• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brentford (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed not to get the three point, but Brentford deserved the point...
My Man Of The Match..? The Brentford keeper Raya
No they didn't. This is what does my head in. They played well and kudos to them for coming back but ... most any other day and we scored six.

Been a long time since we’ve been so poor at the back.
Toney bullied Matip all game. Alisson looked switched off. Fabinho poor.

If Salah doesnt fluff that colossal chance, we win.
So many big chances, and leaky at the back.

Poor game from us.

No they didn't. This is what does my head in. They played well and kudos to them for coming back but ... most any other day and we scored six.

Nah, they deserved a point. We were poor, but they had chances as well

Screenshot_20210925-193700_FotMob.jpg

Nah, they deserved a point. We were poor, but they had chances as well
They didn't have anything like Mo's or Jota's. We should have run away with it in the end. That cartoon GIF of the guy banging his head on his computer until his brains come out was me tonight !

They came with a game plan and to play football. Not to park a bus or hoping to get appoint...
It was down to us to win the game and to put away our chances. Their goal keeper did his part with some of them, and we wasted others.

I believe that they desevred their one, If you don't I am fine with that too, after all it's your opinion

Last edited:
Did Jones hit the post after it was blocked? Legit don't remember

Jones hit the post after his shot took a deflection, and then Raya turnes up with an insane save from Jota’s rebound shot.

Klopp complains too much about physical sides, he mentioned it again in his pre-match interview.
He wants preferential treatment when we should really aim to match them physically, we didn’t, they completely bullied our defence.

Klopp complains too much about physical sides, he mentioned it again in his pre-match interview.
He wants preferential treatment when we should really aim to match them physically, we didn’t, they completely bullied our defence.

Hard to argue with, Don't know why he struggles giving praise to other teams that uses their strengths to exploit our weaknesses....maybe it's just his character.

Lost 2 points - poor.
Salah missing that chance later - poor, not like him.
Our CB pairing looking as bad as they've looked in ... hmmm ... ever? poor.
Taking off a midfielder who scored a goal to give Bobby game time for man city? Poor (just give him 45-60 against Porto).
Trent being outnumbered 3 v 1 in their two goals? poor.
Oh well ... missed opportunity.

Jones hit the post after his shot took a deflection, and then Raya turnes up with an insane save from Jota’s rebound shot.
Oh yeah

So it was saved on to the post. So the stats are right

Deffo 2 points lost.Ahead twice and we let them get back in but they deserved something from the game. We could and should've denied them. Throwback to the Rodgers era a bit. Could've shored it up at 3-2. Was clear they were going to go aerial on us. Could put Gomez or Konate deep on TAA's side. Mayby Rafa but probably not in JK's mind.

Still top after 6 games, not to be sniffed at.

Hard to argue with, Don't know why he struggles giving praise to other teams that uses their strengths to exploit our weaknesses....maybe it's just his character.

Fair point. Refs aren't going to give us any protection..now if it was Fergie then the Ref would go out with a pack of yellow cards.

Not only that, if teams do go physical on us it will cause more injuries. We don't have a Jimmy Case or a Souness. Say nowt lad..or just mayby say they are a good footballing side..bit of kidology never went amiss.

Yeah.

Van Dijk seems tentative still. It was only at the end, when he was pissed off, did he show urgency and power, and flatten Toney.

He should have set that tone at the start of the game.

We lost far too many 1 v 1 battles against their forwards today. Worst game I've seen them both play in a long time.

Credit to Brentford.

I enjoyed it soz

I did too. It was very entertaining when o took my Liverpool hat off.

We had some really good moments and a few awful ones. Brentford took advantage of almost all of our bad ones. I like how they play and will enjoy watching them the rest of the year.

Yeah.

Van Dijk seems tentative still. It was only at the end, when he was pissed off, did he show urgency and power, and flatten Toney.

He should have set that tone at the start of the game.

We lost far too many 1 v 1 battles against their forwards today. Worst game I've seen them both play in a long time.

Credit to Brentford.

Time to bring back Joe Gomez to partner VVD. He looked good against Norwich and I think that those two are our strongest in centre defence. TAA isn't a hard nut type nor is Robbo so we have to be quicker to close down. At 1-2 we dropped off a bit and tried to control..at 2-3 we were still trying to go at them, once possession was lost they could find players in space.

Could say it was the right way to go as normally we would score 2/3 more. We went through them with some ease but we didn't kill them off and they weren't going to lie down. Cost us.

This team hasn't been clinical ever.

It has alternately conceded huge chances and lost by teams taking them, or, it has restricted those chances. We don't look near at our best defensively. We control games a lot, but when we don't, we concede.

That's what we can improve on. Our midfield collectively has a part to play. But forget about our attack becoming lethal. Even at it's very best it wasn't. We "just" create lots of chances.

Even some of our best games. Won by 4, could have scored 9 or 10.

I dont think it was bad defence shit that cost us, and i do not believe our defenders got bullied at all. It was our complete lack of attention and urgency in each of their goals that cost us.

That first goal, Fab should have been stronger and more decisive. Second goal and third goal was down to lack of control in our game. Stupid and lethargic is how I would descibe that performance.

Those of you that are going on about missed chances ... fucking really ? We scored three goals against a newly promoted team, and we were not good enough to beat them. We deserve that result especially when you turn up and dont represent your best. These are results that cost titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom