• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match - Shrews (H) - Kids are alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There was a message at half-time and and at full-time [from Klopp]," said under-23s boss Neil Critchley.

"There was a message before the game that Chelsea away could be an opportunity for one or two of them and they put in a performance tonight."

So, full strength v Chelsea. Yay

So the fa declined to produce & broadcast that match, we know that cos they said so, & the echo & supersport confirmed it.

The only way that it could have been broadcast is surely the through the club doing so & sending it in the world feed themselves?

If that's the case, then there could be some seriously big fall out from this, & it could be exactly what the fa don't want, a stepping stone towards clubs being able to split broadcasts, & at least start a debate about the clubs right to do so.

Considering our owners background & experience, I'm not really surprised, but if this is the case, then I suspect the FA could regret their decision for a long time to come.
I'm pretty sure that was a BBC commentator on the Dutch feed. So they were producing it for highlights. Is that were all the feeds ultimately sprang from?

"There was a message at half-time and and at full-time [from Klopp]," said under-23s boss Neil Critchley.

"There was a message before the game that Chelsea away could be an opportunity for one or two of them and they put in a performance tonight."

So, full strength v Chelsea. Yay

I think we should give Jones and Neco a run against Chelsea. Other than that, full strength.

No fucking way, lets not play 'Ice' against Chelsea's rapid attack please, especially not alongside the slowest of our CBs. Don't get me wrong, he did play well yesterday, but he was facing some really terrible attackers, and even then, there was one moment were he looked horribly exposed for pace. Luckily, the Shrewsbury player coughed the ball up almost immediately, but had that been a decent player that was fast, he would have been away. We play Virge and Gomez or one of these with Matip at a push.

I doubt we will see many of the youngsters starting against Chelsea. Williams and Jones have the best chance, and potentially Elliot on the bench.

What I think probably is more likely is that if the league is won, a few of these players may play in some of the league games towards the end of the season.

Chelsea will surely be one or two U23s with the fringe players rather than the real first team, although it would be lovely to knock out Fat Fwank. Agreed about Neco definitely being one of those names in the frame.

That's interesting. I thought we'd be keeping a young team for as far as we get in the FA cup.
He might do, and he might see it as something they've earned, but that Villa game should (rightly I think), be in his mind about what happens to a team full of kids against a full strength PL side. It wouldn't be good for their development to get a pasting at Stamford Bridge.

He might do, and he might see it as something they've earned, but that Villa game should (rightly I think), be in his mind about what happens to a team full of kids against a full strength PL side. It wouldn't be good for their development to get a pasting at Stamford Bridge.

Not sure I agree with your last sentence. It's often very good for development to get a few brutal smackdowns when you're young.

Not sure I agree with your last sentence. It's often very good for development to get a few brutal smackdowns when you're young.

Maybe, dunno. Either way, I don't care about that in this case, I very much would like to beat Chelsea

Agent Critchley and the kids ensure Klopp’s 1st time to get to the 5th round so I reckon Jürgen’s masterplan worked a treat ⚽️

Chelsea will surely be one or two U23s with the fringe players rather than the real first team, although it would be lovely to knock out Fat Fwank. Agreed about Neco definitely being one of those names in the frame.
For us it will be the first of 3 games in a week. We've a league match vs Bournemouth 2 days later and the Atletico second leg 4 days after that.

For me a full strength team for CFC in the FAC and then swap out 3-4 for squad players at home to Bournemouth. Followed by full strength again vs Atletico.

Chelsea don't have their CL game until the following week so only have one other game that week at home to Everton, 3 days later. CFC have a gap of 6 days to Villa after that. I expect CFC to play their strongest team.

Yup, it's going to be played in midweek between Watford (a) and Bournemouth (h) – Klopp will surely rest most of the first 11 there. It's going to be a combination of senior players who didn't make the starting lineup on a Saturday + a few kids. Chelsea will be in the same position and will probably prioritize the league as well.

Last edited:
Yup, it's going to be played in midweek between Watford (a) and Bournemouth (h) – Klopp will surely rest most of the first 11 there. It's going to be a combination of senior players who didn't make the starting lineup on a Saturday + a few kids. Chelsea will be in the same position and will surely prioritize the league as well.
See my previous post.

See my previous post.

That fixture date is yet TBC – currently listed as Thursday, but will probably get moved because we have an early kick-off on Saturday in the EPL.

Chelsea's squad is not too deep – they will be in a dogfight for top 4 and I cannot see Lampard going all out for FA Cup game and risking fatigue or injury for his young-ish squad. BTW I wonder who's going to be their 2-choice GK by that time.

That fixture date is yet TBC – currently listed as Thursday, but will probably get moved because we have an early kick-off on Saturday in the EPL.

Chelsea's squad is not too deep – they will be in a dogfight for top 4 and I cannot see Lampard going all out for FA Cup game and risking fatigue or injury for his young-ish squad. BTW I wonder who's going to be their 2-choice GK by that time.
I doubt it will be too long before Kepa returns to #1. They have too much invested and are paying him too much. No-one else is going to take him so they will have to just make the best of it.

I doubt it will be too long before Kepa returns to #1. They have too much invested and are paying him too much. No-one else is going to take him so they will have to just make the best of it.

Yeah, and Caballero isn't very good either

Cech will have come back from retirement by then I reckon.

Some of our fans are batshit
45860d3c6e27b99f55891b550091f55c.jpg

Well someone seemed a tad too vindictive towards us, and looking down on our young kids....

Matt Upson talking shit on tele again, the very same guy felt that we would not be lucky to finish 4th if we don't buy Coutinho last summer.

I am so glad these fuckers will never be part of our coaching staff or any department.

The Chelsea fa cup match is scheduled for the Thursday before the Bournemouth game at 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom