• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match - Shrews (H) - Kids are alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
van den Berg was decent last night, but was shaky against Arsenal when we won the League Cup tie. Don't think he's ready for Chelsea at all.

Some of our fans are batshit
45860d3c6e27b99f55891b550091f55c.jpg

Dunno, FA Cup is a bit shit when you compare it to the CL and league. I don't think I'd really think one of these options is really that much better than the other. Treble maybe slightly ahead, but really not much in it.

Dunno, FA Cup is a bit shit when you compare it to the CL and league. I don't think I'd really think one of these options is really that much better than the other. Treble maybe slightly ahead, but really not much in it.
A treble is defo above two trophies any way you look at it for me

A treble is defo above two trophies any way you look at it for me

I'd prefer to win the CL and title in the same season than a domestic treble.

Obviously, the title is the most important, but weighing up another European Cup vs League & FA Cup?

Nah, not even close

I'd be very surprised if the order of preference for everyone wasn't:

1. The league
2. The CL
3. The FA Cup.

If winning the league meant not winning any of the others, that's fine with me. If we can win 2 I'd go with the League and CL.

However, wasn't the poll partly at least about being unbeaten in the league vs winning the treble? I think I'd probably take losing a couple of league games in exchange for winning the treble.

I'd prefer to win the CL and title in the same season than a domestic treble.

Obviously, the title is the most important, but weighing up another European Cup vs League & FA Cup?

Nah, not even close
Yeah I didn't really mean that, and I'd take the big double over a lesser treble, but I'd always take another trophy over some invincibles thing

Well someone seemed a tad too vindictive towards us, and looking down on our young kids....

Matt Upson talking shit on tele again, the very same guy felt that we would not be lucky to finish 4th if we don't buy Coutinho last summer.

I am so glad these fuckers will never be part of our coaching staff or any department.

He would have liked to see us 'pay a penalty'..? For what, exactly? We fucking won. So, we obviously did enough to win. So, the team selected was obviously good enough to win.

Later, he waffles on about 'giant-killing'... WTF? If our u-14 side can beat them, there obviously wouldn't have been a fucking giant-killing. Gobshite.

He would have liked to see us 'pay a penalty'..? For what, exactly? We fucking won. So, we obviously did enough to win. So, the team selected was obviously good enough to win.

Later, he waffles on about 'giant-killing'... WTF? If our u-14 side can beat them, there obviously wouldn't have been a fucking giant-killing. Gobshite.

Fucking Dreamy could out-argue that halfwit.

That last bit is the sort of oblivious "making a statement that is the exact opposite of the point you are trying to make" that reminds me of spider-neil (May Allah preserve Him) at his best.

van den Berg was decent last night, but was shaky against Arsenal when we won the League Cup tie. Don't think he's ready for Chelsea at all.

It was a good win. Great in fact, considering their age. But it was at Anfield and against a League one side. Chelski will tear us a new one if we put anywhere close to 50% of this side out there.

I predict Klopp will sneak in one of the youngsters at the most, with Jones the most likely to start. Williams and Elliot on the bench.

Last time I checked, Liverpool official website said that the Chelsea game date and time is still to be confirmed. I wouldn’t put anything past the FA, but it would be massively unfair to schedule a cup tie on Thursday afternoon when we have an early kick-off on Saturday.

Last time I checked, Liverpool official website said that the Chelsea game date and time is still to be confirmed. I wouldn’t put anything past the FA, but it would be massively unfair to schedule a cup tie on Thursday afternoon when we have an early kick-off on Saturday.

Last night Google said it was Tuesday, now it says Thursday. Weird innit.

English FA has confirmed the prize money for the 2020 FA Cup and 20120 winners of will pocket around £1.8 million while the runners-up will take home £900,000. Below is the round by round breakdown of FA Cup fund from earlier rounds to all the way to final.

FA-Cup-Prize-Money.jpg

Manchester United won the FA Cup 2016 and they took home £1.8 million for winning the final against Palace but the real income for United in the FA cup run was alot more than that which included TV money (matches shown live on TV) plus 45% gate receipt for the final. 2017 FA Cup follows the same prize money fund distribution and we take a look at how much 2017 FA Cup winners can take home.
Manchester City won it in 2019 while Chelsea won it in 2018 and they both pocketed 1.8million pounds as well.
  • Winners: (£1.8 million In prize money) + tv revenue and gate receipts
  • Runner-ups:(£900,000 in prize money) + tv revenue & gate reciepts
Here is how the prize money in FA Cup is distributed starting from the qualifying preliminary rounds to all the way till final. Statistics below shows way most of premier league clubs don’t bother turning up for the FA Cup.

FA Cup 2020 Prize Money Breakdown Round by Round:

Starting with the very early qualification rounds FA award a certain amount of money to winners of each round. There are two preliminary rounds, 4 qualifying rounds, 6 FA Cup proper rounds plus semifinal and final each year and following tables shows how much money is awarded to teams for winning ties in each round.
[xtable]
{caption}FA Cup Prize Money Breakdown{/caption}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}ROUNDS{/td}
{td}WINNERS{/td}
{td}PRIZE MONEY{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1st Preliminary Round{/td}
{td}184{/td}
{td} £1,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2nd Preliminary Round{/td}
{td}160{/td}
{td}£1,925{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1st Qualifying Round{/td}
{td}116{/td}
{td}£3,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2nd Qualifying Round{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}£4,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3rd Qualifying Round{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}£7,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4th Qualifying Round{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}£12,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 1{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}£18,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 2{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}£27,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 3{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}£67,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 4{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td}£90,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 5{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}£180,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 6{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}£360,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Semifinal Winners{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}£900,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Semifinal Losers{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}£450,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Runner-Ups{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}£900,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Champions{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}£1,800,000{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
How Much FA Cup is worth ?

As far as top premier league teams are concerned winning FA Cup only means prestige and honor because for top Premier League teams the prize money and financial rewards of playing or Winning FA Cup is just a change compared to what they make in premier league or champions league. For example Arsenal won the FA Cup two years ago and they made around £4.2 million from their FA Cup win but compared that to their Premier League (£93million) or Champions League (£25million) earnings and you will see FA Cup financial rewards are just a change for the clubs.
Having said that FA Cup and Capital One Cup represent huge financial possibilities for clubs in lower leagues. Last year when Manchester United visited Cambridge United for the 3rd Round tie they game was shown live on TV and Cambridge made £144,000 with Television Fees for live broadcast. They held United to a 0-0 draw and earned a very lucrative replay where they also received £72,000 for Television fee plus the massive 45% gate receipt revenue. So FA Cup represent a good value for money as far as lower league teams are concerned.
FA Cup Television Fees Breakdown:

Clubs are awarded a certain fee for every time their match is broadcasted live in UK. here is how television fee is provided to clubs.
[xtable]
{caption}Television Fee For Every Live Match Broadcasted{/caption}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}ROUNDS{/td}
{td}LIVE{/td}
{td}LIVE REPLAY{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 1{/td}
{td}£67,500{/td}
{td} £33,750{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 2{/td}
{td}£72,000{/td}
{td}£36,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 3{/td}
{td}£144,000{/td}
{td}£72,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 4{/td}
{td}£144,000{/td}
{td}£72,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 5{/td}
{td}£247,500{/td}
{td}£123,750{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}FA Cup – Round 6{/td}
{td}£247,500{/td}
{td}£123,750{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Gate Receipt Revenue Share:

English FA has installed a good system where both home and away teams for every tie of FA Cup get 45% of gate receipt revenue each. So if a lower league team hit a jackpot and they are drawn against a top premier league side away they make more money from that away game than their entire season (or in some cases several season).
Cambridge United took United to a replay at Old Trafford, although they lost the game 3-0 but they earned a massive fortune with 45% share of gate receipt which was reportedly around £1.2 million.
Previous winners:

Manchester City:

City were the dominant team in England last season. The champions completed the clean sweep on the domestic front winning three titles. They won the title in the league and were the Premier League winners last season. Pep’s men defeated Liverpool to claim the league as it went down to the final day of the season. Citizens were glorious however, collecting a record 98 points, the second highest ever.
They also won the Carabao Cup where they beat Chelsea in a closely contested final. Maurizio Sarri’s men had just lost 6-0 in the league to them a few days before the final and then in the final they were pulled all 120 minutes before finally getting past Chelsea on penalties. No one from City missed from the spot.
In the FA Cup, it was smooth sailing all along as they won the final in a 6-0 hammering. De Bruyne who made 3 assists in the final after coming off the bench in the 60th minute was the man of the match.
Chelsea:

Chelsea won the FA Cup in 2018. It was Antonio Conte’s first win of a cup competition as a coach. It turned out to be the last game for Thibaut Courtois. Conte also left soon after as he finished 5th in the league and fell apart with the board. Chelsea are one of the more successful teams in the FA Cup in this century.

Yeah, I'd rather we start taking it seriously now. The leagues done and dusted. The CL is a very real possibility. The idea of Klopp and Henderson posing next to 5 trophies at the end of the year is just too much. We're at our very best right now and have to cash in on all trophies going.

We’d put out the reserves team and still win the FA Cup, while Klopp and team sip their sangrias on the beach.

It’s gotten to unprecedented levels of pisstake now.

We don’t owe the kids anything. We give them extreme opportunities and if they are asked to sweep the streets of Liverpool on behalf of the club they should do it with pride. If called upon they will play but there is no reason whatsoever any Liverpool player should be offended over not being picked for a first team match.

Last edited:
Just been watching Danny Murphy drone on about how JK should have been in attendance as it would have motivated the young players; Murphy’s not alone in uttering this nonsense.
Does anyone really think those players could have been more motivated? Playing in front of 50,000+ spectators? Wearing the red kit at AnfieId?
I remember playing at Anfield in 1961 in the final of the Merseyside Grammar School competition. There were only about 250 people there, all in the Kemlyn Road Stand. Could hardly see or hear them, but it didn’t matter. This was Anfield for god’s sake. Motivation enough. (Beat the Collegiate 1-0.)

[article]Former Liverpool defender Stephen Warnock believes right-back Neco Williams could force his way into Wales' Euro 2020 squad.

Williams, 18
, has made four appearances for Liverpool in cup competitions, but is yet to appear in the Premier League.

Warnock says the Wales Under-19 international needs game time, but is good enough to be considered for a senior call-up.

"Who knows? Sometimes you need that outsider," Warnock said.

"There are players who play for Wales, who don't play that much club football, because the quality they possess might be better than what's already in the squad.

"I definitely think Neco could be one of those players.

"The big problem at Liverpool is that he's got Trent Alexander-Arnold in front of him, who is arguably the best right-back in world football at the moment.

"So for him to get some game time is very difficult and he's finding it difficult to get on the bench."

Swansea City's Connor Roberts was Wales' first-choice right-back during the Euro 2020 qualifiers, with 96-times capped Chris Gunter of Reading also featuring in Ryan Giggs' squads.

Wrexham-born Williams has come through the Reds' academy and made his senior debut in the Carabao Cup win over Arsenal in October 2019.

He was included in Liverpool's Fifa Club World Cup squad in December and although he did not play in Doha, has started their last three FA Cup games.

Williams' cross led to Ro-Shaun Williams' own goal as a young Liverpool side beat Shrewsbury Town in an FA Cup fourth-round replay at Anfield.

"I've followed Neco for a few years watching Liverpool at under-18 level and below and he's definitely got potential," Warnock said.

"I didn't know whether he'd be ready for first-team football if I'm honest

"But when he's played in the first team, wow, he's stepped up.

"The quality of his delivery, he must have been watching Trent Alexander-Arnold a lot and working on that side of his game.

"His delivery is quite incredible, but his engine up and down the pitch doing his defensive side of his job has really impressed me."[/article]

OK, Google now saying the 4/3. They got that week surrounded, and I don't like the rentboys that were down with

Just been watching Danny Murphy drone on about how JK should have been in attendance as it would have motivated the young players; Murphy’s not alone in uttering this nonsense.
Does anyone really think those players could have been more motivated? Playing in front of 50,000+ spectators? Wearing the red kit at AnfieId?
I remember playing at Anfield in 1961 in the final of the Merseyside Grammar School competition. There were only about 250 people there, all in the Kemlyn Road Stand. Could hardly see or hear them, but it didn’t matter. This was Anfield for god’s sake. Motivation enough. (Beat the Collegiate 1-0.)
NIce one. Who were you playing for ?

Hmm, my dad went the collegiate. He was born in 1948 so would have been 13 at the time you are talking. I wonder if her played in this game? (he was an amateur footballer till his 30's). How old are you Lenny, if you dont mind me asking?

I'll ask him tonight :)

It will be shown on the BBC. That means every game we play up to the end of March will be shown in the U.K.
Great news. A bit of regular TV to bring in the masses. I know it has been fun playing the pip-squeaks but part of me sees Chelsea at Stamford bridge, FA cup, on the national telly, and I want us to put out a great team and smash them. Call me old fashioned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom