one of the highest

2240.jpg

Honestly, this kinda kills the whole spectacle for me. I was really looking forward to watching him play.
Fuck Senegal, they had a huge part to play in him leaving because they didn’t understand a turn of phrase and wouldn’t listen to reason. Delighted.

A survey conducted in Senegal had 85% wanting Mane to leave Liverpool last season after the fuckwits thought Klopp saying ‘oh and that small comp in Africa’ when talking about fixture conjestion. Commonly used in the English language to mean the exact opposite and idiots used that to blast Klopp and LFC for disrespecting Africa, Mane and Senegal. I’ve zero doubt it played a big part in him deciding to fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom