• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (H) - Sun 1400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
This is a bigger game than i would have originally thought, with WH having beaten Chelsea & Brighton this season.

They are going to pepper us at set pieces with JWP and we need to be organised.

I’m expecting Trent to go straight back in.

I’d personally have a proper DM for this but i think Klopp goes Jones, Alexis & Szobo.

Alisson
Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Mac Allister
Szobo
Jones

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

I think Klopp will select Jota over Diaz, but overall I agree.

West Ham are looking decent. Alvarez has looked a shrewd buy for £36M, although I've read he is injured for the weekend. I'm not sure why we were never in for him - seems to have a lot of qualities that we would look for at DM. JWP has started electric and can easily rack up 20-25 goal involvements this year. Kudos also looks bright. There was a huge amount of agro behind the scenes at West Ham over the summer with clashes over their transfer strategy, but whatever the method they look to have put the Rice money to good use and have evolved into a stronger side. The WHU fans calling for Moyes to be sacked will have piped down for sure.

As an aside, the summer was great for football headline writers with Kudos and Duran joining the Premier League. The puns write themselves.

Trent not yet in full team training, no chance he starts with 1-2 day session, Gomez didn’t start yesterday because Klopp had one eye on this game.

Expecting to see Alisson Gomez Ibou Virgil Robbo MacA Jones Szobo Salah Gakpo Jota

It is telling that Klopp didn't bring on Jota, Jones or Gakpo (so they will start at the weekend). Mo, Szobo and Mac only came on to see the game home. Nunez, Diaz, Elliott & Gravenberch all played the full 90, they'll be on the bench.

Note that West Ham played a full strength side yesterday. Nearly all will start again on Sunday.

---------------------------- Alisson
Trent ------- Konate -------------- VvD ------- Robbo

----------------------------- Mac ---------------------------

---------------- Szobo ---------------- Jones

Mo --------------------- Gakpo ------------------ Jota

Win 3-1 (Mo, Szobo and Nunez)

Don't think Trent will be fit for this.

I expect Gomez to start at RB - I think Klopp has also quickly realised that Gomez can't play the inverted full back role, so he's played a 4-2-2-2 (or a 4-4-2) with the full backs staying wide.

I expect this to be the lineup:

-----------------------Alisson
------------Konate--------------VVD
Gomez----Szobo---Macca-----Robbo
--------Jota------------------------Jones
---------------Salah--------Gakpo

Will be a tough game but our attacking power will hopefully be enough.
Bowen potentially being out for West Ham is a pretty big miss.

There must be a way to remedy these slow cold unmotivated starts where we always seem to let in a goal or two before we wake up and start dominating teams. It is a genuine cause of concern.

So Moyesy has done a decent job at WH - what’s he got going for him as a manager you think? Set piece organization?

There must be a way to remedy these slow cold unmotivated starts where we always seem to let in a goal or two before we wake up and start dominating teams. It is a genuine cause of concern.

I'm thinking these will be ironed out with time, but it's five games in a row now?

So Moyesy has done a decent job at WH - what’s he got going for him as a manager you think? Set piece organization?

BKze_t7CIAQfe5y.jpg

This was recorded before the LASK game, but worth a watch. There is clearly a lot of mutual respect between Klopp and Moyes, despite very different styles of football and Moyes’s past associations. Also some words on Quansah.

I wanted JWP but not for £30M.

He’s typical “good for mid table teams”, not really “top tier”.

I think Mac A & Slobbers are better - maybe not at set pieces (although Slobbers might given time).

I will be funny listening to their fans singing about being European champions, the deluded fools.
Trent still out so Gomez at right back.

Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referees: Mat Wilke and Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Craig Pawson
VAR: David Coote
Assistant VAR: Nick Greenhalgh

Coote's the dipstick who didn't even book Picknose when he crocked Virgil. Apart from that, at least Tierney and Hatzidakis aren't involved for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom