• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man City (a) Champion's League Quarter Final Second Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get why people are scared of how City are more incentivised to win this one or have a greater resolve to go through.

We have acheieved nothing, were the underdogs, we have a commanding lead and quite frankly the past 180 minutes regardless of home/away have shown that this city side is clearly beatable.

I'm very nervous about there being a sting in the tail here, City will be reeling from the worst week they've had in a very long time, they'll be wanting blood tomorrow, and they have the talent to surgically dismember any team. However, a few things which keep me calm; firstly, we are three nil up, it's going to require one of the better comebacks in history to cause this upset, and that moves me on to point two, I don't think City have the mentality or history yet to do this. The two greatest combacks in European history (that I remember), were done by two European giants, ourselves in 2005, and Barcelona last year, City don't have this pedigree yet, and I know how cliche it sounds, but you need that history, passion and belief for these nights to happen. Finally, in the past i'd have been terrified about us having to defend a lead, even a three nil one, however we won't just sit back and shut the game off, we'll play to the way Klopp excels, they'll have to come on to us, and we'll sit in wait, and pounce when need be, our counter attack should be devastating tomorrow.

There's so much to lose tomorrow, as has been mentioned, we'll be the laughing stock of Britain if we fuck this up, and worse than that, if City come back from this, it could be a night which makes them a European force, something we desperately don't want. So whilst I'm shitting myself at that possibility, when you look at this logically, we are perfectly set up to kill this tie, we just need to compose ourselves and deliver a thoroughly professional performance.

Yes, I'm afraid that I have a horrible feeling that this will be one of those "incredible European nights" that we are going to be on the wrong end of.

The starting 11 picks itself due to injuries and form. Bench will be pretty grim. Not sure Clyne would be ready or deserve a shot if he was the only change.
There's surely goals in this one.

If it were 0-0, then the impact of conceding 1 would be 'oh shit, we need to go and score now' whereas at 3-0 i think the impact of conceding 1 would be to get nervous and try not to concede another - that is where we are still not so well versed as a unit and as a set of fans. I am open to the team proving us wrong, but it would hugely settle the nerves if we could get some early chances and have City shitting themselves rather than the other way around.

It really is all about not conceding early innit. If they try to have a go, don't score, and we get a load of space, they're doomed. If they play it cagey scared of our away goal, the crowd will get on their case. But if they score early all bets are off.

We need a psychologist on this site. Fucking incredible.

It's like when you were a kid (or an adult) and frightened of something, your imagination was always ten times worse than the actual event. That's what we have here with many of these 'woe is me, we're going to lose 4-0, 5-0' & 'if they score an early goal we're in trouble' (because the aggregate score will then be 3-1 FFS), type of posts.

3-0 up and could have been more.
Our key players rested and more than that our defence is in it's best form of the season (7 out of last 9 games we didn't concede a goal).
City are in a bad bad place mentally having been savaged twice in a week. They know one goal for us and it's all over.

It's like when you were a kid (or an adult) and frightened of something, your imagination was always ten times worse than the actual event. That's what we have here with many of these 'woe is me, we're going to lose 4-0, 5-0' & 'if they score an early goal we're in trouble' (because the aggregate score will then be 3-1 FFS), type of posts.

Our key players rested and more than that our defence is in it's best form of the season (7 out of last 9 games we didn't concede a goal).
City are in a bad bad place mentally having been savaged twice in a week. They know one goal for us and it's all over.
Tell me you still feel like that when they are 1-0 up in the first 10 minutes

And they know they simply can't allow us to score so they aren't going to throw everything at us in the first 10 mins or even first 30 mins. They'll hope to go in 1-0 or 2-0 if they are lucky at HT but daren't risk all out attack.

"The guys who were on the bench at Everton - Ox, Bobby and Trent from the first-team squad - for them, it was good not to play too long. They are fine, they were fine when I left Melwood yesterday.
"With Mo, Robbo and Alberto, we have to wait a little bit but of course [we have] big hope they will be back.
"Ben Woodburn is back after a long period and trained yesterday completely normal, which is really good for us."

We deffo need a psychologist now. And probably an exorcist.

I would wait, as if Lovren now gives an interview then there is little to no point in wasting the psychologist's or exorcist's time. If not, then let us pray that we're not too far gone already.

Everybody has waxed lyrical about how wonderful City are all season long and how they're the team in the country or even the world.

It would be really harsh to brand us a laughing stock for getting knocked out by a team with sort of press.

That said, you never want to be part of another clubs history for the wrong reasons.

If they do turn this around, it'll be a Olympiakos / Chelsea / Milan type moment for them. Ugh.

Nah. They didn't "need" a psycholgist in the Milan camp during half time in 2005. They were 3-0 up and if we scored a fluke goal they would still be 3-1 up. Not like they had lost the game or anything....

Nah. They didn't "need" a psycholgist in the Milan camp during half time in 2005. They were 3-0 up and if we scored a fluke goal they would still be 3-1 up. Not like they had lost the game or anything....
And what did away goals count for again?

I honestly don't understand either of your points

All I know is we have a history of mental fragility, so them scoring a goal *full stop*, could be enough for us to implode.

We saw it against Sevilla, against Moscow, against city in the league.

I don't think it's too outlandish to be a bit worried that some complacency might creep in to our game, what with us being 3 up

Lovren makes an error, his head will go and he'll be abused. Similar Trent.

Virgil I'm confident over to a point, robbo I have utmost faith in, and karius I also have a lot of faith in

Wijnaldum deepest? Nah, arse is puckering with that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom