• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if people are going to misrepresent a sound bite without context then it’s on them. Cunts will be cunts, eitherway there will be no replay so not bothered what rest think.

This is a manc (supporter) siding with Klopp. Hell has indeed frozen over. I personally think a replay sets a dangerous precedent and would rather there was reform of match officiating.

Who cares what anybody thinks? A large percentage of supporters of other teams, whether consciously or not, have absorbed the post Hillsborough slur, "always the victims, its never their fault". I've heard them in phone-ins and seen swathes of tweets spouting this perspective with nobody, other than Liverpool supporters recognising it for what it is. So fuck them, and fuck what they think. Negative soundbites? They can stick them up their hoops, I don't care a fuck what they think.

It's also a bit odd to pour over the face that someone makes after their eyelids were taped open and a huge shit was taken on them in public.

Not to mention no public apology was made for taking that shit, and no attempt was made to clean it up.

Look at how he's reacted though, he seems to still show some residual feeling of feeling hard done by, or as if something is unresolved. He should handle it differently!

You are damn right I'd take a replay. I don't give a fuck what other supporters think, at present we have received Null Point from that match. I'd love it even more if we were to win a replay and beat City to the title by 1 point. Fuck em.

This is the thing that truly baffles me. Is there no QA department to verify the process works before it's implementation? Or is literally just set it and forget it.

QA process is our match this weekend. Let's see what spins up from this. Wah-hey!

Who cares what anybody thinks? A large percentage of supporters of other teams, whether consciously or not, have absorbed the post Hillsborough slur, "always the victims, its never their fault". I've heard them in phone-ins and seen swathes of tweets spouting this perspective with nobody, other than Liverpool supporters recognising it for what it is. So fuck them, and fuck what they think. Negative soundbites? They can stick them up their hoops, I don't care a fuck what they think.

My hope - as I, and I'm sure others, have said earlier is ... that this unites the squad in a 'us against the world' approach, while also leaving the largest fucking chip on their shoulders ... would be lovely to win the league and in the celebrations thank Darren England and Simon Hooper.

I don't think you should concede that redress isn't possible, if at some point you want concessions or to demonstrate damages.

The media already began the "Liverpool should get over it" a matter of about a day after the incident, and especially after Liverpool had the temerity to say that what had been said so far was hopelessly inadequate and to demand more.

The partisan nature of football makes it very easy to circle the wagons. Any chance at reform undertaken by an aggrieved club will involve this same media dynamic.

You also shouldn't broadcast to the world what redress you are seeking when you're not a lawyer and have no clue about the damage your dumbass statement has done to the case. He's sat there and told the world that they didn't do it on purpose. Our lawyers will have collapsed over their desks like Keegan in extra time. The fucking muppet ought to be hauled before FSG and fined a months wages.

Gary Neville has already joined. Turn coat cretin.

[Three LMFAO emojis]!! Can’t believe how Liverpool have grabbed defeat from victory in their handling of this ! They were wronged by a shocking mistake.End of!

I will never understand this train of thought. Yes VAR (or to be specific the people operating it) get decisions woefully wrong but look at what we used to have : arbitrary penalties, arbitrary offsides (95% are correct now, all but one of that other 5% are because camera technology needs to be updated to a faster frames per second), arbitrary Red cards, arbitrary decisions based on cheating and diving etc. ... much of that has been cut out. The majority of decisions based on VAR are correct and a far higher percentage correct than in yesteryear. In 10 years VAR will have improved out of all recognition and AI will run it. This is teething (however long that is until it's getting 99% of decisions correct) but there is no way that what I grew up with is better than this.

Nah it's shite. When you're at the match you don't see any of it. You don't know what's going on. Goal celebrations simply aren't what they were... And it doesn't work.

You also shouldn't broadcast to the world what redress you are seeking when you're not a lawyer and have no clue about the damage your dumbass statement has done to the case. He's sat there and told the world that they didn't do it on purpose. Our lawyers will have collapsed over their desks like Keegan in extra time. The fucking muppet ought to be hauled before FSG and fined a months wages.

Objection. It was a league game. There was no extra time. This man is not a credible witness.

Nah it's shite. When you're at the match you don't see any of it. You don't know what's going on. Goal celebrations simply aren't what they were... And it doesn't work.
It's far easier to swallow a "human error" if it's made in the moment than this shit.

Hearing the commentator get excited with "Oooh he's going to have a look on the monitor" makes me physically sick

Yeah, I thought the same. Clattenburg saying that when he had refereed a game in Krasnodar during the week and then refed a game in the PL the same weekend, he couldnt remember much of the game when it was finished as he was insanely tired.

There have been 3 issues with VAR that have prompted a change. All 3 have happened to us.

Just another coincidence mate. Less of the paranoia. .

Looks like Darren England will not in our games for the rest of the season ... A good start, but more changes please.
Would we have any refs left to officiate our games after every fuck up or is it because of the nature of the offside goal is so unprecedented to them?

Or it might be that this cunt is one match away from prison.

Firstly for an elite official, he sure seems to make a lot of honest mistakes.

Firstly away to United.

Rashford is clearly in an offside position.

Rashford-VAR.jpg

Even when they drew the lines Rashford's foot was clearly ahead of Gomez's shoulder. England as VAR gave the goal though and then Mike Dean came out and backed him up stating that because he was only a little bit offside the advantage went to the attacker.

Even with England getting to choose which frame they used for the offside they still couldn't produce an image showing Rashford onside. No matter goal allowed. Dean then states that Rashford's goal was allowed because of a new rule.

Then we get to Arsenal v Liverpool a game from last season.

Firstly the Arsenal opener is allowed because apparently it was in a camera blindspot.

When it was pointed out that VAR had a camera angle that clearly showed Saka coming back from an offside position.

1_Saka.jpg

It then became oh yeah that camera isn't calibrated for offsides.

Not content with that we then get the Gabriel handball.

Feo39LWWIAEc4e3.jpg:large

Not even Ref's mate Gallagher is prepared to defend that one.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Incorrect decision.

DERMOT SAYS: All I can think is that the referee and VAR felt it was too close a proximity. What we've seen this season is if the arm is out - in this case at shoulder height - then it's been penalised. When I saw it and saw the VAR being used, I expected it to be overturned.

They felt it was too close, that's why it wasn't given. I anticipated the VAR would recommend a review. All I can think is the VAR felt it was too close so wouldn't recommend it. If he doesn't do that then the referee can't look at the screen.

He then speaks about an incident in the Newcastle v Brentford game.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision

DERMOT SAYS: I was surprised the Gabriel one wasn't given. I wasn't surprised this was. The minute I saw it, I thought: 'His arm is up that high and I expect it to be given'. I think they're very similar and I was surprised they weren't treated the same.

The directive is if the arm is at shoulder height and above then it's going to be penalised. Dan Burn, I never thought for one second it wouldn't be penalised.

Gabriel-Burn-Liverpool-VAR.jpg

The directive is clear arm at shoulder height then it is a penalty.

Then we get to England doing a long freeze frame of the Jones challenge showing the impact point and then following up with a slow motion replay that everyone knows makes tackles look worse. Jones played the ball and then caught the Spurs player with his follow through. Fair enough if you play the ball and then catch someone above the ankle then if England is on VAR you get sent off. Right?

From the same game.

skysports-martinelli-alexander-arnold_5926895.jpg

The big difference is that Trent actually went off injured after being caught. For me, neither is a Red Card. However, I am sure that if England had shown an extended freeze frame of the impact, followed by a slow mo and demanded a Red Card he would have got one.

Despite his best efforts Liverpool like in the Spurs game were still level and in the game. That changed though when Arsenal got a late penalty.

Thiago-foul-on-Gabriel-Jesus-4681.jpg

Again we will go to the referee's mate Gallagher.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Incorrect decision.

DERMOT SAYS: I think it raises two issues. Firstly, it's not in line with what has changed this season. The League has raised the threshold and there's more physical contact. Without doubt, Thiago doesn't get the ball and makes contact with Jesus. But is it enough to give a penalty? I think not.

For me neither player has control of the ball and if anything Jesus has just put his foot across Thiago and gone down like a sack of shit. At the very least England should highlight to Oli that there is absolutely minimal contact.

I think players' reactions say a lot.

1_thiagoFepLH76WQAEvIckjpeg.jpg

1_GettImages-1698652028.jpg

I think if you look at the decisions that England has made against Liverpool, where he just basically throws the rule book and the protocols out of the window and gives what he wants. Then for me it is far more than incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom