• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we getting closer to the point where we accept we’re not the first team to be badly affected by a wrong call and just move on - it’s happened, it’s not going to be reversed or replayed, no-one’s going to be charged with anything and this is not ending up anywhere near a court.

This nonsense is starting to be more annoying that the actual decision.
Absolutely.

IMG-20231006-WA0037.jpg

Are we getting closer to the point where we accept we’re not the first team to be badly affected by a wrong call and just move on - it’s happened, it’s not going to be reversed or replayed, no-one’s going to be charged with anything and this is not ending up anywhere near a court.

Its content isn't it? Youtubers/Sports Newsoutlets/Social Media create the outrage then continue the outrage by bemoaning it.
The club has had the audio, the PGMOL has put in a process that they think will stop a repeat of this happening. I really think the club and PGMOL has moved on!

That would assume VAR officials have no current live visual monitors Which would be ridiculous. The linesman was clearly shown flagging (am I flagging) offside.

Yea but then you have to assume they were paying attention to those monitors after the ball hit the net. I dunno if that works with what was said, I lost the will to think it through properly. We’re all flagging now, the controversy has run its course i think.

Ok Ahab….

A far better story than the one where we get branded as victims by the very fans who'll be whining about VAR this afternoon, and we just take that as we slunk off into some dark silent corner with a whimper.

This is the only shot anyone will ever get to sue them by the way. Because no matter how egregious a mistake they make, it is covered by their rules, we have no remedy for that. This situation is unique, because they have admitted they didn't follow their procedures, it's the only time they're going to do that, and the only chance we have to make a difference.

But if we pass it up, because victim, because annoyance, then we deserve to die and/or never win another title in our lifetimes. But hey ho, at least your feels won't feel annoyed so there's that.

A far better story than the one where we get branded as victims by the very fans who'll be whining about VAR this afternoon, and we just take that as we slunk off into some dark silent corner with a whimper.

We made our point, we likely had almost unanimous support for actually changing the failing system - now where are we?

Demand a change, move on.

We made our point, we likely had almost unanimous support for actually changing the failing system - now where are we?

I personally want Darren England behind bars. But our lawyers ain't me, so obviously that ain't happening. Still, we need to get it inside a courtroom and get the judge to utter something about "negligence". That's it, that's all we need to do. At the moment, VAR can watch John Stones raise his leg six feet off the ground and perform a spinning heel kick into Mo Salah's eye socket, and VAR can say check complete. That will then be called a mistake, apology given, end of the matter. There is nothing we can do about it under the rules. That's why we need them accountable to some definition of negligence, which can be argued over and defined and refined in future cases. But this is the only time the circumstances will allow us to bring a case without it getting thrown out.

Universities hide behind their equivalent rules called "academic judgement". No matter how poor their lecturers, how laughable their supervision, how badly the student fails, there's no remedy. It's only when the first case happened by the first student, you start chipping away at the system, and force universities to adhere to professional standards that are defined by courts. Referees need to feel that same pressure. When they make a mistake that is so horrific and inexplicable, it needs to fall under the umbrella of negligence and they need to pay for it. That threshold can be as super high as you want it, it doesn't matter, just by having it there it will be enough to keep referees somewhat honest. The changes proposed by PGMOL are lip service, they'll change absolutely nothing.

Given how vocal Klopp has been about this I'd say the major change he has forced is that PGMOL will release audio quickly and often after the games.
He has also pushed the focus over to the referees and all eyes will be on them in the future. I'd say that will work in our favor.

Well played by Klopp and he always knew talk of a replay would be so far fetched that it just made his point about how bad the decision and incident was last Saturday.

Yep, lock this down.

Alexis Mac Allister has avoided punishment from the FA over comments on social media following Liverpool’s controversial defeat to Tottenham. #LFC -
@dmlynchlfc

This is very good post.

I don't think there's anything odd about using a big public failure to make sure something is properly reformed. I don't expect or hope for court or points or anything.

I don't think the people who instituted or trained a process that embarassingly flawed and ripe for miscommunication should be entrusted with fixing it.

I'm not all angry about it anymore, it's just the sort of failure among others that should cause people to get fired. It's a banal type of incompetence but it also opens a huge door for impropriety.

They don't know what they are doing, they've been doing it for years now, and now they are saying, yeah, we will fix it. With the same management, without any scrutiny? No thanks.

I'm with Dantes on what happened. Darren England got it all wrong. No-one stopped him. The audio is pretty clear on this. They pretended it was a communication error, hoping that sticks. That's the reason it should be kept alive... Not the points, not the mistake, the cover up. The fucking lying bastards remind me of South Yorkshire police... wonder why with Howard Webb in charge. They all need shooting. Failing that, at least humiliating.

So far the main drivers of their cover up has been their useful idiot puppets in the media all going on about the miscommunication. PGMOL's actual statements are carefully worded to give them some wiggle room should they need it. The detailed review they've handed over is probably worded just as carefully. Given that cunt Howard Webb will be on Monday Night Football, if the club is smart they might be waiting for him to revel in the spotlight and unthinkingly commit the lies to record, and then we can proceed with the executions or humiliations.

There's clearly a failure in process, but equally England just outright refuses to discuss it.

Yep, he completely blanks various attempts to get him to change course. Realised he'd dropped a monster goolie and froze, would be my guess.

If I was the club's lawyer, I'd be pushing the match fixing angle hard, when he has no plausible explanation for the mistake, we already have the payments that went into his bank account for his mid-week excursions, then you have to say the relevant crime actually occurred in Saudi Arabia, whereupon there would be a strong argument for extradition.

[article]
What is the punishment for crime in Saudi Arabia?
Theft (stealing in secret) is punished by the amputation of the offender's right hand, and armed or highway robbery may be punished by execution, crucifixion, or amputation of hands and feet from opposite sides of the body, depending on the severity of the offense.
[/article]

Alhamdulillah.

I know it’s not scientific Dantes, but sometimes people just make mistakes, either from incompetence, stupidity, a brain fart or a gazillion other reasons that aren’t really sinister or punishable by death.

For example, we choose to engage with you collectively on this site and we’ve been paying the price for it ever since - and while most of your posts have the same effect as a bad VAR call and make us all die a little inside, I don’t think pruning those responsible for allowing Dantes the oxygen to grow would be right.

We could could be tough on Dantes and tough on the causes of Dantes… or we could accept that Dantes happened and move on in the knowledge that while Dantes is annoying… there will never be another Dantes.

We need to own our Dantes… we need to improve our Dantes so that Dantes is a positive force… Make Dantes Great Again.

Dantes has a completely viable point of view. That I for the most part agree with. This should remain an open sore until it is properly healed. Which wont happen by throwing shite over it.

The club should take as strong a stance as possible. If it means you get bored Then don't moan the next time it happens. Next time that thug kicks your kid brothers head in just cower in the corner and stop whinnying.

Last edited:
Dantes has a completely viable point of view. That I for the most part agree with. This should remain an open sore until it is properly healed. Which wont happen by throwing shite over it.

The club should take as strong a stance as possible. If it means you get bored Then don't moan the next time it happens. Next time that thug kicks your kid brothers head in just cower in the corner and stop whinnying.

You make about as much sense as him - babbling on about kid brothers and other such figments of your vivid imagination.

What we want is the VAR operating procedures or protocols fixed so that this doesn’t happen again - to anyone. On top of that, the level of incompetence shown by Darren England should get him sacked.

There likely isn’t a team or a manager in football that won’t support that.

That however, is all we’re getting - all this talk of unfairness and replays - is playing into what PGMOL want - distraction and to sew the seeds of division so that nothing changes.

We need to be focusing on how this is wrong for football and how it absolutely has to be fixed - instead we’ve allowed to change into a story about how we’ve been hard done by and how we need remedy to our satisfaction.

That’s exactly how nothing changes and the status quo remains.

And I don’t like it, don’t like it, don’t like it, don’t like it… I don’t li-li-like it, li-li-li…

You make about as much sense as him - babbling on about kid brothers and other such figments of your vivid imagination.

What we want is the VAR operating procedures or protocols fixed so that this doesn’t happen again - to anyone. On top of that, the level of incompetence shown by Darren England should get him sacked.

There likely isn’t a team or a manager in football that won’t support that.

That however, is all we’re getting - all this talk of unfairness and replays - is playing into what PGMOL want - distraction and to sew the seeds of division so that nothing changes.

We need to be focusing on how this is wrong for football and how it absolutely has to be fixed - instead we’ve allowed to change into a story about how we’ve been hard done by and how we need remedy to our satisfaction.

That’s exactly how nothing changes and the status quo remains.

And I don’t like it, don’t like it, don’t like it, don’t like it… I don’t li-li-like it, li-li-li…

Can’t believe you’re trying to have a serious conversation with them Froggy.

There are two posters in this thread (albeit one of them is Jason) who have "agreed with Dantes". I don't give a fuck about the content of what he is saying (he may have said we need air to live for all I know) ... but that is a very dangerous slope we are now sliding down

I agree with tombrown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom