• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Leicester (H) - Fri 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh look more negative posts. To be fair though, he has been here a few years playing for a team that’s been firing on all cylinders. SELL!!!

Urgh, never want to see hendo or Elliott start a game in a midfield three again . Turgid

...Dear Santa if its not too late can we please have a new midfield?

Elliott is a funny one. Plenty of ability and control
Of the ball, but, what is his role? Not a scorer. Not a DM. Not a winger. Not an assist machine.

Missed second half...

So Midfield awful, defense grand, and nunez still all power and no accuracy?

Darwin had a good game, again. Unlucky with the chip of the post but the goals will come.
Exceptional pass to Salah which should have made it 3-1.

Robbo, Hendo, Elliot were crap today.

Good: VVD, Matip, Alli, Trent, Thiago, Nunez

Meh: Ox, Salah

Horrible game to watch, it's like we never got going. It's all route 1 direct football. Nunez was a 1 man forward machine while Thiago was on his own making challenges everywhere in midfield. Elliot and Hendo were shocking.

Thiago, Trent and VVD excellent, the rest were terrible tonight. Maybe they were told to play loose given Leicesters shitness ,but thing to remember is we are struggling against teams we have to play that are facing us after a loss. Honestly that was terrible, no measure of control and bad decision making all round in that game. Also that chance that Salah missed was identical to some of Nunes chances missed against Villa and City, and I have to say they are actually not easy in my book and I only expect the likes of Kane to put them away in this league. Stop comparing Nines to Haarland based on those chances as Haarland has been scoring for the most part a bunch of tap ins. Our problem is we don't actually create those tap in type chances and again Leicester kept going into a low block as we build up play in pedestrian style, that's the difference with City, they dont allow the opposition to get back and defend in numbers when they attack, none of that constant passing back and sideways movement, just forward movement.

Wins a win, not complaining. Sorry, I still see Trent as really sluggish and often slow to move. Thiago was great, but we missed Fabs or a proper DM. I thought we did better when Steph and hate to say it Naby came on.

Not sure VVD could be said to have a good game when he was partly responsible for 2 clean 1 on 1 chances for Leicester. Didn’t think we defended well as a unit.

Not sure VVD could be said to have a good game when he was partly responsible for 2 clean 1 on 1 chances for Leicester. Didn’t think we defended well as a unit.

I don't think we get 4th this season if we don't get another midfielder of the Caicedo type. I tell you - we are fucked for good this season, there is no way we get away with it this season.

Elliott, Hendo, Thiago is not a very good midfield set up.
I would be shocked if we dont sign a midfielder in January.
We’re so short and unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom