• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match - Shrews (H) - Kids are alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this true? When will it be moved to?
Don't know when it'll be moved to, just read that it would be moved. It'd almost certainly be after the city game, which would mean if both sides keep winning, then we'd need to beat them to win the league on 4th April.

It may be technically right, but it's a load of bollocks.

I'd be pissed off if that were against us.
That rule has been in place for ages, but now with VAR it can be enforced well. Harsh but fair, by the way in the match thread you asked if their own goal was scored by the same guy from the first round - same thought I had, was pissing myself laughing when the goal went in thinking it must be the same guy.

It has always been the rule that if somebody is passed to in an offside position, then they are offside. That guy was in an offside position. The only difference is that refs have been encouraged to keep their flags down if it is reasonably tight to avoid incorrectly flagging, and it can be checked if it leads to anything. In this case, it did. I don't find it slightly contentious.

Don't know when it'll be moved to, just read that it would be moved. It'd almost certainly be after the city game, which would mean if both sides keep winning, then we'd need to beat them to win the league on 4th April.
They’d better fucking lose to the chavs, then... I have a ticket for the Palace game and a flight from Japan booked!

Do we have a replacement for Clyne already? :p Wonder how that will affect decision on Ki-Jana Hoever's long term playing position

Hope not. I'm flying back from Mexico on April 4. I dont want to watch the title winning match from the airport in Cancun.

Critchley said Milner asked permission to train with the players yesterday, and asked if he could be at the game. He needs being eased into the coaching set up before his contract is up.

For sure, he's expressed some interest and has done some of the certifications.

He's certainly not going to have any issue with the training side of things.

690.jpg

i was reading this article Liverpool's Curtis Jones pulls off ridiculous nutmeg skill to embarrass Shrewsbury defender when i saw the pic.i was thinking why do they erase no 70 face. who is he. then i realized. it's yasser larouchi hair. duh.
the article is about the shrews game but the picture was from the ev game if i'm not mistaken.

Critchley said Milner asked permission to train with the players yesterday, and asked if he could be at the game. He needs being eased into the coaching set up before his contract is up.

I was going to post this after reading about it in the Mirror. It says so much about Milner and about what's happening at the club ... The kids are being 'raised' with the right models around them so hopefully, even if it's not with us, they'll have successful careers elsewhere.

I was also thinking last night that this game showed that perhaps Liverpool should push to have an u23 team in Division 1 or 2, as this would give them proper competition, pump in more money to the lower leagues & hopefully, create for Liverpool what the Real Madrid & Barca B & C teams in Spain while playing in lower divisions.

and to repeat again, SvB was really good ... which is what Rurik had been saying earlier.
Glad to see him improving after he was written off by so many for earlier poor performances.

So the fa declined to produce & broadcast that match, we know that cos they said so, & the echo & supersport confirmed it.

The only way that it could have been broadcast is surely the through the club doing so & sending it in the world feed themselves?

If that's the case, then there could be some seriously big fall out from this, & it could be exactly what the fa don't want, a stepping stone towards clubs being able to split broadcasts, & at least start a debate about the clubs right to do so.

Considering our owners background & experience, I'm not really surprised, but if this is the case, then I suspect the FA could regret their decision for a long time to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom