• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Crystal Palace (h) - Mon - 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great another season of chasing City

I don’t think we will be chasing them this year. It felt like the 20/21 season before it started and everything that’s happened since has made that feeling grow stronger.

We waited too long to buy and when we have bought we haven’t bought enough. We are still a very good team but one clearly in transition and in a league where you can only drop a few points over a whole season that’s just not gonna fly.

We need another midfielder. Hell, we need 2.

We need another goalscorer because Nunez seems thick as shit, mo hasn't got over AFCON, and Diaz (god love him) is very hit and miss for end product.

Looking at that bench today there was arguably only Fabio who could be classed as a semi goal threat

We need a number 10 , no idea if carvalho is that person but it's vital that either bobby does his false 9 routine or a 10 plays against teams like that , even fucking naby would've driven forwards with the ball and created space

Time to log off. The knee jerking will be heavily out in force.
Need another goalscorer cause Nunez is shite. Yada yada.

No knee jerking. We’ve been stung by yet another plays well against us so let’s buy him. He has no technique whatsoever. A proper non klopp signing.

I'm not knee jerking, I have long thought an unholy scrap for 4th is more likely than a title this season. So many older players past their prime, and replacing them with ones for the future. Meanwhile we aren't addressing a problem we've had for several seasons in a row.

We need another midfielder. Hell, we need 2.

We need another goalscorer because Nunez seems thick as shit, mo hasn't got over AFCON, and Diaz (god love him) is very hit and miss for end product.

Looking at that bench today there was arguably only Fabio who could be classed as a semi goal threat
Yep. We've been singing from that same hymn sheet for a while (2 needed).

The cheque book must come out now.. surely.

Nunez is scruffy and is going to take a while to get up to speed I reckon, bad introduction today but thats one way to earn a wake up call about the Premiership. Diaz has looked our most dangerous player in both games, which gives us hope, Salah is still a bit off, and beyond that there's not much goal threat. We look a player or two short, regardless of Jota and Thiago, we need a bit of general class through the middle. Right now Haaland looks like a Rolls Royce who has given City exactly what they need, while Nunez (despite a couple of goals) looks a bit at odds with how we play. We've always gone for technicians, he looks a bit of a square peg right now.

Nunez is scruffy and is going to take a while to get up to speed I reckon, bad introduction today but thats one way to earn a wake up call about the Premiership. Diaz has looked our most dangerous player in both games, which gives us hope, Salah is still a bit off, and beyond that there's not much goal threat. We look a player or two short, regardless of Jota and Thiago, we need a bit of general class through the middle. Right now Haaland looks like a Rolls Royce who has given City exactly what they need, while Nunez (despite a couple of goals) looks a bit at odds with how we play. We've always gone for technicians, he looks a bit of a square peg right now.

Well said, but I'm very intrigued about his unacceptable action. I bet he's getting an earful by Klopp and Hendo. Let's see how he bounces back.

Salah shouldn’t be off. He wanted de bruyne money and de bruyne is never off.

It's all eggs in the Champions League basket now. City are most likely over the hill and far away now.

Putting aside his moment of madness, I'm more concerned with his lack of technical ability.

He had TWO very clear chances tonight, due to his pace, but his lack of technique meant his finishing was absolutely woeful when composure was needed.

Dreadful home debut.

He's also lost A LOT of goodwill from fans tonight. He better come back and turn into the second coming of Luis Suarez. But opposition players will now know, he's a man that can be targeted.

Snap ratings

Ali - 6

Trent - 6
Phillips- 6
Virgil -6
Robbo - 5

Fabinho - 5
Milner - 6
Elliot - 7

Nunez - 4
Diaz - 7.5 (MOM)
Salah - 5

Subs
Henderson - 7
Kostas - 5
Gomez - 6
Carvalho - N/A
Switch the marks for Fabs and Milner around and then that's spot on. I didn't think Fabs was anywhere near as bad as some are making out. Milner lots of effort but zero end product. However our performance with 10 men was worthy of more than 6/10.

1. Diaz 8/10 MotM (excellent in defence as well as THAT goal).
2. Elliott
3. Hendo (played well and drove us forward)

Putting aside his moment of madness, I'm more concerned with his lack of technical ability.

He had TWO very clear chances tonight, due to his pace, but his lack of technique meant his finishing was absolutely woeful when composure was needed.

Dreadful home debut.

He's also lost A LOT of goodwill from fans tonight. He better come back and turn into the second coming of Luis Suarez. But opposition players will now know, he's a man that can be targeted.

He had a similar one in the charity shield. Totally scuffed his shot when clean through.

Dreadful home debut.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Anderson was clearly at him all game. Its his home debut. He's missed a couple. The adrenaline got the better of him.

As I said above.. Anderson set the trap, Nunez took the bait. You can't lean with your head, but Anderson fuck me. Play acting at its finest. Should have been a yellow for that alone.

Hopefully he apologises to everyone.. including the fans.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Anderson was clearly at him all game. Its his home debut. He's missed a couple. The adrenaline got the better of him.

As I said above.. Anderson set the trap, Nunez took the bait. You can't lean with your head, but Anderson fuck me. Play acting at its finest. Should have been a yellow for that alone.

He did it twice. That’s not falling into a trap. It’s being a fucking idiot. He doesn’t have the mentality to make it here. Big mistake.

Not here for the excuses. Defenders aren't supposed to be pally with forwards. There's always going to be an element of needle, especially when you're a physical player. Anderson was all over Salah and Diaz too, but neither went and headbutted him (not once, but twice).

Fuck him. He cost us dearly tonight. Not just in this game, but the next 3 after it.

Never seen a player do such a thing under Klopp. Mane played on the edge, but never went as far as Nunez went tonight.

Can’t defend Nunez with the red card. But proud of the team because it’s like we’ve had a witch at the training ground this week. He’ll talk to Nunez.Nunez getting sent to the gym for 3 weeks. - Klopp

Not here for the excuses. Defenders aren't supposed to be pally with forwards. There's always going to be an element of needle, especially when you're a physical player. Anderson was all over Salah and Diaz too, but neither went and headbutted him (not once, but twice).

Fuck him. He cost us dearly tonight. Not just in this game, but the next 3 after it.

Never seen a player do such a thing under Klopp. Mane played on the edge, but never went as far as Nunez went tonight.

Is that the first for violent conduct under Klopp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom