• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poch sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see Spurs being able to afford the kinda money Mourinho would want to rebuild the team etc. Would they risk that sort of investment after his stint at Utd?

There doesn't seem to be that many pundits, journalists or Spurs fans who think this is a good move. They seem almost bereaved.

That's a lot of pressure for Levy and the next manager to deal with.

Harry Redknapp is probably spamming Levy's phone as we speak.

Or shouting 'Oi, Daniel, giz a job' at his front door through the open window of his car.

We won't get any good Spurs player who has time left on his contract. They'd ask for insane money and rightly so.

Maureen's people and Spurs have confirmed he's in talks and that they are not far from striking a deal.

Reactions: dee
Everyone knows that long-term Maureen is a car crash, unfortunately short term and with a decent squad he can win shit.

I think he's burned out the squad. He seems physically and emotionally draining. I reckon he's fed up of Levy too. He's a very good manager but he seems a bit of a dick and has lost the players I reckon.

There's a marked difference between how he and Klopp reacted to losing Champions League finals. Klopp told the players they'd be back and then went and got pissed with a load of fans. Pochettino sulked in Spain for a month. Kind of irrelevant to today's news, just a reminder of how great Klopp is.

It is probably good for manager and the players - but I think with the stadium they have and the fact that they recently go to a CL final means they can attract some top class managers. Most likely be Ancelotti if Napoli are having all those problems - I think he would be their number one target. Not sure about Rafa though.

Rafa would make a lot of sense (except for his own wages given he's raking it in China) as he's got PL experience and after being in Newcastle knows how to work with a collection-plate budget. For that same reason (ie. budget) is that i don't see Mourinho getting the job, as he is going to demand being able to splash the cash. It would be really puzzling if Levy opened the coffers for Jose after not doing it for Poch.

Overall i think he did a very good job at Spurs despite not winning any trophies. Hopefully he goes to another league and not take over an Arsenal or United where he could spend money. Spain would seem like an obvious landing spot given there's no language barrier and not sure if that would be the reason he would not be considered for the Bayern job.

Player burn out could be the reason as to why they have performed poorly this season.

Then unfortunate thing for Pochettino is that he was able to bring in new faces this season.

However, majority of the players who have been brought in have barely played due to injures:

• Sessengon
  • Le Celso
  • Ndombele has also been in and out
Having said that - Klopp didn't bring in any big signings and we are still performing... which indicates to me something's happened behind the scenes with Poch & squad

Basically Pochettino and a bunch of players figured they’d done as much as they could at Spurs but didn’t get their moves so stayed and presumably the mood is not great as a result.

Strange. Would never have imagined Mourinho at Spurs.

Think he’ll do well with that team though.

Well... I guess we’ll find out just how special Jose is - back at a club without access to massive stacks of cash that has to sell to buy top quality.

I’ll bet Son & Deli Ali are looking forwards to their role slightly in front of the Full Backs in that 8-1-1 attacking formation Jose loves.

Harry the Mong can look forward to a lonely existence upfront while he chases after balls pumped up to him from just in front of the CB’s.

Anyway....

Fuck Spurs

Mourinho would be the most un-spursy manager ever...

Just hoping Poch doesn't go to United now .

I don't think they've got much to lose by giving a Mourinho a short term contract. He seems rejuvenated as a pundit and far less miserable than he was at United.

Poch has been waiting for the pay off for a while now and whilst he's clearly a great manager, I don't think he's covered himself in glory over the last six months. There's no denying he needed support in moving players on and freshening up the squad, but he's clearly been sulking for a while now and the players are no longer inspired by him to put in the work rate needed to make his system work. Klopp knows the players need belief in him and his football to run through walls for him. Keeping that bond is just essential for this high intensity football. Without that, everything Poch stands for has fallen apart.

My main concern is United take advantage and make a move for Kane. He would go someway to making them competitive again.

Levy banking on Mourinho's reputation to persuade the "contract rebels" into staying and getting them back on form?

Odd decision.
He's clearly a good manager, but there must have been a breakdown in his relationship with the squad.

Why else would you sack him ?

In the 4 years, he has been ion charge his net spend is 17th out of the 20 teams in the top flight, they should defo have invested this summer and this has caused ructions clearly...

Stupid move by Spurs IMO...

Which is delightful...

Cos that stadium was very very expensive...

and they ain't gonna make top 4

Looooovely.....

Bayern have confirmed that Herr Flick will be in charge for the foreseeable future (when he's not looking for the fallen Madonna with the big boobies, of course), so I reckon they'll keep him as interim for a while and then maybe go for Poch.

Mourinho to Spurs seems a very strange move. The players are fed up with the way they've been micro managed and worked hard, and then you bring in someone similar.
Short term it might be a decent move and could see them being close to getting 4th, But long term, as we all know, it could be a car crash.
If they dont sustain regular CL football, as I suspect they have taken account for in their future budgets, then that stadium debt could be crippling.

Confirmed now:

Jose Mourinho appointed Tottenham head coach

Former Chelsea and Manchester United boss replaces Mauricio Pochettino, who was sacked on Tuesday

Last Updated: 20/11/19 6:38am
skysports-jose-mourinho-football_4703559.jpg

Jose Mourinho has been appointed as the new Tottenham head coach until the end of the 2023 season.
The former Manchester United and Chelsea boss replaces Mauricio Pochettino, who was sacked on Tuesday.

Negotiations between Spurs and Mourinho - who had been out of work since leaving Old Trafford in December - intensified over the last few days and concluded in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

His first game will be at the London Stadium on Saturday as Spurs travel to take on West Ham in the Premier League.
Pochettino left Tottenham with the club 14th in the Premier League and having won just five matches all season.
Chairman Daniel Levy said he was "reluctant" to sack the Argentine, but explained the decision had to be made in the "club's best interests".

Soooooooooo, given the timing of it all, Mourinho clearly peacock dances at Levy who rushed about to get poch out the door and Mourinho in within 6 hours , all outside of the working day.

Impressive and snakey in equal measures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom