• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
And sadly Cit became world champions while getting the opportunity to leap frog us with their games in hand :(

Don't get all the negativity. Arsenal came here with most forecasting they'd win. Well they never looked like winning and didn't create much that our defence wasn't up to.

We should have won. Unlucky with the bobble but I felt Salah delayed the pass too long. That said no one thought we'd be where we are in a transitional season.

This bodes well for the second half of the season as we should be improving further and have some top players to return.

I'll be happy with just the LC, EL and PL this season.

Ratings timeeeeeeeeeee.

Ali 6 - Spectator, could’ve positioned himself better on first.

Trent 7 - +1 for the assist but should’ve won us the game.
Ibou 9 - Monster
Virgil 8 - Captain fantastic
Kostas 7 - Doing well until the injury, gutted for him.

Endo 8.5 - I think he’s brilliant.
Szobo 6 - needs a spell on the bench
Jones 6.5 - back to being ineffective and ball shy.

Salah 7 - +1 for the goal, gave it away about 30 times.
Gakpo 3 - Utter shit.
Diaz 4 - turning into utter shit

Gomez 7 - thought he was pretty good
Harvey 7 - as above
Nunez 6 - bright in spells but not the impact we needed
Grav 5 - pointless sub

Ratings timeeeeeeeeeee.

Ali 6 - Spectator, could’ve positioned himself better on first.

Trent 7 - +1 for the assist but should’ve won us the game.
Ibou 9 - Monster
Virgil 8 - Captain fantastic
Kostas 7 - Doing well until the injury, gutted for him.

Endo 8.5 - I think he’s brilliant.
Szobo 6 - needs a spell on the bench
Jones 6.5 - back to being ineffective and ball shy.

Salah 7 - +1 for the goal, gave it away about 30 times.
Gakpo 3 - Utter shit.
Diaz 4 - turning into utter shit

Gomez 7 - thought he was pretty good
Harvey 7 - as above
Nunez 6 - bright in spells but not the impact we needed
Grav 5 - pointless sub

Right rating for Jones, but comments wrong, he was while on the pitch pur most fouled player, not surprising as they cannot get the ball from him. As soon as he came off the midfield was unbalanced.

Diaz, and Grav were terrible, and utter garbage. Sorry also, Gakpo was OK and kept the ball up, he was doing fine, and unlike Salah wqs releasing the ball early.

Jones was our best midfielder. It pisses me off that he's always first sub no matter what's happening on the pitch.
Sounds like Klopp's subs took the steam out of us. In fairness, he's got subs pretty bang on this season, but was listening on the radio and we seemed to lose all that momentum when he made that triple sub.

Really poor cameo by Gravenberch and I think it’s on Klopp - he was anything but sharp after the injury and the coaching staff should have anticipated it. Killed our momentum.

Other subs were good, actually.

Grav has done well since he got here but I doubt anyone thought he would improve things in a match like that. So it proved.

Sounds like Klopp's subs took the steam out of us. In fairness, he's got subs pretty bang on this season, but was listening on the radio and we seemed to lose all that momentum when he made that triple sub.

It wasn't so much the subs (where 1/3 were unnecessary for me), but the timings of it. We were screaming out 10 minutes earlier when their arse went, to change things up and be more direct; but we waited and arsenal regained composure

Thought ibou and Endo played well, and Salah and TAA improved as the game went on. Gomez had another good match.

We should have had a pen and trent should have scored. Frustrating. We didn't play great but really should have won.

Game was crying out for Robbo RIP

Grav has done well since he got here but I doubt anyone thought he would improve things in a match like that. So it proved.

He did make a positive impact against City, so I guess that’s why Klopp thought it could work. Alas, wasn’t to be.

Let’s not forget that we were denied a stonewall pen. It’s on the ref as well, if he’d have given it - and it was an obvious handball - it would never have been overturned.

Yet another terrible ref decision against us vs Arsenal.

I thought that Ibou, Endo, Curtis and second-half Joe were the best of our lot tonight... And I thought that Gapko, Diaz and Mo (apart from the goal) looked like they didn't know what they were trying to do, every time they go the ball. Brutal stuff up front most of the night.

Szobo ran his bollocks off and made some important challenges in defense, but once he crossed the halfway line, everything he touched turned to shit. Trent was decent over all, that pass was mouthwatering, but that was also the miss of the season. Kostas was good until he got hurt, Virgil looked mostly strong and poor ol' Gravenbach was awful for his spell.

Ali had nothing to do except pick the ball out after 4 minutes.

And can somebody please explain to me how that wasn't a fucking penalty?

We have Gomez, Bradley and the Scottish lad already

Gomez I get, but if we want to win the league etc, we need top drawer and I’m not comfortable with kids stepping in. If Gomez can stay fit and keep going at a decent level until Robbo is fully back then great.
But it’s risky. Mind you, if Robbo is a couple of weeks away then maybe not

I'm not dispirited. Arsenal were levels ahead of us last season and have arguably improved since. If Trent had tapped that in then nobody would have begrudged us victory.

We pressed like demons at times, but we just didn't kill it when we had the chance. I feel bad for Tsimikas. That could be costly.

I don't understand why so many of you think Salah delayed the pass. He waits for the other attackers to catch him, and to see if the defender will try to press him. The defender doesn't so he passes it to the furthest attacker, Trent, to minimise the defenders chance of pressing him.

If he'd played it earlier the defender has time to come across, unless we hit a shot from distance (which we obviously shouldn't do)

upload_2023-12-23_17-10-12.jpeg

Just wanted to say(As I did elsewhere on the site) we need a LB in the Jan' window in case Tsimikas...
Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom