• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Man Utd vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we extended Millie but let Gini go. If we had Gini last year we would have won the league. Instead we've been extending the 'ultimate pro' out of sentimentality rather than on-the-pitch reasons. He's absolutely shot as a starting midfielder.

Milner's limited role should be coming on in the 89th minute when we're protecting a lead and we need someone to repeatedly clatter the ball into touch in injury time.

That's pretty much all he can do competently at this stage of his career. That, and to be brought on for a penalty shootout maybe.

It's a travesty that he's starting games in 2022.

I can't believe we extended Millie but let Gini go. If we had Gini last year we would have won the league. Instead we've been extending the 'ultimate pro' out of sentimentality rather than on-the-pitch reasons. He's absolutely shot as a starting midfielder.

Gini has been absolutely terrible since he left Liverpool. I think we sold at the right time, but the big mistake was not replacing that type of midfielder in the squad.

Gini has been absolutely terrible since he left Liverpool. I think we sold at the right time, but the big mistake was not replacing that type of midfielder in the squad.

Agreed. We can't moan about not shipping players on at the right time, then say on the other hand we should have kept Gini (regardless of the whole contract fuck up). If Gini was here now, he might well be being grouped in with Hendo, Firmino etc as being past it, because he is.

FSG will point to the purchases of Elliott and Carvalho as building for the future. We more or less completely disregard signing players in the peak age group, because it costs more money. FSG are getting away with murder when it comes to player purchases and net spending. They've been good for the club and have created a basis for success and for more revenue, but they've never wanted to spend at the same level as any of our close competitors. This season we're being outspent by just about everyone bar Leicester, it feels. Is anyone else perplexed at United's hatred of the Glaziers?

Agreed. We can't moan about not shipping players on at the right time, then say on the other hand we should have kept Gini (regardless of the whole contract fuck up). If Gini was here now, he might well be being grouped in with Hendo, Firmino etc as being past it, because he is.

FSG will point to the purchases of Elliott and Carvalho as building for the future. We more or less completely disregard signing players in the peak age group, because it costs more money. FSG are getting away with murder when it comes to player purchases and net spending. They've been good for the club and have created a basis for success and for more revenue, but they've never wanted to spend at the same level as any of our close competitors. This season we're being outspent by just about everyone bar Leicester, it feels. Is anyone else perplexed at United's hatred of the Glaziers?

I guess the relationship at Man U is to some extent inverse - they spend money, but don´t have a good strategic structure in place.
We seem to have some traits of the opposite.
Also, of course, they were bought out by saddling the club with debt, which is another point that irks I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom