• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Ludo-regrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's possible but, at some point, dressing room politics becomes a factor. Putting some guy on 100k more than anyone else is a potentially huge issue.

11 players on 5 ... so so disappointing.

B3ZgvP9CQAAcxn8.png

The worst thing about LTW's picture above is that; not only was it 11 v 5 in our box but the 5 Ludo players were probably all under 6ft tall and yet they won 2 decisive headers.

All the more starting to Look like Rodgers has thrown the summer buys under the bus now.

Moreno and Can where not selected, with Lallana sitting on the bench. Both Markovic & Lovren unable to make the bench and left out the side.

According to Rodgers, Gerrard was excellent and ran more last night that in any game since 2009. I don't know about that as It looked like to me he couldn't move in the last 20 minutes, but that being said, he did have one of his better games..

This and his post match comments Rodgers, has reached Hodgson levels of ridiculousness now.

Unusually apposite from Cascarino here:

Tony Cascarino
Last updated at 12:01AM, November 27 2014

Another Liverpool game, another Liverpool mistake. In Sofia last night, it was Simon Mignolet at fault for the goal that gave Ludogorets the lead. It is not the first time this season that the finger of blame has pointed at the Belgium goalkeeper, but that hardly makes him unique. Dejan Lovren, Glen Johnson, Martin Skrtel, Mamadou Sakho and Kolo Touré have all been castigated at one point or another, too.

It is almost like there is a pattern emerging, almost like Liverpool’s inability to keep a clean sheet is not to do with their individual quality at all, but instead rooted in flaws in their collective structure.

Perhaps there would not be an issue if the problem was at the other end. There has been no debate, no mystery about why Aston Villa have not scored goals this season. Put simply, they are not set up to do so: they defend too deep, they cede possession, they try to strike on the counter. You simply cannot be prolific in those circumstances.

What is afflicting Liverpool is just the same. They cannot stop conceding goals because they are not set up to do so. To attribute their problems to a convenient succession of individual mistakes is a red herring. The issue runs deeper, all the way back to Brendan Rodgers.

Liverpool are a vending machine of a side: you’re always likely to get some change out of them. They are a team who continually give their opponents chances. Whether those opportunities are taken is a different matter, but they are always on offer. Liverpool always look vulnerable.

Is that a personnel issue? Are their defenders not good enough? That is the traditional interpretation, but it does not stand up to scrutiny. There is a reason that it does not matter who Rodgers puts in his back four. There is a reason that he can slot in Touré for Lovren or Sakho for Skrtel and it will not make a blind bit of difference.

That is because there is a far bigger problem than the names on the teamsheet: a chronic dysfunction in the system. Liverpool are a deeply average team without the ball. The midfield let runners go, they get caught on the turn, they miss tackles. The defence is not exactly top-class, of course, but they are made to look even worse by how little cover that they are offered.

They make mistakes because they are given so many chances to make mistakes.

All of this was true last season, even while the goals of Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge disguised it, and it cost Liverpool dearly. They could not keep a clean sheet in the two most crucial games of the campaign — against Chelsea and Crystal Palace — and that denied them the Barclays Premier League title.

Rodgers has neglected to address that weakness, and in doing so he has revealed his shortcomings. His team give goals and games away. If he wishes to have a prolonged career at an elite club, that has to change. He has to show he is capable of crafting a side who are difficult to beat, of tightening up a defence, of drilling his midfield to give them cover. His failure is costing Liverpool. Continuing to ignore it, hoping it will change, would be the biggest mistake of all.

Unusually apposite from Cascarino here:

Tony Cascarino
Last updated at 12:01AM, November 27 2014

Another Liverpool game, another Liverpool mistake. In Sofia last night, it was Simon Mignolet at fault for the goal that gave Ludogorets the lead. It is not the first time this season that the finger of blame has pointed at the Belgium goalkeeper, but that hardly makes him unique. Dejan Lovren, Glen Johnson, Martin Skrtel, Mamadou Sakho and Kolo Touré have all been castigated at one point or another, too.

It is almost like there is a pattern emerging, almost like Liverpool’s inability to keep a clean sheet is not to do with their individual quality at all, but instead rooted in flaws in their collective structure.

Perhaps there would not be an issue if the problem was at the other end. There has been no debate, no mystery about why Aston Villa have not scored goals this season. Put simply, they are not set up to do so: they defend too deep, they cede possession, they try to strike on the counter. You simply cannot be prolific in those circumstances.

What is afflicting Liverpool is just the same. They cannot stop conceding goals because they are not set up to do so. To attribute their problems to a convenient succession of individual mistakes is a red herring. The issue runs deeper, all the way back to Brendan Rodgers.

Liverpool are a vending machine of a side: you’re always likely to get some change out of them. They are a team who continually give their opponents chances. Whether those opportunities are taken is a different matter, but they are always on offer. Liverpool always look vulnerable.

Is that a personnel issue? Are their defenders not good enough? That is the traditional interpretation, but it does not stand up to scrutiny. There is a reason that it does not matter who Rodgers puts in his back four. There is a reason that he can slot in Touré for Lovren or Sakho for Skrtel and it will not make a blind bit of difference.

That is because there is a far bigger problem than the names on the teamsheet: a chronic dysfunction in the system. Liverpool are a deeply average team without the ball. The midfield let runners go, they get caught on the turn, they miss tackles. The defence is not exactly top-class, of course, but they are made to look even worse by how little cover that they are offered. They make mistakes because they are given so many chances to make mistakes.

All of this was true last season, even while the goals of Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge disguised it, and it cost Liverpool dearly. They could not keep a clean sheet in the two most crucial games of the campaign — against Chelsea and Crystal Palace — and that denied them the Barclays Premier League title.

Rodgers has neglected to address that weakness, and in doing so he has revealed his shortcomings. His team give goals and games away. If he wishes to have a prolonged career at an elite club, that has to change. He has to show he is capable of crafting a side who are difficult to beat, of tightening up a defence, of drilling his midfield to give them cover. His failure is costing Liverpool. Continuing to ignore it, hoping it will change, would be the biggest mistake of all.

He is only pointing out, what most Liverpool already now. Decent article all the same..

Yes. Although seeing as 'most Liverpool fans' seem obsessed with Mingolet and/or Lovren, as if replacing them will solve much, it's still worth citing to broaden the issue out.

I said in the match thread last night that my sympathies for Brendan have gone after that performance. The game was there to be won in the second half with the introduction of Coutinho or Lallana or both. Instead he let two thritysomethings run themselves into the ground for 90 minutes. As Ryan said 100M of his signings left on the bench.

Yes. Although seeing as 'most Liverpool fans' seem obsessed with Mingolet and/or Lovren, as if replacing them will solve much, it's still worth citing to broaden the issue out.

It is clearly a coaching issue.. this is my gripe with Rodgers, that he is cleary not addressing..

I cannot beleive for one minute (although I have being saying otherwise I admit) that we have spent 120 million on Dross, we cannot be that unlucky, surely ?.. It has to be the coaching methods.. It is evident from last season and the season before these problems have not been addressed. We are only now getting found out because we are not playing the fancy fluid football we where last season..

If you pay up they wold have come.

Rather than 3 players on £70k per week you could have gone for a £250k week player.

I have no doubt despite what Sanchez said if you had offered him £250k per week he would be quite happily living in Liverpool now with a helicopter on stand by to bring the missus to London
Just because ye cunts done it with Rooney,Di Maria and Falcoa it doesn't make it the right thing to do.
Believe it or not.

Just because ye cunts done it with Rooney,Di Maria and Falcoa it doesn't make it the right thing to do.
Believe it or not.

Sadly he is right...

Watching Sanchez last night, made me think he would of just slotted right in.. A player like that would of made a huge differance..

He is Suarez type player.. phenominal work-rate, he lifts everyone around him.. The ideal replacment.. That and the lack of Rodgers decent Coaching methods is what is missing from this side this season..

Sadly he is right...

Watching Sanchez last night, made me think he would of just slotted right in.. A player like that would of made a huge differance..

He is Suarez type player.. he lifts everyone around him.. The ideal replacment.. That and the lack of Rodgers decent Coaching methods is what is missing from this side this season..
Where did I say Sanchez isn't a top player?
He was the player I wanted the most during the summer.
We don't pay those wages so what's the point of even entertaining the idea?
The only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that we held an ace regarding Suarez.
We should have said 40 million plus Sanchez or no deal take it or leave it and stand firm.
But with the media circus surrounding Suarez the yanks just wanted to wash their hands of him.

Sadly he is right...

No he isn't. Players have snubbed the mancs because of a desire to live elsewhere. Ronaldinho reportedly was one of them. It's a typical contemporary presumption that you'll get who you want if you offer enough but that just isn't the case. Sanchez wouldn't have come here no matter what we might have felt we could offer.

If you pay up they wold have come.

Rather than 3 players on £70k per week you could have gone for a £250k week player.

I have no doubt despite what Sanchez said if you had offered him £250k per week he would be quite happily living in Liverpool now with a helicopter on stand by to bring the missus to London

Well I think your calculator is broken but I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment that if you want the very best you have to pay.

It is clearly a coaching issue.. this is my gripe with Rodgers, that he is clearl not addressing..

I cannot beleive for one minute (although I have being saying otherwise I admit) that we have spent 120 million on Dross, we cannot be that unlucky, surely ?.. It has to be the coaching methods.. It is evident from last season and the season before these problems have not been addressed. We are only now getting found out because we are not playing the fancy fluid football we where last season..

It is not like we changed formation or tactics altogether. He knew what he wanted to play and will play since the final day of last season. He had 100m to find players who will "fit" best into how he would want to play. You simply don't buy 100m of players to coach. At the very least they should be competent. These guys will struggle to make an Everton squad as it stands. Remember fucking Zamora against Lovren??

Where did I say Sanchez isn't a top player?

I never said you didn't..

He was the player I wanted the most during the summer.

Me too.. I was gutted we never got him..

No he isn't. Players have snubbed the mancs because of a desire to live elsewhere. Ronaldinho reportedly was one of them. It's a typical contemporary presumption that you'll get who you want if you offer enough but that just isn't the case. Sanchez wouldn't have come here no matter what we might have felt we could offer.

If Arsenal were not in the market for him.. we would of got him.. London does have that pulling factor, I guess

That being said.. I don't see the issue with Liverpool.. with Manchester up the road and easy links to London. Maybe we just didn't sell the package as well.. If we really wanted him, we could of accomodate his demands in regards of his wife... We are not a club that like to 'Pay up', maybe that was the issue, but then like you say its not always easy as that

I said in the match thread last night that my sympathies for Brendan have gone after that performance. The game was there to be won in the second half with the introduction of Coutinho or Lallana or both. Instead he let two thritysomethings run themselves into the ground for 90 minutes. As Ryan said 100M of his signings left on the bench.
I know it's not the exciting way we play football but I was ok with that attitude.

Coutinho or Lallana would have opened the game up - maybe even won it. But we didn't need to win. A draw or a win made no difference.

So instead of going for the win - which is his default approach - he kept it tight. Imagine if he'd bought Coutinho on with 25 to go and we'd been caught cold on a break. Then conceded a late winner - there'd be a lynching.

I was desperately hoping for a win; more, I wanted a big win where things started to click for the team. But Rodgers said beforehand - the result is what counts in this one. I'm glad he didn't risk it all to make sure of the win.

Wiz, Brendan didnt know that a draw or a win made no difference. If Basel had gotten a late equaliser then we would still have to beat them, but would have to win by two clear goals. Also replacing one or two knackered players was more likely to win us that game than losing it.

Does Rodgers have the balls to make the big decisions going forward? Cause we had a few questions answered and a few new ones asked.

you mean 'from now on', or 'in the future.' Going forward is a Brentism that's crept into modern-day business-speak and it belongs, quite rightly, in the bin. Although our manager uses it all the time (does Brent finger interlacing action)

Yep.

Maybe we should have made him an offer he couldn't refuse? Put a horses head in his bed or something.

I don't think you can bargain with players like that. They're not slaves. They'll go where they want.

Actually, nobody on the entire internet except you considers Agger "our best defender". He wasn't then and he isn't now, just because we're shite at the back. You speak of him like he's the 2nd coming of Jockey Hansen. He wasn't and he isn't. And your relentless banging on about him is so flippin' tiresome... If he was that good, why did none of the bog clubs want him when he left us? He's gone. Let it go, for the love of Christ...

Ditto Reina. At his best, he was the best in the league. Let's not pretend that because Ming's not worth a shite that we'd seen that Reina for the last 18-24 months of his time with us. It was time to look elsewhere, and our choosing the wrong replacement doesn't make the decision itself the wrong one, nor the keeper we let go the best player since Peter Schmichel.

The hyperbolic, revisionist bollocks we're forced to put up with here because this team is crap is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

P.S. We tried to get Sanchez. He wouldn't come here. But you already knew that...

Go to twitter...type Agger best.

I'm at work ffs.

@Woland in future please use the vnsfw tags in football forum for nsfw content.. (done in it for you on this occasion)

Not saying we except explicit material in this forum.. we dont.. (read the rules)

But given the funny nature of this one, I will let it pass..

Please use the Tags next time..

Where the feck does Woland find this stuff???? Er, I don't want to know, I'm just amazed at his Aleister Crowley-like weirdness!

Believe it or not.

Top players demand top wages if you want a world class forward wages around close to £150k per week.
If you don't pay it they won't sign.
Even if you get them cheaper and they become world class many will leave eventually if they don't get market wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom