• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Players by Club going to the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed.

"Per source, Senegal 'searching for horse placenta' with Sadio Mané injury. Chances of featuring at #WorldCup rated at "5%". Aliou Cissé names 26-man squad (already decided but players not yet told) Friday, so willing to wait as talisman undergoes further tests.

If i was southgate i wouldn't take trent. He doesn't fit the miserable, anti-fun football southgate likes.

Plus, trents been fucking shit.

Trippier and walker i'd imagine. If walker is not fit, theres an outside chance.
Walker, Trippier, Ben White all can play wing back and RCB.

And haven't been playing like absolute mongs lately.

If Gareth has any balls whatsoever, he won't take Trent.

UPDATES

LIVERPOOL
Becker, Fabs, Konate

SPURS
Richarlison, Højbjerg, Loris, Perisic,

ARSENAL
Tomiyasu, Jesus, Martinelli, Saliba

UNITED
Casemiro, Fred, Antony, Eriksen, Verane

CHELSEA
Thiago Silva, Kovacic, Pulisic,

Lovren & Shaqiri are both going too !

England Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Newcastle), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal).

Defenders: Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Kyle Walker (Man City), Ben White (Arsenal), Harry Maguire (Man Utd), John Stones (Man City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Conor Coady (Everton, on loan from Wolves), Luke Shaw (Man Utd).

Midfielders: Declan Rice (West Ham), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Kalvin Phillips (Man City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Mason Mount (Chelsea).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Callum Wilson (Newcastle), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Man City), James Maddison (Leicester City).

Shame for Joemez. I know his performances have been, how shall we say, mixed, but he's not as shit as Harry Maguire and I wouldn't say Eric Dier has been any better.

Kalvin Phillips hasn't kicked a ball in months, has he?

Trent's fortunate James got injured. No chance he would be there otherwise. Madison deserves his inclusion.

With Trippier and Walker in the squad my guess is that Trent will only get a few short cameos off the bench, or start the last group game if England are already qualified.

Trent's fortunate James got injured. No chance he would be there otherwise. Madison deserves his inclusion.

I think he would have been going regardless,it’s increased 26 man squad this time and Trent is not the only one woefully out of form at the moment. Some of the others lile Dier and Harry have been out of form for years you could say…

Harry Kane is gonna either get injured during the WC or be insanely shite when he returns. He has played 26 games since June and only missed parts of one game so far for Spurs. Had to play yesterday against Forest because of other injuries but had to be subbed after 59 mins. Had to pull out of training earlier in the week because of fatigue. And thats before the WC.

The fixture list before this tournament has been horrendous for some teams. Its gonna be injuries galore for some Premier league players I reckon.

Harry Kane is gonna either get injured during the WC or be insanely shite when he returns. He has played 26 games since June and only missed parts of one game so far for Spurs. Had to play yesterday against Forest because of other injuries but had to be subbed after 59 mins. Had to pull out of training earlier in the week because of fatigue. And thats before the WC.

The fixture list before this tournament has been horrendous for some teams. Its gonna be injuries galore for some Premier league players I reckon.

Kane has been run into the ground. Conte has done this with the whole team, and will pay for it in the 2nd half of the season. This is England, not Italian slow mo football.

Came on to say this, I haven't been following but there must be a better option, like someone who played some games. Loyalty isn't always a good thing.

we should be glad jacob ramsey isn't on the plane.
at least we have a chance
if connor gallagher doesn't get games at chelsea after being in the squad, that might also be good for us if we want him next summer

Mods : Can you make the OP editable again? Cheers.

As officially announced. I'll update this as countries announce their squads. Please give me a dig in the ribs if I miss one!

CONFIRMED SQUADS (22/32): Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Cameroon, Costa Rica, Denmark (21/26), England, France, Germany, Japan, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Senegal, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Wales, United States, Uruguay

I've included a few certainties below but from the top teams we are still waiting on Argentina and Spain.

UPDATES

LIVERPOOL (6)
Becker, Fabs, Konate, Trent, Hendo, Nunez,

CITY (12)
Stones, Philips, Grealish, Foden, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Cancelo, Rodri, Dias, Laporte, Alvarez, Silva,

SPURS (7)
Richarlison, Højbjerg, Loris, Perisic, Walker, Dier, Kane,

ARSENAL (6)
Tomiyasu, Jesus, Martinelli, Saliba, White, Saka,

UNITED (11)
Casemiro, Fred, Antony, Eriksen, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, Ronaldo, Fernandes, Dalot

CHELSEA (9)
Thiago Silva, Kovacic, Pulisic, Mount, Gallagher, Sterling, Havertz, Azpilicueta,

NEWCASTLE (6)
Trippier, Wilson, Pope, Guimaraes, Botman, Schar,

Lovren, Mignolet, Seb Coates, Suarez & Shaqiri are all going too !

Last edited:
Came on to say this, I haven't been following but there must be a better option, like someone who played some games. Loyalty isn't always a good thing.

It's completely retarded but it's Southgate so

The fact that he has overlooked Joe Gomez is shocking - yeah he had one really bad game away at Napoli, but in games like City he was faultless. Plus he has pace and if we need pace at RB he could play there if Walker is not good enough after the long injury. Fuck me I know some of you on here think he is shit, but come on, he has been much better than that fat Manc player.

The fact that he has overlooked Joe Gomez is shocking - yeah he had one really bad game away at Napoli, but in games like City he was faultless. Plus he has pace and if we need pace at RB he could play there if Walker is not good enough after the long injury. Fuck me I know some of you on here think he is shit, but come on, he has been much better than that fat Manc player.

The only point of Joe Gomez being in the England squad again, would be to hasten either their exit or his next i jury… and I don’t mind Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom