• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Thread - Chelsea (a) - Sun 13th 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea players were so good under pressure. We really struggled to win the ball back today.
Enzo was sublime at skipping out of a tackle.
He and Gallagher were brilliant in there, Poch is the right man to bring out the best in them. Sadly they'll do well this season.

Did I criticize either goal being ruled out, Pat? Or did I just talk about the one decision that I feel they got wrong..? But carry on, mate. As you were...
You said Var? As if to highlight they were shit and favourable to Chelsea. If it was a clear penalty as you believe they would have given it.

He and Gallagher were brilliant in there, Poch is the right man to bring out the best in them. Sadly they'll do well this season.
Gallagher annoyingly put in 3/4 brilliant tackles at crucial moments when we looked set to pounce.
Chelsea will be up there this season.

Got away with that.

Badly need a DM.

All this is obvious stuff.

But that's going to be a good point. Poch will make them a decent team pretty quickly.

Not disagreeing with that but thought Macca had a good game there, while Gakpo and Szobo weren't good enough overall
No they weren't and got tired towards the end. Had to do a lot of running.
Macca and Szobo would have been playing further forward with DM on the pitch and they wouldn't have to work as hard defensively.

Not disagreeing with that but thought Macca had a good game there, while Gakpo and Szobo weren't good enough overall
He was decent, but probably not getting the best out of him on that position. And that probably effects Szaobo's game as well. As a result Gakpo is playing out of position.

Reactions: jan
I'm sorry. You're right, of course. Because VAR NEVER gets it outrageously wrong. Ever. Every flippin' week, clean as a whistle...
Of course it can but considering the ref, var, commentators and some posters on here after seeing replays can see why it wasn’t given its a bit one eyed to scream it was an obvious pen.

I was actually quietly impressed with Dominik today, I'd been a bit disappointed during preseason, but today he stuck to his task well and showed a lot of nice moments. Definitely feel it'll take him a month or two to get up to speed and start showing his full ability, something exacerbated by the lack of DM who isn't always injured, but he's not one I'm worried about, he and Mac are going to make an exceptional pairing of eights.

Salahs assist though.
My word.
And if Trent played the ball a fraction earlier a goal too.
Hit the bar and there were other instances esp Gakpo where the final ball to him was either poor, delayed or never came when he was in prime position.
He’s going to have a sublime season again and those saying sell can fuck off.

It's wasn't a penalty. His arm never moved and was close to his body.

Close.. but I'd have been annoyed if it was against us.

That he should have played earlier.
Go back and watch him on the ball compared to the two new signings and he was so far off it.
Sob reminds me of a leaner more mobile Emre Can.
Watch it again, he played it early without taking a touch.

If Salah’s disallowed goal had stood I think we’d have won comfortably. Once Chelsea got back into it and Sterling/James were running us ragged it was difficult to see us hanging on. James going off and the kids coming on made a positive difference.

No problem with VAR decisions and quite like the yellow card for waving an imaginary card thing

Also am alone in thinking you can’t be offside if you are off the pitch?

Thought the commentary missed that and should have been a pen for us?
Unless the ref gives you permission to leave the pitch, ie sub, red card or medical treatment you are considered on the pitch. Leaving the pitch by walking into touch to construct an offside/onside situation is not allowed

Close to his body but up by his face?

I think it should have been referred to the ref.

No!!! Decisions should NEVER be referred to the ref.

That bollocks drives me absolutely crazy.

The VAR IS a referee!!

"I know what will bring clarity to this!! Let's get a referee to refer the decision to another referee! Such an OBVIOUS solution!!"

If Salah’s disallowed goal had stood I think we’d have won comfortably. Once Chelsea got back into it and Sterling/James were running us ragged it was difficult to see us hanging on. James going off and the kids coming on made a positive difference.

No problem with VAR decisions and quite like the yellow card for waving an imaginary card thing
I don’t, I think they’ve have continued to dominate the ball and got at least one back and we’d have hung on.

I fucking hate that rule.

What's so bad about waving an imaginary card? It's always seemed like such an arbitrary bit of sanctimoniousness to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom