• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Pre Match - Crystal Palace (h) - Mon - 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that last point, I think we made the mistake of not signing Matheus Nunes he is a bit of Thiago, Fabinho, and Gini mixed into one. What a fucking mistake by the club. Just getting Jude next season is not enough.
Didn't you say you know nothing about Nunes just a few days ago - yet now we've missed out on our season's saviour?

The intent is enough for a red card and hopefully Nunez will learn from this as every CB out there will try the same tactic. But that theatrical fall by Andersen is awful. Going after him all night and got his reaction. Ended with an Oscar worthy fall. So poor by Nunez to let it get to him. Really disapointing.

Which makes you wonder what is going on in the medical/rehab part right?

My posts were not only in reference to the dropped points in the 1st 2 matches. If you look at my earlier posts, I have been expressing concerns over the refreshing of the squad - injury proneness + aging (remember when we almost missed out of CL qualification?).

The 10 players included: Kelleher, Matip, Konate, Ramsay, Thiago, Jones, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gordon, Firmino, Jota.

10 looks like a huge no. but Thiago, Firmino and Jota are the main ones that we missed.

Do we only plan/react when the what if happens - esp. when these what if's are not far fetch/ are highly possible?

As fans, are we not allowed to highlight vulnerabilities or underlying problems? There's a difference between listing out issues that should be addressed and looked into vs. pure whining and knee jerking.

I have never been one to over-react or be pessimistic but just because Klopp has been doing wonders shouldn't let us be blinded.

I'll rest my case. The injuries will clear up, the returning players will "feel like new signings" and everything will be back to normal.

Although most of those tables are 18-24 months old we have known for a time that either we have more injury prone players or something else is causing more frequent injuries (tactics)? That said when you compare the amount of games we've played over the past 3-4 seasons (and 3 CL finals) it isn't that surprising that we have to pay the piper sometime. The short Summer break is undoubtedly a factor at this moment, especially so after we played every single round in every competition we were eligible for last season.

Where was that article last year that predicted we'd be worse this season with loads more injuries because we cycle peds in a three year system?

On a more positive note, our Harv :

• 54/60 (90%) passes
• 2 chances created
• 74 touches
• 3 shots
• 1/1 dribble
• 5/7 tackles (2nd in game)
• 2 interceptions (=1st for LFC)

And our Luiz :

• 34/44 (77%) passes
• 1 chance created
• 82 touches
• 3 shots
• 1 goal
• 7/10 dribbles (1st in game)
• 6/6 tackles (1st)
• 1 interception

Anyways i thought we were pretty good. Could easily have tonked them five nil or something, just didn't take early chances. I don't think anyone played terribly, apart from the obvious stupid sending off. One issue though, Diaz doesn't play nearly as wide as Mane. I think that might mean people getting in each other"s way a bit at the minute.

Didn't you say you know nothing about Nunes just a few days ago - yet now we've missed out on our season's saviour?
We need a midfielder, and by all accounts he has a lot to his game that could help us right now and his age profile fits us. So why not take a risk, but I hope you now realise our limited options in midfield and static play. It's so fucking slow our front me are crowded out by the time the ball gets to them. Unless of course they start creating their own chances like Diaz did last night.

Anyways i thought we were pretty good. Could easily have tonked them five nil or something, just didn't take early chances. I don't think anyone played terribly, apart from the obvious stupid sending off. One issue though, Diaz doesn't play nearly as wide as Mane. I think that might mean people getting in each other"s way a bit at the minute.
Had Salah’s or Carvalho’s efforts gone in we’d be thinking it was well deserved because it was all us.

Yeah you get them games where you draw and the manager comes out and says you had 25 chances and you're like fuck off, we didn't create anything... But last night we kept making stuff happen, it just didn't end up in the net.

Yeah - I don’t think we were terrible - not great, but not awful.

Darwin wasn’t great, sending off was our stupidity and there’s definitely something worrying about him - for someone that’s supposed to be a finisher, sone poor attempts.

For now, I’ll chalk it down to settling in - but he’s looking like our Lukaku/Werner and that’s not good.

It’s all about what he learns and how he bounces back - plenty of commentary about how he learns and works on his flaws and mistakes to improve.

We need to settle on a consistent team for a few games and get ourselves ticking over as a unit.

Nunez will be fine. Just a shame he misses 3 or 4 games. Not ideal for his settling in period or the team.

Remember when the consensus was that he might be best training with the team for a bit before starting matches regularly? Well that's what's happening now and it looks like it's probs for the best.

Anyways who's gonna start at 9 if Frim and Jota are out? Carvalho? Salah with Elliot wide? I haven't got a clue. But I'm pretty sure it'll be ok.

People may want another midfielder (I'd like to see one too - but not just another squad player) however to say the squad is weaker is basically ignoring the changes since May when we were arguably 16 mins from the Quad (the players have aged 3 months and undoubtedly the squad is aging, however that 3 months is not performance changing - the lack of a proper Summer rest may be however) :

Out : Origi (a non-entity as far as PL games go), Minamino (again barely relevant in the PL), Mane (replaced by Diaz last Jan). No-one else of any consequence or who had game time.

In : Diaz for Mane as noted (I have no idea why people ignore this transfer, probably because it doesn't suit the rhetoric), Nunez for Firmino (who now strengthens squad depth), Carvalho (getting a lot of game time already) and Ramsey (backup). One could also note that Elliott had a season ending injury last year.

In actuality we now have an even stronger squad, regardless of the fact the players have aged 3 months. There are still gaps but this is still a stronger squad than that which almost completed completed a historic quadruple.

Until diaz shows me he can score and provide as many as mane, we are weaker there. Yes hes a ridiculously talented player and I think he has the ability to get to that level, and surpass it, but imo theres 1-2 years ...

Remember when the consensus was that he might be best training with the team for a bit before starting matches regularly? Well that's what's happening now and it looks like it's probs for the best.

Anyways who's gonna start at 9 if Frim and Jota are out? Carvalho? Salah with Elliot wide? I haven't got a clue. But I'm pretty sure it'll be ok.

Klopp said Firmino will be back, so it will probably be him.
Would like to see Carvalho - Salah - Diaz but not sure if it would work.

It's a shame as Nunez would have schooled Maguire and it would have been a catalyst for his time here. Now he's completely on the back foot after showing so far that he's very hit & miss and easily provoked into stupid decisions.

Darwin will be worked like hell in training every day in those three weeks.
gonna come out fitter than the bionic man less the attitude 😀

Until diaz shows me he can score and provide as many as mane, we are weaker there. Yes hes a ridiculously talented player and I think he has the ability to get to that level, and surpass it, but imo theres 1-2 years ...
It isn't what any one individual player can do, e.g. Nunez will obviously score a lot more than Firmino. So the Diaz/Jota/Sallah/Nunez quad has the potential to be, IMO, stronger and with more varied tactical options, than the Mane/Firmino/Jota/Sallah quad. The proof of the pudding etc.

I don't think Nunez had a bad game last night until the incident. He spent most of the game inbetween two very tall strikers who were playing on their six yard line, whilst being provided very average crosses which never beat them, theres not much he could really do in that situation. The two fluffed shots people were getting upset about, well one was intercepted by a defender so not a fluffed shot, the other had a defender jump right in front of him looking like he'd get a touch, whilst blocking the flight of the ball, it's not surprising he scuffed it, most do. Outside of that, I thought he had a few moments interchanging nicely with Salah, especially in the first half, showing he can be happily involved in our build up play, and his running in the channels was strong. If he'd kept that up for the 90mins, it would have been a solid 7/10 game for him, you want more from your record signing sure, but it's his home debut for christ sakes, give him time.

The problem though, is he's fucked up all of that good will I had for him with that moment of absolute stupidity. A Klopp team is strong, and stands up for itself, but it never crosses that line, it's not malicious, at least thats how I see it. I'm really worried about his mentality after that incident, a player needs to knuckle down and fight for the team (not literally) when the going gets tough, not lash out in petulant frustration. It's been obvious that he's nervous, and thats probably contributing to him looking awkward on the ball, my only hope is that the time that he's out allows the limelight to move off of him so he can relax and do what he doesn't more naturally, but I really fear he's lost a lot of support in the Kop after last night, and it's going to be tough for him to win them back.

We need a midfielder, and by all accounts he has a lot to his game that could help us right now and his age profile fits us. So why not take a risk, but I hope you now realise our limited options in midfield and static play. It's so fucking slow our front me are crowded out by the time the ball gets to them. Unless of course they start creating their own chances like Diaz did last night.
So in other words you haven't seen much (anything) of him but have been convinced by Twitter / Bluebell that he's the second coming anyway. Gotcha.

It's a shame as Nunez would have schooled Maguire and it would have been a catalyst for his time here. Now he's completely on the back foot after showing so far that he's very hit & miss and easily provoked into stupid decisions.
Yeah I was looking forward to that. Nunez would have put the fear of God into that United defence. No it's going to be Diaz/Firmino/Mo and that isn't anywhere near as arsehole puckering. I'd be happy with any win TBH.

I don't think Nunez had a bad game last night until the incident. He spent most of the game inbetween two very tall strikers who were playing on their six yard line, whilst being provided very average crosses which never beat them, theres not much he could really do in that situation. The two fluffed shots people were getting upset about, well one was intercepted by a defender so not a fluffed shot, the other had a defender jump right in front of him looking like he'd get a touch, whilst blocking the flight of the ball, it's not surprising he scuffed it, most do. Outside of that, I thought he had a few moments interchanging nicely with Salah, especially in the first half, showing he can be happily involved in our build up play, and his running in the channels was strong. If he'd kept that up for the 90mins, it would have been a solid 7/10 game for him, you want more from your record signing sure, but it's his home debut for christ sakes, give him time.

The problem though, is he's fucked up all of that good will I had for him with that moment of absolute stupidity. A Klopp team is strong, and stands up for itself, but it never crosses that line, it's not malicious, at least thats how I see it. I'm really worried about his mentality after that incident, a player needs to knuckle down and fight for the team (not literally) when the going gets tough, not lash out in petulant frustration. It's been obvious that he's nervous, and thats probably contributing to him looking awkward on the ball, my only hope is that the time that he's out allows the limelight to move off of him so he can relax and do what he doesn't more naturally, but I really fear he's lost a lot of support in the Kop after last night, and it's going to be tough for him to win them back.
Agree with most of that. The Kop will be behind him from the moment he scores his first home goal.

Klopp will be behind him as well, but he will have to earn his trust again. It doesnt define his Liverpool career as some on here think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom