• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Aston Villa (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter if it's deliberate or not?

Of course he wanted to score, got unlucky, then deserved that luck he made with the OG. The goal doesn't come if Nunez doesn't strike the ball or if he misstruck it high and wide for example.
Dont waste your posts trying to convince people, some just want to continue calling Nunez a donkey, when he is clearly a rare commodity in the world of number 9's at this current time.

Btw Schmeichel says that Szoboszlai's goal was offside. Salah was blocking the keeper.

Mhm...blocking the keeper by being 2-3 meters in front of him. Also, the shot wasn't close to Salah. The keeper didn't have a chance.

Btw Schmeichel says that Szoboszlai's goal was offside. Salah was blocking the keeper.

Mhm...blocking the keeper by being 2-3 meters in front of him. Also, the shot wasn't close to Salah. The keeper didn't have a chance.
Sigh … Schmeichel can’t help himself, can he? I assume he’s going by the second Man City goal which was offside?

I wonder if our new balls to the wall style is just happenstance at missing out on Caicedo, or the coaching staff finally realising that the key to City winning title after title has basically been their insight that in 80% of PL games you can get away with just battering teams and to hell with a defence.

Then just worry about the 6 pointers when they come along.

Unbeaten, 3 wins 1 draw going into the break.

What's also pleasing is we've already got 3 tricky/hard fixtures out the way and made 2 of them look comfortable.

I wonder if our new balls to the wall style is just happenstance at missing out on Caicedo, or the coaching staff finally realising that the key to City winning title after title has basically been their insight that in 80% of PL games you can get away with just battering teams and to hell with a defence.

Then just worry about the 6 pointers when they come along.

You should expand on the highlighted - it will make an interesting topic of discussion on here.

Frankly I thought Villa was disappointing - with that high line they were playing and all 3 of our forward being so quick and comfortable running in behind, their only chance was to make sure Trent had no time on the ball - and they completely failed in that. In fact Trent had so much time and space even he looked surprised at times - and of course his quarterback-like balls over the top to Salah and co. destroyed the Villans.

They failed to test MacAllister at #6 too; he had his easiest game of the season by far and also failed to try to run at Matip and Gomez all game. It was so one sided, it made me think of how it must have been in the late 1970 when Liverpool dominated the league and teams stepped onto the Anfield grass expecting to get beat and just wanted to get it over with quickly. So overall, I would not make too many judgments based on this game - for whatever reason Villa couldn’t make it a contest, but there will be tougher tests ahead. 10 points from first 4 games is lovely.

Last edited:
Frankly I thought Villa was disappointing - with that high line they were playing and all 3 of our forward being so quick and comfortable running in behind, their only chance was to make sure Trent had no time on the ball - and they completely failed in that. In fact Trent had so much time and space even he looked surprised at times - and of course his quarterback-like balls over the top to Salah and co. destroyed the Villans.

They failed to test MacAllister at #6 too; he had his easiest game of the season by far and also failed to try to run at Matip and Gomez all game. It was so one sided, it made me think of how it must have been in the late 1970 when Liverpool dominated the league and teams stepped onto the Anfield grass expecting to get beat and just wanted to get it over with quickly. So overall, I would not make too many judgments based on this game - for whatever reason Villa couldn’t make it a contest, but there will be tougher tests ahead. 10 points from first 4 games is lovely.

they had a few key injuries I think? But yes easier than expected. That will be a rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom