• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Milan (H) - Wed 15th - 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings:

Alisson 7 - Nothing spectacular. Couldn't do anything about the goals
Trent 7 - I think Trent started off well in the first half, but he dropped a few levels after his mistake which led to their first goal They seemed to target him all game.
Matip 7 - Had a good game, but wasn't really in sync with Gomez. Could maybe have done more to stop their second goal.
Gomez 6 - His positioning wasn't great. Like I mentioned above, he and Matip weren't really in sync.
Robbo 8 - I thought he was great. Milan didn't even bother attacking on his side during the game it seems.
Fabinho 7 - Nothing spectacular. Decent passing, played well.
Hendo 9 MOM - I think he was immense. Great vision, great passing, great defending all game. What a belter!
Keita 5 - Ghost.
Salah 7 - Could have been 8 but he missed a pen. Nice pass before Trent's "goal". Good finish from Origi's flick.
Jota 6 - Just wasn't his day.
Origi 7 - Lovely assist to Salah but I need more from a striker.

Last edited:
Naby a 5 is just bad trolling, he did fine. Thought Jota was our worst player tonight…really was ineffective out there… Gomez can be pardoned since it’s his first game back.

Naby a 5 is just bad trolling, he did fine. Thought Jota was our worst player tonight…really was ineffective out there… Gomez can be pardoned since it’s his first game back.
I'm not on the Keita hate bandwagon, but I just didn't think he had a good game.

I haven't been impressed with him, but he played alright tonight. And he's a much more talented player than Lucas. Brazilian Lucas, that is. Not the Spanish one we also have.
I just didn’t see it. He doesn’t seem to do anything.

I thought Jota was good today. He did alot more defensive work than usual, but was still involved in the final third, always busy. Bar a good block from their defender in the 2nd half he would have gotten a goal.
Yeah he was a bit unlucky.

How good is Nkunku? He looks like he could do what Ox was bought into do.an play LW, AM and CM
Any views from those that watch Bunderliga?

1 & 2 are not related in this case. It was a ridiculously high-tempo game and he was on for 20 minutes. Get a grip FFS.

Unfortuanltyey this seems to be the modern-day narrow narrative of judging a player's worth. Score a goal and play crap and you're amazing, play well but don't score and your not fit for purpose. Mane is more than an alright player...We knew he wasn't a clinical striker when we bought him why are we complaining now as if we just realized that!? He's capable of streaks, no more no less. Guarantee he scores in the next few games ppl will be flipping saying "ah he's alright that lad Mane, never doubted him!"

Hendo’s goal was worthy of winning any game, the technique was out of this world and his celebration was like “yeah I’m the fucking man here, say what? I can’t heaaaaar youuuu.”

I thought Rebic was quite a handful tonight, quick good movement working hard and end product. Wouldn’t mind trying to sign him in Jan as alternative to Adeyemi..we need attacking reinforcements no question about it.

Ali was fucking shit. That German wanker with the stupid video would have saved the first. As for the stand out performance, it was Fabinho. Ran the midfield carrying Keita on his back.

1 & 2 are not related in this case. It was a ridiculously high tempo game and he was on for 20 minutes. Get a grip FFS.
Jones ,Henderson, And Thiago seem to handle the tempo when they came on. Or did you just fail to notice that..??

His touch was off and could not sort his feet out most of the time, wanted to long to take shots, when the old Mane would strike the ball almost straight away, he struggles to take players on when the mane of old would breeze past they. It is not just this game. He as been like this for a season or two now and is not getting better.
His game as gone, He is not the same Mane of three or four seasons ago

Best game for us in ages.
Put in the effort in the first 20 mins without looking like he would score, then when back to half =heart runs, never really try to dash into the box when we looked to break, and too often moved towards the ball on the egde of the box taking defenders with him instead of creating space for Salah and TAA

Jones ,Henderson, And Thiago seem to handle the tempo when they came on. Or did you just fail to notice that..??

His touch was off and could not sort his feet out most of the time, wanted to long to take shots, when the old Mane would strike the ball almost straight away, he struggles to take players on when the mane of old would breeze past they. It is not just this game. He as been like this for a season or two now and is not getting better.
His game as gone, He is not the same Mane of three or four seasons ago

You mean Hendo who started the game? Funny that he had the tempo of it yeah o_O
Milner was composed but was on for less than 10 and most notably played it into their corner, and while I thought Jones was bright the play was lost with him on a couple of occasions. So again, let's keep the hyperbole under control eh?

Mane, as a poster said above had always been a bit of a streaky player and will sometimes run a bit hot and cold, but the season is 5 games old and he's scored a couple already so just chill TF out. Maybe he doesn't always run and beat a man now, but he still can. If you want to reference only tonight I don't really remember Keita doing it against Calibria and Kjaer unless Robbo was overlapping, and by the time Mane was on Robbo was focused a bit more on defence and not providing that outlet quite as much. He had one sort of chance, which was wonderful control on the chest from a good cross and then (likely with it being his first proper action of the game) he rushed his position and shot a bit. His feet for that however were fine.

The lad is one goal away from equalling Keegan on the Liverpool top scorers list, in a damn sight less games, and is still only 29. So maybe, just maybe, get behind him and stop being a hysterical bell.

The criticism of Naby today (uninvolved, just passes the ball, ghost) are the exact ones made of Gini for the past 4-5 years. In the past week or so, we've also had comments about Jones not kicking on, not being progressive enough last season. Funnily enough, all three of them play in that left sided CM slot.

I think it's unfair and also no coincidence that both Naby and Gini are far more progressive in other teams and systems.

The criticism of Naby today (uninvolved, just passes the ball, ghost) are the exact ones made of Gini for the past 4-5 years. In the past week or so, we've also had comments about Jones not kicking on, not being progressive enough last season. Funnily enough, all three of them play in that left sided CM slot.

I think it's unfair and also no coincidence that both Naby and Gini are far more progressive in other teams and systems.

I've made this point before, but that wasn't my issue with him, it was his lack of consistency in positioning off the ball. He didn't make smart decisions and the whole midfield was stupid about who was up and who was back. Keita was behind play and chasing the ball at times.

He still played some good football. I'm not being overly critical. I think it's also that there isn't near the same creativity on that side in general, and Keita was more often working with Robbo and jota, while the other sides triangle involves Salah and Trent.

I'm not on the Keita hate bandwagon, but I just didn't think he had a good game.
He did what he had to do and what he was in the team to do. It was a Gini-esque performance with a few more dribbles. If that was Gini then people would be saying what a good, solid, game he had.

With Robbo attacking at will we needed solidity on that side and that's what Keita gave us. The base for Robbo to attack. It was a 7/10 performance all night long.

Alisson 6 - Virtually nothing to do and I can't blame him for the goals.
Trent 7 - His runs from/into midfield, and his interactions with Mo on the right, caused them problems all night. He was supposed to be covered by the defence. Clearly tired for the last 15 mins.

Matip 7.5 - Had a good game and his runs into midfield and sharp passing were a key element in shredding their midfield. However, loses half a point for their first goal. Watching Rio Ferdinand's analysis he said if any CB was to blame for that goal then it was Matip, he was clearly out of position and Gomez had no option but to hold his ground, if he moved forward it was an easy pass for Diaz(?) to make around him, move left or right and it was the same. However he also said that would be nitpicking as basically it was just a great move by Milan.

Gomez 7 - I thought he had a very good game. Made few errors and generally covered well.
Robbo 8 - Excellent running all night up and down that wing. Indefatigable. Some of his crosses weren't the best though, he seems to have gone off the boil in that regard.
Fabinho 7.5 - Bar the first goal he was in the right place at the right time destroying their forward momentum (difficult to call them attacks). I thought the whole midfield worked really well together.
Hendo 8.5 MotM - Had a very good game, spreading the ball around and filling in for TAA when he went forward. Back to his best and what a goal !
Keita 7 - As I said above, a Gini-esque performance and an integral part of an excellent midfield performance, the rock that enabled Robbo to get forward at will.
Salah 8 - Excellent game all round again and could have been a 9 bar the missed pen. Loved his determination to cover for Trent, running back at full pelt to drop into the RB slot.
Jota 6 - Steady but no cigar.
Origi 7 - That was an amazing assist to Mo and if it had been anyone else the forum would be raving about it. Did an excellent job all night.

Ox. 5
Thiago 6
Milner 7 - clever play to wind the clock down
Jones 6 - started off like a house on fire but could have done much better, especially when we broke 3 on 2 and should have put the game to bed right there and then.

Klopp 8.5 - this was a wonderful team performance just blighted by the two lapses in concentration and our now regular prolificacy. 3 points so he got the selection right and rested a few players for Palace at the beginning of this crucifying 6 games in 17 days or whatever it is.

Last edited:
Jones did ok when he came on. He needs to lift his head up though when he plays, he'll never push on otherwise. Ox was standard awful, there was a good player in there but that seems long gone. Maybe its confidence, or injuries taking their toll, the best he/we can hope is he stays fits and calms back down into a normal playing pattern, he might then contribute.

Mane again was typical too, busy, a threat and totally erratic. If he had lost his pace it would be typical age regression, but he hasn't, it's his decision making thats gone to pot. Salah on the other hand has cut out all of the old frustrations and is fully aware of his team mates, he's upped a tier this season, a much more rounded World Class threat.

Hendo and Fabinho look a brilliant partnership. One goes for the opponent, the other lurks for the loose ball, just brilliant.

Last edited:
Milan coach Stefano Pioli, talking to Sky Italia: “Liverpool played a great game especially in the first 25 minutes. Then we overturned it, the regret is the two goals conceded in the second half, also due to our mistakes. It was a game that will make us grow a lot in terms of intensity and quality.
"The team was motivated, we expected a strong start from our opponents but we were too static. The environment, the game, the quality of the opponent created some difficulties for us. We go home with the awareness that the team can grow and that the Champions League level is really high, we will have to try even harder.
"They pressed very hard and we struggled a bit with the ball early on. The thing we regret is that besides the undeniable quality of Liverpool, we know how to do better and we will work to do better. Usually we are much more careful, we could have defended better ."

We saw the 19/20 season Origi last night, powerful and purposeful movement off the ball, aggressive and sharp pressing but most of all DESIRE to be involved in the game. If this is Klopp getting a reaction, then that is fantastic. He is an asset to the team when he plays like this and takes pressure off the others. Please keep up this momentum Divvy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom