• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Thread - Chelsea (a) - Sun 13th 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we actually do during preseason preparation? The same problems from last season are there to see— each we turn the ball over we’re more likely than not to concede. That play at the end summed it up— from our corner we nearly concede :mad: We know our frailties but still set up to expose than mitigate them.

That said, at least Klopp had the balls to make substitutions. We were a whole lot better after them.

Last edited:
We dominated the first 20-30 mins and then just completely stopped playing.

Balance of the team was all wrong - got a bit better once we brought on Jones.

Really need to get that DM sorted

Tough game, Chelsea a lot better than I thought they'd be.

Fair result, would've taken it before the game.

A bit disjointed, but TBF not surprised seeing as that midfield doesn't even know eachother really....

The defence on the other hand hmmm....

Gakpo needs to play further forward. Strange he was in midfield tbh.

Salah needs to cut that petulant shit out aswell, doesn't set a good example

Macallister looks good
Slabberchops is a little off the pace. His passing needs to be crisper.
Nunez looks like nunez
Elliott was very good when he came on.
Allison great, as per usual
Defence shit.
Midfield ran out of steam in second half. Should have brought Jones in earlier.
Salah deserves a bollocking.
Trents passing was also pretty crap

The best thing to come from today is Klopp saying he has a long shopping list. The balance of the midfield was off and ultimately we're fortunate to get a point at a pretty lacklustre Chelsea side.

Szoboszlai and Mac Allister applied themselves well, but we're not going to see the best of either without more structure and solidity. Gakpo should never feature in midfield again. Jones or Elliott had to start.

Trent was off the pace, which didn't help.

Overall I think Klopp has got away with one here. The selection and tactics were not right.

Was always going to be a big ask with no defence/midfield protection. It’s always a tough place to go as it is, but all things considered in addition, it’s a very good result.

Such a frustrating match... We should have been 3 or 4 up before they equalized, then we fell apart and should have lost it a few times.

Ali was his usual magnificent self, Konate was largely brilliant (especially defending that last gasp break from our corner), Macca's going to be a superstar and Sobowhatshisname started very well but faded... Lots of drive, not much end product as the game progressed.

I thought almost everything good that we tried to do died once Gakpo got involved... So many awful passes or bad decisions. He tried hard, but if Bobby had been where he was today, we'd have score several. Jota was largely anonymous for me, and TAA's passing was often rubbish by his standards.

The last 15 - 20 minutes of that match was like watching a pub league game... We couldn't pass it, we couldn't control it, we gave it away needlessly.

I thought it would end about 3-3 before the game started. Having watched it through, I was right in theory... I don't know how there were half a dozen more goals in that game.

He wagged to continue his opening day goal run. Nothing wrong with that.
No one is saying there is anything wrong with him wanting to continue that…It’s the petulant toddler reaction to being subbed that’s the issue. If he wants to be seen as a leader in the squad then fucking act like one.

Not moving Trent to midfield is the fucking stupidest, most pig headed decision Klopp's ever made.

Well, since deciding our MF was ace last summer, anyway.

Oh, and I was surprised Taylor didn't find a way to lash the winner in for them in the dying seconds... How the fuck was that not a penalty?!?!? It would not have hit his chest had his hand not been there and it was headed into an empty net.

Also am alone in thinking you can’t be offside if you are off the pitch?

Thought the commentary missed that and should have been a pen for us?

Oh, and I was surprised Taylor didn't find a way to lash the winner in for them in the dying seconds... How the fuck was that not a penalty?!?!? It would not have hit his chest had his hand not been there and it was headed into an empty net.
Natural position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom